Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Balkrishan Nanda
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Balkrishan NandaYour feedback matters!
Schizophrenia is a mental illness characterized by disordered thinking, delusions (fixed beliefs that are odd or highly unusual), and hallucinations (hearing sounds and seeing things that don’t exist for others). One of western medical opinion has found that there is chemical balance in the brains of schizophrenics is different from that of people without schizophrenia (CHEMICAL IMBALANCE). Cupping therapy on the back is mainly directed to the central line (spinal nerves and parasympathetic nerves) and the sympathetic nerves beside it and cupping centre on head may be have results in chemical balance.
General and localized effects of this therapy strengthen the healing power against disease and, together with a healthy diet and psychotherapy, cure or prevent disease completely.
Here i am not saying to give any promise, its just my observation on some suffering patients and results. As schizophrenia may have multiple causes behind the sufferer so can be treated according to cause and with others medication too. But my view in such cases is that symptoms treatment should be given preference compare to cause.
Hello. I have my period due on 24th but till now my period not came. And I am married. We are planning for kids. I have done home pregnancy test two times but I got it negative. What should I do now please help me out. We have done thyroid test nd pcod also they are normal. What should I do now even I am getting any symptoms.
I am 32 years old. And I am married from last 2 years and 6 months. Last year I got miscarriage. And now we're trying from last two months but no result found. Kindly suggest me something to conceive a baby.
I am 24 year old female I have irregular mensuration cycles from last september my periods got extended up to one month which led to weakness and stress with heavy bleeding. I have done my lower abdominal sonography last year october and all things are absolutely normal kindly give me valuable suggestions and solutions. Thank you.
Hello doctor, in 8th month of pregnancy for constipation which medicine is useful in a tablet form .Please tell.
My period is delayed this month .it was suppose to come on 14th but it still didn't came .I am not pregnant.
My wife is not getting her periods as her periods have been delayed already by 5 days. What's the matter? We're so much worried. Pregnancy test is negative. What to do now.
Most medications are used because of their one particular therapeutic effect. However, invariably, they affect other organs or systems and produce some good and some adverse effects. The same happens with birth control pills (BCPs), which are the most commonly used method of contraception. It is also the most effective method. It contains the female hormones estrogen and progesterone in various combinations and these have an effect on various body functions, so it should come as a surprise that regular use of BCPs leads to a number of side effects.
Read on to know more
- Intermenstrual bleeding: This is the most common side effect and occurs in about 90% of the women, but usually subsides within 3 months. They experience bleeding between their regular periods. While mere spotting can be ignored, bleeding for more than 4 to 5 days needs a visit to the doctor.
- Missed period: It is very essential to take the pill at the same time daily. Sometimes, a period might be missed or may be very light and this should be reported.
- Effect on libido: While some report a decrease in libido, there are others who experience an increased sex drive. This depends on the individual and not consistent.
- Vaginal discharge: The amount and type of discharge can change when on the pill. Decreased lubrication may lead to a reduced sex drive, as it might be painful. If the discharge is foul-smelling or looks suspicious for an infection, then a doctor should be consulted.
- Mood changes: Changes in mood and prominent mood swings are very common in women using contraceptives, with many feeling depressed often.
- Effects on breasts: While it is not yet proven if they increase the risk of breast cancer, most women experience breast enlargement, tenderness, and sometimes pain. This is more common in between their periods.
- Headaches and migraine: BCPs are also proven to have worsening effects on migraine and headaches.
- Circulatory effects: Oral contraceptives increase the chances of heart attack and stroke, especially in women who are over 35 and are smokers. Most women experience a slight increase in blood pressure and are more prone to form blood clots. It is essential that contraceptives are used under medical guidance only.
- Digestive effects: Oral contraceptives can cause loss of appetite, changes in body weight, diarrhea, and nausea. The weight gain is also attributed to increased fluid retention, especially in the hip and breast areas.
- Skin: Some women may experience skin rashes and acne and sometimes hair loss due to the increased level of hormones in circulation.
It is very important that the pill is taken at the same time for best results. Any suspicious symptom should be immediately reported to the doctor.