Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Bharat NanduYour feedback matters!
Skin related - etching in mustache area very badly, something comes out like dandruff. Mustache area's skin is dry, with white spots.
Hi, last one year my mother (40 years aged) faces skin problem. At the time of starting period its only itching so she treats it. When she takes medicines and used cream ,its relief for some time or some day, but after some times repeat itching. Now it has a convert into big problem the place of itching has more redness and painful. It almost find out on thigh and back portion of rump. She can not properly sit because of its pain. She used medicine as below: cream name: cosvateGm and dephyte and many medicated soaps and medicines as according to doctor but there is no response. At least we clarify that we are muslim and also eats non-vegetarian. I am very hopeful to your suggestion.
I got the fungal infection on my breast but now still there is a mark. Please tell me any medication.
I regularly get pimples on my face and they leave a mark when they go. So now I have a lot of pimple marks on my face. Pls suggest some remedy to get rid of those marks.
Hii sir, I am 24 old I have pimples on my face since 8 years ago and small holes and black heads and now holes are develop more on my face how can I recover my face to beautiful skin .is it possible.
I've a brackishness on my forehead. Took chemical peelings, laser treatment but no benefit. What is d reason of it?
I'm having rashes on my back instead of using various anti bacterial soaps and allergy cream nothing helped me. What should I do?
I got chicken pox 2 months ago. Have pitted dark scars on my face. Have been using fucidin for the scars. Is there any other effective cream I could use for the scars?
My face have many dark spot I want to remove it. So, tell me what can I do for remove darkspots and make me handsome.
I am 25 year old I had black spots on my face. I had used so many creams but their is no result for the product so now what can I do?
Befor few years I have some acne problem. Now its cleared 80 % but some marks are there. What can I do to remove it?
I am 25 years female having dark circles and dark patches on face since 6 to 7 months, and also under going treatment of TB, this is last month of my course and m very frustrated too about my skin. please suggest Some measures to cure my skin and look better.
HPV refers to Human Papillomavirus. This is a common virus, which has got more than 100 different types and over 40 of these types are transmitted sexually. This virus may cause cervical cancer and cases of genital warts. It is likely to occur in people who are sexually active to contract genital HPV, and it is not accompanied by any signs or symptoms. The virus is transmitted via skin to skin contact and is severely infectious in nature. Using condoms may reduce the risk of spreading of this virus, but is not always successful.
There are two major vaccines for HPV.
- Gardasil: This vaccine prevents the most common HPVs which are associated with genital and anal cancer, and also warts of both genital and anal type.
- Cervarix: This type of vaccine prevents HPV associated with the occurrence of cervical cancer.
Reasons for vaccination against HPV
HPV vaccines are recommended to girls between 11 and 12 years. It is also given to girls and women between the age of 13 and 26 years, who have never been vaccinated against HPC before. These vaccines should be given to females before they start being active sexually and get exposed to the HPV virus. Sexually active females benefit from these vaccines as well, but the effect is less.
Here are three reasons why you should vaccinate against HPV:
- All types of HPV vaccine help in the elimination of the viruses which cause cervical cancer. Viruses causing cancer in the vulva, vagina or anus are also targeted by these HPV vaccines. The HPV vaccines also protect against genital or anal warts. HPV vaccines work effectively in the prevention of cancers caused by HPC viruses and also curb the common health problems which are accompanied.
- The effect of HPV vaccines is quite long lasting in an individual who is vaccinated against HPV. Usually it lasts for ten years or more without having any related disorders or cancers. The protection does not weaken over time and remains stable.
- HPV vaccines are licensed by the FDA to be completely safe and efficient to use. Extensive studies have been carried out globally, and no safety concerns have ever arisen. The side effects of HPV vaccines are usually quite mild. However, a little amount of pain, dizziness and nausea are involved.
HPV vaccines are a series of effective vaccines, which prevent the occurrence of cervical cancer and other cancers which are sexually transmitted. They are generally given to women before getting sexually active to prevent transmission of HPV viruses. Some HPV vaccines are prescribed to males as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.