Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B.S.AvasthiYour feedback matters!
Baby 17 days ka hai. Premechure baby 34 week ka hai. Problem ye hai ke ek to weight kam hai. Dusra mother feed nhi karwa pa rahi kyuki nippal ander hai. Use lectojan de rahe hai katori chhamach se. Baby jaisa janam ke samay that. Waise he dikhta hai. Weight badane ke liye kya kare. Cow ka milk de sakte hai kya. Hindi me answer de.
My baby is 5 and half months old. He is having green hard stool since couple of days. But seems normal, his diet is normal n he is. playful. His diet include breastfeeding, lactogene formula 1 n some liquid form like apple juice banana mixed with lactogene and rice and tur dal water. Is this normal having green stool? Or what would be the reason for this?
10 Tips to Maintain Healthy Teeth :
“Be true to your teeth, they won’t be false to you.”
- Brushing :
- Brush your teeth twice a day.
- Night brushing is very important, because during sleep our mouth is at rest so there are more chances of accumulation of bacteria which cause further cavities and leads to disturbance in the oral cavity.
- Follow a proper brushing technique.
2. Use a good fluoridated toothpaste with a right toothbrush. Toothpaste should have 1000ppm of fluoride and toothbrush should have a small and narrow head with soft bristles.
3. Flossing :
- Flossing helps to remove food stuck in between your teeth.
- It can be done daily or 2-3 times a week.
- Waxed dental flosses available in market are of Oral B, Colgate.
4. Interdental Brush:
- If the spaces between the teeth are wide, you can use an interdental brush.
5. Oral Irrigation:
- Now-a-days, a new dental aid is added which helps to clean the teeth, interdental areas, inside the gums and below the crowns more easily.
- It is also known as dental “Water flosser” or “Oral irrigator” available in brands like waterpik, panasonic etc.
6. Drink plenty of water and rinse after every meal.
7. Clean your tongue surface daily.
8. Pit and Fissure Sealants:
- The grinding teeth in a person mouth erupt at 12-16 years of age. They have deep grooves and pits in which food gets stuck. A Sealant is applied to these teeth which makes the grooves shallow and prevents food and bacteria from getting into the teeth and causing decay
9 .Whitening - Home Remedies :
- Add a pinch of baking soda in drinking water and rinse twice a day.
- Consume strawberries once a day or crushed strawberries applied to teeth helps as teeth whitener.
10.Visit your dentist every 6 months and get your scaling (cleaning) and polishing done.
Dr. Puja Bansal - Prudent International Health Clinic, Kalyani nagar, Pune.
Hi I have a baby of 2 years. She recently left the mother feed. My wife breast has became loose. Is there any cream or oil or any solution to get it in better shape with proper tight Ness. She is 26 years only. Kindly suggest.
My son age is 3 year and his healthy is ok by god but I want question for what I give to him for food like. Please suggestion me any strong powder is to add to milk.
Hridya (aged 6 months) had fallen off the bed yesterday and is acting perfectly normal till now. Kindly advice what symptoms should be checked for any internal injuries/damages.
Blog by Dr. Ratnika agarwal, dental surgeon/owner of smile up dental care implant center, pune
Advancing age puts many seniors at risk for a number of oral health problems, such as:
Darkened teeth. Caused, to some extent, by changes in dentin -- the bone-like tissue that underlies the tooth enamel -- and by a lifetime of consuming stain-causing foods beverages.
Dry mouth. It is caused by reduced saliva flow, which can be a result of cancer treatments as well as certain diseases medication side effects. Many medicines can cause dry mouth.
Diminished sense of taste. While advancing age impairs the sense of taste, diseases, medications, dentures can also contribute to this sensory loss.
Root decay. This is caused by exposure of the tooth root to decay-causing acids.
Gum disease. Caused by plaque made worse by food left in teeth, use of tobacco products, poor-fitting bridges and dentures, poor diets, and certain diseases, such as anemia, cancer, and diabetes, this is often a problem for older adults.
Tooth loss. Gum disease is a leading cause of tooth loss.
Uneven jawbone. This is caused by tooth then not replacing missing teeth. This allows the rest of the teeth to drift and shift into open spaces
Denture-induced stomatitis. Ill-fitting dentures, poor dental hygiene, or a buildup of the fungus candida cause this condition, which is inflammation of the tissue underlying a denture.
Thrush. Diseases or drugs that affect the immune system can trigger the overgrowth of the fungus candida in mouth
Age in and of itself is not a dominant or sole factor in determining oral health. However, certain medical conditions, such as arthritis in the hands and fingers, may make brushing or flossing teeth difficult to impossible to perform. Drugs can also affect oral health and may make a change in your dental treatment necessary.
Oral hygiene tips for seniors:
Daily brushing flossing of natural teeth is essential to keeping them in good oral health. Plaque can build up quickly on the teeth of seniors, especially if oral hygiene is neglected, &amp; lead to tooth decay and gum disease.
To maintain good oral health, it's important for all individuals -- regardless of age -- to:
Brush at least twice a day with a fluoride-containing toothpaste
Floss at least once a day
Rinse with an antiseptic mouthwash once or twice a day
Visit our team of experience dentist at smile up dental care implant center on a regular schedule for cleaning an oral exam. We will be very happy to serve you.
What seniors can expect during a dental exam
If you're a senior headed for a check up, our dentistry team will conduct a thorough history dental exam to provide you with the best solutions to resolve the problems from its root cause. Questions asked during a dental history will include:
The approximate date of your last dental visit and reason for the visit
If you have noticed any recent changes in your mouth
If you have noticed any loose or sensitive teeth
If you have noticed any difficulty tasting, chewing, or swallowing
If you have any pain, discomfort, sores, or bleeding in your mouth
If you have noticed any lumps, bumps, or swellings in your mouth
During an oral exam, our experience team of dentists will check the following: your face &amp; neck (for skin discoloration, moles, sores); your bite (for any problems in how the teeth come together while opening closing your mouth); your jaw (for signs of clicking and popping in the temporomandibular joint); your lymph nodes salivary glands (for any sign of swelling or lumps); your inner cheeks (for infections, ulcers, traumatic injuries); your tongue and other interior surfaces -- floor of the mouth, soft and hard palate, gum tissue (for signs of infection or oral cancer); and your teeth (for decay, condition of fillings, and cracks).
If you wear dentures or other appliances, our dentist team will ask a few questions about when you wear your dentures and when you take them out (if removable). He or she will also look for any irritation or problems in the areas in the mouth that the appliance touches, and examine the denture or appliance itself (looking for any worn or broken areas).
Please call our team on 8237802848 / 020-27041188 or visit Dr. Ratnika agarwal at smile up dental care implant center, pune today and get your elders dental check-up today! we provide dental solutions for all age groups.
My daughter is 4 years old. Tomorrow night she fell down and her lips got cut by teeth and her nose was bleeding. Please help me.
Causes of Eczema:
The specific cause of eczema remains unknown, but it is believed to develop due to a combination of hereditary (genetic) and environmental factors.
Children are more likely to develop eczema if a parent has had it or another atopic disease. If both parents have an atopic disease, the chances increase further.
Environmental factors are also known to bring out the symptoms of eczema. These include:
- Irritants - soaps, detergents, shampoos, disinfectants, juices from fresh fruits, meats, or vegetables
- Allergens - dust mites, pets, pollens, mold, dandruff
- Microbes - bacteria such as Staphylococcus aureus,viruses, certain fungi
- Hot and cold temperatures - hot weather, high and low humidity, perspiration from exercise
- Foods - dairy products, eggs, nuts and seeds, soy products, wheat
- Stress - it is not a cause of eczema but can make symptoms worse
- Hormones - women can experience worsening of eczema symptoms at times when their hormone levels are changing, for example during pregnancy and at certain points in their menstrual cycle.