Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. BaveshYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor. I have red and itchy eyes since last week. I wash my eyes twice everyday. I also put patanjali drishti eye drops twice a day.
I have red eyes and feelings jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my eyes.
During last couple of months, my eyes are blinking during the day without any itching or pain, it happens many a times during the day. To my observation it generally happen when I have a short sleep. Pls advise.
I am 18 years old sir my eye sight is weak -1 I can not see far images clear is there any aloepathic or aurvedic medicines for improving eyesight or any yoga exercise?
Hi Doctor, I was pasting papers with some Fevicol Mr. After about 5 minutes, some of it was still on my finger and I flicked a little of it into my eye. I washed my hands and rinsed my eyes for a few seconds after that. I have no pain, just some feeling of a foreign body sensation, which is also easing up with rinsing. Should I do something else about it?
I am having Pink Eye. From last 2 days, I am putting Ciplox medicine in my eye, however there is very less improvement. I used Zaditor too (Alergy infection) but there is very less improvement. Please suggest me which is best medicine.
My eyes are very dry and I find it difficult to work sometimes. They are so dry that I feel pain in them and even wind causes me problem. Suggest me what to do.
Hello. I m 22 years old boy, completed B. Tech in computer engg. But I m too thin and I look like too young like 10th standard that reason All my friends are make fun on me. By genetics my father and mother also thin. Sir how can I build personality. Look like a professional in oder to get a good job in IT. Even I will eat normally as others. Is any other foods there to eat and look like strong? Please ans me.
The cornea is the transparent layer of the eye that acts as a protective shield. The cornea, in combination with the sclera, protects the eyes from various harmful microorganisms and particulate matter, including the harmful UV radiations (to some extent). The cornea is made up of three important layers, the Endothelium, Stroma, and the Epithelium.
- Endothelium: The inner layer of the cornea, the endothelium helps to maintain a clear vision by removing the excess fluid absorbed by the stroma. The mitochondria-rich single celled layer functions more like a pump.
- Stroma: The middle corneal layer is extremely thick (~90% of the total corneal thickness) and composed mainly of proteins and fluids. Like the endothelium, the stroma, too, plays a pivotal role in the normal eye vision.
- Epithelium: Being the outermost layer, the epithelium functions as a defensive shield, protecting the eyes from harmful germs, bacteria and any matter that can harm the eye. Most importantly, the epithelium absorbs the essential nutrients and oxygen (present in the tears). The cornea, thus, plays a pivotal role in the normal vision of the eye. However, an injury or an infection can interfere with the corneal functioning, affecting a person's vision as well as giving rise to other complications (the eyes may appear itchy, watery and red. There may also be light sensitivity).
Some of the common cornea problems include
- Keratitis: Injury or microbial (bacteria, virus or fungi) infiltration of the cornea can trigger this condition resulting in corneal infection and inflammation. Some of the symptoms characteristic of keratitis include extreme light sensitivity, blurred vision. The inflammation can also result in redness, pain (moderate to severe) and watery eyes. Antifungal, antiviral or steroidal eye drops may provide relief from the associated symptoms.
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster): This condition mainly affects people who have suffered from chickenpox. In some cases, the virus though inactive may still be present in the body (in the nerves). However, at a later period, certain factors may trigger its activation. Once active, the virus can affect different parts of the body, including the cornea. Shingles can cause corneal soreness and inflammation. Old people and those with a weak immunity are more likely to suffer from shingles. People with shingles may benefit from the administration of steroidal (tropical) and antiviral eye drops.
- Ocular Herpes: This is a viral infection triggered by Herpes Simplex Virus I (HSV I) or Herpes Simplex Virus II (HSV II) resulting in herpes of the cornea. The condition gives rise to corneal inflammation and sores. Here too, the patient can get some relief by using antiviral or steroidal eye drops.
- Keratoconus: This is a degenerative disorder of the cornea that results in thinning of the cornea. The condition can also alter the corneal shape, resulting in swelling, pain, and loss of vision (partial to complete, particularly the night vision).
- Fuchs' Dystrophy: This is a corneal dystrophy whereby the corneal endothelial cells break down at a slower rate than usual. As a result, the stroma may be waterlogged resulting in swelling and blurred vision. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.
Dear sir /madam, I am 22 years old. I have vision problem in right eye and also squint problem in same eye. But my left eye vision is normal. Left eye vision is 6/6 or right eye vision is 6/60. So please tell me how to improve my vision. Is any solution for this problem. I would be grateful if you give me suggestions.
I have pain in my eyes when I am seen in right direction what should I do? Is this a serious problem?
Hi Doctor mughe kabj ki problem rahti hai hamesha. I am slim also. Akho me bi thkawat and halki jalan rahti h. My google no -3. 50 and -3. 25 h. Please best suggest.
How do I care of my eyes I spend more time on computer? At least 4 hours? How do I keep my eyes safe from it?
Hello sir I have job in electronic system my eyes site week so what I do for my eyes and some better treatment for this please give e some ideas?
She is suffering from eye irritation from last night. Her eye swells up and irritates to much Due to which more pain is also there.
Eyes do more than we give them credit for and require more care than what we actually give them mostly. It isn't very difficult to ensure that your eyes are healthy and taken care of.
Here are 7 ways to care for your eyes everyday.
1) Splash water - Always clean your eyes with cold (filtered) water, from time to time. The clean water washes the eyes and keeps them healthy and free of diseases.
2) Don’t look into the sun - Never look into the sunlight directly. In fact, avoid looking at any sort of light that is harsh on the eyes. Direct rays of any kind of bright light can have damaging effect on the retina.
3) Get eyes examined - Have regular eye exams to check for diabetes and high blood pressure, if these health problems already exist in the family.
4) Do not smoke - People who smoke are more risk of having age-related eye problems.
5) Exercise your eyeballs - Roll the eyeballs up and down, and lift and right without moving your position. Repeat this exercise about 5 to 10 times. This helps relax the muscles in your eyes.
6) Distance eyes from screens - If you work on the computer, make sure there is enough distance between the screen and your eyes. Sit at least 22-28 inches away from the screen. The same applies while using smartphones and tablets. Do not view the screen from too close. Viewing the screen from too near as well as from too far; can increase the strain in your eyes.
7) Give them a break - People who work on the computer all day should ensure that they rest their eyes after regular intervals. Look in a long distance every few minutes.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.