Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bharti
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. BhartiYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I want to be pregnant My cycle is irregular always I think it is 32-34 days long cycle! My last period was 25th march and today is 5th April I haven't got my period yet. We tried to conceived on my last period. I usually get my period under (after) 10 days from the exact date of my period. But I am not yet got my period it's 12 days late today. I took a pregnancy test on Sunday morning 2nd April but the result was negative. Should I have to recheck again after some days? And how long it take to confirm pregnancy in irregular period?
Hi, My wife's last period on 17 november, 2017 we got married on 23 nov, 2017. We used withdrawal method for not to be pregnant and on December 10 assuming sperm ejects inside, on 11th Dec she took IPILL. From 19th she used primolut N not to periods as we were going to temple on 23rd Dec. On 31st night we had a glass of wine. On Jan 3rd we went for pregnancy test and it's positive. We went to doctor and had ultra scan and we come to know that it's 5 weeks with 12 mm fetus. Though it is unplanned we are ok with it and want to proceed as we do not want to abort it. Doctor said the fetus should be 7 weeks by now but it is 5 weeks only. I told doctor that she took Ipill, doctor said as it contains levonorgestrel, it doesn't harm baby. Does Wine cause any harm to fetus? And why it is 5 weeks, Is this the effect of wine&ipill? Can you please help me here.
HI I am 25 yrs, old, I got married and I had 3 children, I got operation with vasectomy (not to have children) in the month june last year, after that operation there was a problem started, for me there is a lot of white discharge from that time after I got operation there was a white discharge, and in the menses time the discharge is more and when compared to other than menses, if I take long gap for having urine the clothes are getting wet. And the severity of this problem is more from last 2 months please suggest.
My pregnancy result came as weakly positive in urine test and my beta hcg count is 39.4. My last period was on Nov 3rd. Doctor told that it is not a healthy pregnancy. Please help me.
Can you say me till 7 months are over for my marriage n no pregnancy news y is this so? N I am 19 years old.
Doctor, yesterday I had sex with my hubby while I am already pregnant from last 4 month. Will it cause any problems if no then tell me how long we can have sex more.
We been having sex though once a week normally without protection but we have not yet been able to conceive baby. Is there any issue in this or we should follow certain timing or days.
Hello sir. When I was 4 weeks early preg missed by new guy so after baby born with the mutual understanding my husband n my baby took paternity test n result came my husband is the biological father. Pls let me did that guy n my husband have same blood group in that case is that possible dna report will be false or nothing s related with the blood group n paternity test? Note my husband n that guy both are 0 positive blood group.
Birth control pills commonly known as hormonal pills, oral contraceptive pills, or just pill's are an effective female hormonal birth controlling pill. Young women and adolescent girls are very frequently prescribed birth control pills for heavy or irregular menstrual flow, acne, PMS, hormone therapy, menstrual cramps. In Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), which causes irregular menstrual flow due to hormonal changes, often birth control pills are given to lower the hormones and bring them within normal range. This also regulates the menstrual flow. Often adolescent girls who do not respond to acne treatment are prescribed hormonal pills. Also, these are given to girls who have endometriosis, irregular periods, and genetic conditions like Turner's syndrome.
Concerns associated with pills:
1) Do the Pills have any health benefits: Yes, it has benefits like treatment of PCOS, acne, regulates menstrual flow, decreases cramps, and lowers the risk of cancers and anemia (know more about anemia affect on health).
2) What are the side effects of the pill: Mostly it has no major problem as such. Pills containing estrogen might increase the risk of developing clots in eyes, lungs, and legs. If a woman complains of ACHES then she should be taken to the emergency.
A Abdominal pain
C Chest pain
H Headache along with dizziness and weakness
E Eye problems along with problems in speech
S Severe pain in the thigh or calf
3) Is there a risk of developing stroke or heart attacks while using the pill: A healthy woman who does not smoke and is on pills does not have any risk of getting a stroke or a heart attack. Smoking should be avoided when birth control pills have been prescribed.
4) Are there chances of getting cancer: Taking birth control pills actually protects the woman against ovarian and uterus cancer. Some experts also feel that the pill also reduces the chances of breast cancer.
5) Does the pill cause blood clots: Yes, there is little risk of developing clots in the legs. In adolescent girls the risk of forming clots is 5-50 per 100,000 every year. In pregnant women the risk is 4.3-10 folds more than those who do not use the pill.
6) Does the pill cause birth defects: The pill has not been associated with any birth defects and also does not harm the health of the child.
7) How does the pill help in irregular menstrual flow and acne:
In case of irregular menstruation the pill helps by regulating the menstrual cycle to every 28 days. It also helps to reduce the amount and the length of the menstruation.
The hormones present in the pill help to stop the acne. OTC or prescribed drugs can be taken for moderate to severe acne.