Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B. N. Dhabhar
Submit a review for Dr. B. N. DhabharYour feedback matters!
We have mouth cancer over for two days. What should do we? We have headache over for four days. What should do we?
What is cervical lymphadenopathy with cervical changes? Neck sonography shows: There is enlarged hypoechoic necrotic lymph node of size 13*9 mm in right supraclavicular region. Few necrotic and non necrotic subcentimetric left level 4 lymph nodes are also noted. What does this sonography result mean?
My sister diagnosed as a breast cancer patient. She under gone PET SCAN. Its result is- Elavated metabolic activity in multiple irregular enhancing lesions in the left breast, multifocal primary. Metabolically active thickening of the overlying skin and nipple areola complex,? involvement. Tiny soft tissue nodules in the subcutaneous tissues adjacent to the left breast, deposits. 2. Metabolically active enhancing soft tissue deposits on the left pectoral muscles, deposits. 3. Multiple metabolically active lymph nodes as described (left axillary, cervical, supraclavicular and mediastinal), metastases. 4. Metabolically active focal lesion in the segment VIII of liver as described, metastases. 5. No other site of elevated metabolic activity elsewhere in the body. Now what is her stage of CA? Whether she has to take chemo first or do the surgery first?
I am a 20 year old girl. I suffered nasopharynx carcinoma due to which I had to undergo chemo and radiation. As a side effect of which my salivary glands are damaged. Saliva production is minimum. Please suggest me ways to boost my saliva.
How can one check if they have breast cancer or not? What are the symptoms? Could you please explain it in detail?
I feel urge for urinating just after passing urine. And again few drops comes. It happens 3-4 times even after passing full urine. I feel that bladder is not completely empty. Its irritating to go to loo again n again. Specially in night. I drink a lot of water during day n night. Please suggest some home remedies n medicines. I went for sonography. Prostate is little enlarged but not significant. urologist told its not so serious and did not prescribed any medicine. Thanks.
We were informed that for AML type M-4 there is no much advancement for the past 30 years. Is it true? Chemotherapy was given and the patient is stable and healthy now. Can we feel safe for about 5 years with regular check ups. The patient is 55 years old and does not have other problems such as BP, Sugar etc.
Sir ek breast se kam breastfeeding hona ya bilkul bhi na hona kya breast cancer ka risk badati hai aur kya breast injury ki bajay se breastfeeding kam ho jaati hai meri wife ko left breast me 2 month pahle injury ho gayi thi aur blood discharge bhi hua tha but ab jab bo left breast ko apne hath se thoda tej dabati to right breast ki tulna me kam milk nikalta hai sir mujhe bahut chinta hai ki kahi future me unke left breast ki injury carcinoma me na badal jay jabki vo 5 month ki pregnant hai aur ye unki first pregnancy hai meri shadi 5 june 2015 ko hue thi immediately advice de.
I have a symptoms of ovarian cancer, but I am not sure, that it's cancer or what? Can you tell me the test? For being sure about this.
I am 68 years, since last 5 yrs i am on Veltum o.4 for prostate, doing ps report at ever 2 yrs. Prostate glans is increasing. At present i do not have any problem, but when i should for operative procedure ?
What are the symptoms of lungs infection or cancer? Is there any medicine to quit smoking or any alternative way to quit smoking?
The Pap Smear Test or the Pap Test is a screening test for cervical cancer. This test helps in detecting the possible growth and presence of precancerous as well as cancerous cells within the cervix - the opening of the uterus. This test was named after the doctor who discovered its use when it comes to detecting the signs of the early onset of this kind of cancer.
Let us find out more about the Pap Smear Test:
- Reasons: The main reason behind getting a Pap Smear Test done on a regular basis is to rule out any risk or sign of cervical cancer. Also, it can help in detecting the 40 sexually transmitted viruses that may be lurking around in your system. It is a fact that genital warts are born from the presence of the Human Papillomavirus or HPV which can be of 100 different types - out of which 40 lead to STDs. These STDs can be the start point of cervical cancer.
- HPV and the Pap Smear test: The Pap Smear Test may not be able to detect the exact kind of virus, but it can easily detect any cellular growth and changes that may be caused due to the virus. This helps in homing on to the risk or the beginning of cancer. In case this is detected, then the treatment can start before the problem becomes too difficult to manage.
- Candidates: The perfect candidates for the Pap Smear Test include women who have crossed the age of 21 years or above. Also, women who have a weak immune system due to the presence of the HIV virus also need to get this test done regularly as they are prone to risk of contracting cancer and infections, more than others. Once a woman over 30 years of age has had three normal Pap Smear readings in a row, she can ask her doctor to schedule her for a Pap Smear Test once in five years.
- Preparation: To begin with, you must ensure that you are not menstruating on the day of the test, in which case it will have to be rescheduled. Avoid having sex at least a few nights before the test as well.
- Procedure: The procedure for the test is pretty quick, but a little uncomfortable. The doctor will ask you to lie down before putting your legs up in stirrups and then insert a speculum into the vagina so as to extract sample cells for testing. The scraping action may cause mild pain later.
Get in touch with your doctor about getting regular Pap Smears to rule out the possibility of cervical cancer.
My husband was detected kidney cancer and his one kidney was taken out last week, please suggest me diet and what care should be taken.
I have tumor on beside of knee since 6-7 years. It is benign tumors. Sometimes it had been grown, and painful. After some days it come back to normal size and painless. In later stage it can be malignant or not? It it dangerous to me? Please give me your opinion.
Soy protein has been used from past two decades as ingredients for its functional properties in a variety of foods such as salad dressings, soups, vegetarian foods and meat imitations. Its functional properties are emulsification and texturizing. Recently the popularity of soy protein is increasing, mainly because of its health benefits. It has been proven that soy protein can help to prevent heart problems and many countries allow health claims for food, which are rich in soy protein.
Soy contains protein, isoflavones, and fiber, all thought to provide health benefits. Soy is an excellent source of dietary protein, including all essential amino acids. Soy is also a source of lecithin or phospholipid. Soy isoflavones and lecithin have been studied scientifically for numerous health conditions. Isoflavones such as genistein are believed to have estrogen-like effects in the body, and as a result are sometimes called "phytoestrogens"
Common sources of soy isoflavones include roasted soybean, green soybean, soy flour, soy butter, soy nut butter, soy ice cream, soy milk, soy yogurt, soy noodles etc. Soy protein has also been investigated for benefit in terms of heart disease risk factors, reducing menopausal symptoms, weight loss, arthritis, brain function, and exercise performance.
Dietary soy may decrease the risk of breast cancer in women and prostate cancer in men, as well as other types of cancers. In general, the supportive evidence for use of phytoestrogens as treatments for menopause, heart disease, bone disease, weight loss, and cancer is limited. The use of soy formula has been investigated in the treatment of diarrhea in infants and is an effective and safe alternative to cow's milk formula in most infants.
One of my relative recently developed a wart/mole kind of thing in her lower lip, though it was not hurting her, we consulted a doctor and she was advised to get it removed by a small surgery. When I asked the doctor out of curiosity, I came to know that it was a papilloma tumour or so. Could you please advise more on this. Can this also lead to other medical conditions/cancers. Etc. What should be the next course of action.
I found to have a small ball -like structure in my breast. IS IT A SYMPTOMS OF BREAST CANCER? PLEASE ANSWER as soon as possible.
The prostate is a small gland positioned around the urethra and is responsible for creating the fluid to be ejaculated that contains semen. Commonly described as the shape and size of a walnut, the prostate has many important functions within the male reproductive system. Reports of cancer of this organ have become very frequent. Ayurveda has very effective treatments that not only stop the spread of the cancer,, but can actually cause partial or full remission.
Some Ayurvedic treatments for Prostate cancer:
- Haritaki and Terminalia Chebula: When mixed with honey and ghee, this medication is known to be very effective in treating anemia. However, it is also very effective in fighting tumors and cancer cells and thus is both a supplement to the body as well as fighter of illnesses.
- Amalaki or Emblica Officinalis: One of the most used and go to remedies within Ayurveda is amalaki which is frequently used to cure digestive problems. It is also an antioxidant and quickly drains out free radicals from within the body. This helps in cancer treatment, immunity boosting and improving metabolism.
- Vibhitaki or Terminalia Belerica: This is an excellent medication, which is very beneficial in purifying blood and removing toxins from the body. It is very good in increasing red blood cell count, which is very important when the body is fighting any form of cancer. Thus it is effective in the case of prostate cancer as well.
- Guduchi or Giloy: This medication is very good to fight calcium deficiency and is very effective at fighting infections as well. This is necessary to ensure that the body is protected while it is fighting the cancerous cells.
- Curcumin or Curcuma Longa: This is one of the wonder drugs being touted around as the next big thing in fighting cancer. Curcumin is the primary chemical in turmeric and is known to be very effective in the prevention of growth and spread of cancer cells.
- Punarnava or Boerhavia Diffusa: This is a great medication, which helps improve blood flow to and from the kidneys and also helps in increasing the count of red blood cells. All these properties make this particular species of flowering plant an absolute master when it comes to preventing prostate cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.