Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B.S.Avasthi
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B.S.AvasthiYour feedback matters!
Sir my daughter 1 year 3 month old. Went for vaccine. But mistakely I forget my immunisation record of card at my home. The doctor given the vaccine to my doctor of chickenpox. But when I returned home. As per card my vaccine was mmr1. Is chicken pox and mmr are same. Or I have to go for mmr1 vaccine again. Please confirm me. I m in doubt.
My daughter is 2 years 4 months old. She has stopped feeding during day. However i'm not able to wean off her during night. She sleeps with feeding and wakes up 2-3 times in night. She is eating food properly. Please help me regarding this.
My daughter is complaining about stomach pain for last two days. This is intermittent. She is 6 years.
On 5.10.16, we shifts with our baby just 8 months old child from our native village to New Delhi who was feeding cow and mother's milk there. Now we have changed to buffalo milk in Delhi. Today he start vomiting two or three times. Suggest us. Thanks n Regards.
My 9 months old baby is suffering from fever since 2 days, one day I given fepanil but she has high fever 103.8 so I started metal p. After giving medicine in a hour temperature is reducing and ll be OK for 4 hrs. But still fever is there and I am out of station from my city. Here there is no good doctors. In fever she will be dull but once temperature come down she starts playing and very active too but in fever she'll be dull.
Fever is returning in every 4 hrs for my 17 months old baby . We have been giving him ibugesic plus . Kindly advise asap.
My baby is 8 months old, he passes stools 4 times a day, sometimes 5 times from past 2 months, in his stool routine test 6-7 pus cells and entameoba histolytica cyst is found and e.coli infection is there, so doctor gave metrogyl and gentamicin injections for 7 days along with zinc and pro biotic, while taking the medicine and after completing the medicine also no change in him, I am so much worried, is it serious problem, please help me doctors.
She don't eat any thing and wants to sleep all time and wants that no one disturb her and she likes to live lone.
While siblings are the force that breathes life into any family structure, it has also been seen as a challenge of sorts to manage siblings and bring out the best in each one of them. In any family unit, there are a number of entities who need to be nurtured in a certain way to ensure that their identities are not hampered by a "one size fits all" style of parenting. Every child is different and will need to be handled differently. Besides this, there are other related challenges that will contribute to the quality of the relationships between the siblings, as well as the rivalry that they may feel towards each other when it comes to attention, achievements and varied other factors.
Read on to know the ten tips to tackle sibling rivalry:
- Make Friends before Birth: encourage your first born to connect even before the birth of the new baby by including him or her in the changes you see and feel. Planning for the new baby with your first born will also help in such cases.
- Staying positive is a big factor that will help the children in feeling confident despite their different qualities and strengths.
- Comparison is a big no no. Stay away from these kind of comparisons so that the children do not feel like they have to fight with each other for your praise.
- Time Sharing: Ensure that you divide your time well and indulge each child in his or her area of interest so that they feel like you are always there for each of them.
- Harmonious Start to the day: this will ensure that the children have a special bond at the end of the day. Make sure that they help each other and divide chores accordingly. The older siblings should be given the care giving tasks while the younger ones should be taught to obey them and play along.
- Humour them: It is a known fact that humour is the best medicine that breaks even the most tension filled atmosphere.
- Family Meetings: Hold family meetings to discuss important things and even intense fights so that everyone's needs and issues are addressed.
- Empathy: Teaching your child to empathize with others will help him or her steer clear of needless rivalry at home too.
- Ignore the Small: Let them figure out the smaller fights, yet always be there to address the bigger issues so that they know you are there for them.
- Equal Treatment: Treating them equally does not mean doing the same thing for each of them. It means giving them equal time and attention with personalized treatment to suit varied temperaments. This will also give them a lot of individual confidence which eventually kills any feelings of rivalry.