Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Bharati Haresh MehtaYour feedback matters!
Is artificial hymen available and if yes when should we have to go for it just before marriage or sometime before?
It is a common misbelief that eating home cooked food is the healthiest option. Whenever, we plan to eat out, there is always a question lingering about the cleanliness of the hotel’s kitchen. We need to realize that it is not just the hotel, but our own kitchen should also be taken care of.
Listed below are some commonly overlooked things that could be contributing to your health in a bad way. With kitchen shopping continuing through the years, there are unused and/or overused things, both of which are harmful. Read on to know more.
- Overused utensils: In most homes, the cooking vessels turn brown over a period of time. This happens, especially in metallic ones like aluminium. It is due to leftover food and is a breeding ground for germs. Leaving the vessels for a later wash can lead to these stains getting tougher and the vessel taking on a permanent brownish color. A good way to manage this is to clean the vessels as soon as possible.
- Stained mugs and cups: It is a common belief that tea cups will stain over a period of use, which is not true. In some cases, the hard water has high concentration of calcium carbonate, which mixes with the tea and lead to altered bowel movement and improper digestion. The best way to manage this is to mix vinegar and baking soda and remove the stains.
- Chopping board: First things first. Never use the same chopping board for your meat and your veggies. The germs from the uncooked meat affect the vegetables also. As the bacteria continues to grow, in about 10 minutes, there will be double the number of bacteria that will affect the vegetables.
- Chipped melamine dishware: While the melamine kitchenware is unbreakable, do not use them at high temperatures. This can cause it to chip and melamine leaks into the food, causing kidney stones and renal failure. A good way to avoid this risk is not to heat food in the melamine dishes.
- Non-stick cookware: While nonstick ware helps reduce the amount of oil used, constant use erodes the coating and slowly the chemical is leaked, which can add carcinogenic elements into your dosa or roti. This can cause liver and stomach problems with continued use.
- Coffee makers: The reservoir in the coffee makers hoards a whole lot of bacteria and can cause various diseases. Thorough cleaning with hot water can help you keep it clean.
These are some of the common ways your kitchen can affect your health, there are definitely more. So, keep your kitchen clean for a healthier life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi am Anjali, a 30 yrs old married girl. Earlier I used to have regular but very painful periods and got my chocolate cyst (9cm) of left every operated in march 2013. Had taken Lu pride injection and had no periods till 7th months of my operation. Doctor had suggested for immediate conception after resuming of my periods but I could not conceive so far. The pain remained the same after my operation also and I used to take" Super spas" I again consulted a gynecologist on 21st September 2015. I got my sonography done and again have 2 cm cyst in left ovary only. Medication are on. I am taking" Productive F" tablet after breakfast n" Ovigyn DSR n overall G" after dinner. Doctor has said that the cyst will be dissolved with these medicines but she did not assure me. She also said that because of the cyst I am not conceiving though I am getting regular periods. When I asked the doctor that what is my right ovary doing. She said that right ovary also might have small cysts which could not be diagnosed in sonography. please suggest. Thanks.
After second delivery I got stretch marks on stomach, thighs and hips so please tel me how to get rid of it ?
Hello doctor On 8th sept I have touched my gf vagina with my hand and inserted 1 inch inside her vagina just for 10 sec Before doing that I have urinated And than I touched my penis And after that I wiped my hand by cloth And touched her vagina as mention above And on 19th sept (28th day of menstrual cycle) she starter spotting And after 12 am on 20th sept she started her period and it continues till 24th Sept today So say me did there is any chance of pregnancy Im. Scared due to reading abt implantation bleeding There was no penis vagina contact We was in full cloth No naked Just I have touched her vagina with my hand And after touching her vagina I make her side almost 1m away from myself And masturbated myself on ground We both where in full dries So say me any chance of pregnancy.
HOW CAN SURGERY BE SCAR LESS?
It is not possible to magically perform operations without access to the abdomen. Scar less or SILS (single incision laparoscopic surgery) is an advanced technique in laparoscopy where the procedure is performed through the umbilicus instead of the traditional 4 or more laparoscopic incisions. As the incision is through the umbilicus the scar is virtually invisible. Single-incision laparoscopic surgical procedures require an experienced surgeon who is highly skilled and experienced in laparoscopic surgery.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF SCAR LESS LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERY (SILS)?
In addition to improved cosmetic outcomes. Single incision laparoscopic surgery leaves the patient with the potential for less post-operative pain, quicker recovery time and reduced risk of wound site infections.
DOES IT NEED SPECIALIZED EQUIPMENT?
SILS surgery needs specialised ports and instruments so that we can achieve triangulation at the surgical site. The imaging system should be high resolution with a HD or 3D camera. The most important factor is a surgeon with the large experience in these procedures both by open as well as laparoscopic route so that it can be done safely.
CAN ALL SURGERIES BE PERFORMED LAPAROSCOPICALLY?
Though a wide range of surgeries have been attempted by SILS as of now it is performed on a regular basis for few standard laparoscopic procedures such as laparoscopic cholecystectomy, appendectomy and obesity surgery. Especially for surgeries like cholecystectomy with risk of bile duct injury it should performed by a surgical gastroenterologist with in-depth knowledge of the gallbladder and bile duct anatomy and physiology.
IS IT A SAFE OPERATION?
Patient selection is very important Not every patient who wants scarless surgery can be offered surgery. Generally patient uncomplicated appendicitis / cholecystitis can undergo scarless surgery. However if local factors are not conducive safe completion of the procedure is more important than cosmesis. Patients should be prepared for conversion to reduced port or multiport laparoscopic surgery if situation warrants.
IS IT AN EXPENSIVE OPERATION?
If the patient built and local factors make it feasible to perform scarless laaproscpic surgery the cost is only marginally higher than standard laproscopic surgery because of the few additional specialized equipment used. It is definitely not much expensive compared to standard surgery.
WHAT CAN WE EXPECT AFTER SURGERY?
The surgery can be performed in about one hour with a typical hospital stay of less than 24 hours.
You will have mild pain and soreness at umbilicus with a 1.5 to 2 cm incision hidden in the umbilicus grove. Patients will probably be able to get back to normal activities within 3-4 days time, including driving, walking up stairs, light lifting and work.
In two weeks time the scar is contracts and disappear into the umbilical fold & becomes virtually invisible. You have undergone a magically scarless operation on your tummy!!