Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Bharat JainYour feedback matters!
I have mouth ulcer. After some interval it appears automatically. Ulcer is red. And during ulcer it is difficult to eat.
I have sensitivity in lower front teeth for six months. Wat is the treatment. And remedy to solve it.
I want to go for ceramic braces. Please suggest me. Is this the best way to get an attractive smile. What would be cost and time for treatment?
I am having tooth problem from few days. Whenever I am having cold thing I feel sensation in left part. I tried colgate sensitive from a month but it still not working. So please advice me something.
Is it right for the dentist to straightway start the RCT without verifying the requirement of taking X-Ray? Isn't the dentist supposed to confirm that RCT is complete by taking X-Ray and co-relate the result of the operation he had carried out?
I am 40 years old Right now I am suffering from tooth pain. I take tablet of zerodol sp, but no use. I am not able to sleep. What to do, please Help me.
If we think about what attracts us to a person in general, the first thing that we can think of is a great, warm smile. A good set of well-aligned white teeth is an important aspect of this great smile. However, white teeth remain an elusive thing for most of us. Some of the common reasons for discolored teeth are as below.
- Hypo mineralized tooth structure
- Food habits
- Tobacco smoking/chewing (learn more for Smoking Effect on Teeth)
- Side effects of medication (tetracyclines, for instance)
The degree of discoloration varies widely and also is hereditary. Whatever the reasons, there is the option of tooth whitening, which is effective with optimal oral health and good oral hygiene habits. Tooth whitening is not for everybody though, the following are the definite contraindications.
- Teeth with fillings: The bleaching agents work best on natural tooth structure. Whether it is a crown or a veneer or a bridge, the bleaching agent will not work on these tooth-colored fillings and composite resins. On the contrary, using bleaching agent on a tooth filling can produce uneven whitening. The teeth without fillings will appear lighter than those with fillings. If the person has discoloration due to fluorosis or any other reason, then it is ideal to complete any pending restorative work before initiating tooth whitening procedure. This should be allowed to settle in for about 2 weeks. After that, whitening should be undertaken which will ensure the best results and match with the composite filling/veneer/crowns. In people with multiple restorations, whitening can result in uneven coloration of the teeth and so veneers or crowns would be better suited than whitening.
- Sensitive teeth: Sensitivity is an indication that the dentin is exposed or is covered by a very thin layer of enamel. Whitening agents will not work very well in these cases.
- Poor oral health (gingivitis, worn enamel, cavities, and root decay): The whitening agent can irritate the gums or penetrate the existing decay or worn enamel leading to sensitivity. The tooth whitening agent works on the enamel, and as the tooth surfaces do not have enamel, they do not produce a whitening effect.
- Age: Hydrogen peroxide which is the most common bleaching agent is not safe for use in children below 16 years of age. The pulp chambers are quite high and the tooth is still forming, so bleaching agents are not to be used.
While choosing to go for tooth whitening, one thing to bear in mind is that it is not a permanent solution to discolored teeth and might require repetition of the treatment. Having a detailed discussion will help set realistic expectations and achieve optimal results.
When the pulp of the tooth becomes inflamed, septic or lifeless, one needs to go through the root canal treatment
How to remove tobacco and pan masala spot from my teeth, my teeth get yellowish. I have pain in some tooth, before chewing pan masala my mouth was opened fully, but this time closing why? Can I get fully open mouth as like before? Is it painful treatment?
I have plaque inner side of teeth tell me home remedies to clean my teeth so that plaque will be eliminated and my teeth will shine.
Excessive saliva formation in the mouth. Mouth always taste sour. This sourness increases with intake of foods and sweets. Teeth are highly sensitive to hot foods/drinks. Tongue feels burning sensation. I feel very irritating mouth. Sometimes I feel eye pain also which is in on/off mode without any medicine. Please suggest to whom I should consult?
I have tooth problem. Which is like when ve ice cream or cold water or cool drink my tooth ache I tried changing paste also but still I have the same problem if you can provide me some solution tgat ll be very helpful..
A quite serious bacterial infection, diphtheria is caused by the Corynebacterium diphtheria. It usually tends to affect the throat and the mouth of an affected person, although there are other varieties which can infect your skin as well. However, the most common cases of diphtheria affect the throat and the mouth.
Symptoms of diphtheria in general
It may take up to five days for symptoms to show up when you are infected with the disease. Some of the symptoms would be:
- You neck would swell up due to swelling in the lymph nodes, especially in the neck
- Your throat and tonsils will develop a thick grayish membrane
- Your throat may become sore and hoarse
- You may face difficulty in breathing, depending on the size of the membrane and the resultant inflammation
- You may have difficulty swallowing as well
These are the primary symptoms which will affect your throat in general. Some of the other symptoms that may show up are:
- Nasal discharge
- Malaise or a general feeling of discomfort
The parts of your body, which are affected the most tend to be your throat, tongue and the neck. The pain tends to persist for quite some time as you recover.
Causes of diphtheria
Diphtheria is usually spread by the following methods
- Airborne droplets: This is possibly the most common method of contracting the disease. This usually happens when a person is infected with diphtheria coughs or sneezes around you. The airborne droplets then travel from one person to another, transmitting the infection. This is particularly the case in crowded area such as public transport and public spaces.
- Touching personal items which may be infected: Touching used towels, paper tissues or drinking from an unwashed glass may cause an infection as well. These tend to happen mostly in an indoor setting such as offices and houses. Even toys, door and equipment handles can cause transmission of this virus.
If you are showing any of these symptoms, it is prudent to consult a doctor immediately as diphtheria, if left untreated, may also result in serious complications.