Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B.Satyanand ShastriYour feedback matters!
From past one year I'm drinking beer and the effect of it is seen on my face as it's much heavier and wider than before, plzz suggest me how to make my face free from fat and make it very thin?
I hv so many scare marks n black heads on my face. N my skin getting so loose. please suggest me what can I do.
Hi, My. 3.5 years daughter has a pigmented skin around neck area which is getting darkened. She has eczema from birth but has got reduced. But there is overall darkening of the skin in last one year and neck is heavily pigmented and darkened. Pls advice.
My age is 23 ans I have self harm scars i. E cut marks on my arm since 6 years ago please suggest me some treatment for it?
I have rashes. What should I do to reduce them? Can it be reduced completely? I am suffering a lot with that.
I want bakson lip balm but I didn't get it any medical store can you pls help me to find out it. Where I goo?
Hi, I am having sharp pain in anal while passing motion. I am mother for 2 months old boy. Please suggest me.
I have white rounds on my face and neck, the white rounds disappear from one place and then appears on any other place in the face, how can it be cured, Is there any common medicine for that?
Hyperpigmentation is a skin condition characterized by dark patches, occurring mainly due to excessive melanin (a skin pigment) production. This form of skin condition is not specific to any particular age group or category of people, but it is more commonly observed among people of Mediterranean, Asian, Latin, or African origin. Also, any part of your body including hands, face and neck can be affected by this condition.
Here are some of the most common factors that can cause skin hyperpigmentation.
- Sun exposure: If your skin is exposed to sunlight for a long period of time, it can result in hyperpigmentation. It happens due to the inflammation of the skin caused by the action of UV rays present in sunlight. This skin inflammation plays a significant role in activating melanocytes (skin cells that generate melanin), giving you dark patches of skin.
- Hormonal changes: Triggered by the consumption of a pill or pregnancy, hormonal changes in your body are also responsible for stimulating growth of melanin. This disturbance in the chemical balance of your body causes hyperpigmentation in the form of ‘melasma’ (a common skin condition characterised by grey-brown patches on skin surface).
- Specific drugs: Sometimes hyperpigmentation is drug-induced and happens due to the effect of certain medications like antibiotics, anti-seizure drugs, Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) and hormone treatments. This mainly happens due to the reaction of these drugs with melanin resulting in the formation of a drug-pigment complex that leaves dark patches on the skin.
- Heredity: In some cases, you can get hyperpigmentation if you have a prevailing family history of the disease. This skin condition is sometimes carried by the genes onto the next generation.
- Acne: It often happens that acne leaves back scars in the form of dark spots after healing. These dark spots are most commonly termed as Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (PIH). They occur as your skin produces excessive melanin in response to the skin infection.
- Excessive use of chemical products: Exposing your skin to harsh chemicals, present mostly in chemical products like hair removing creams, wax etc. can result in skin inflammation resulting in Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.