Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B J Jain
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. B J JainYour feedback matters!
Iam 22 old male iam suffering from gastric problem symptoms left shoulder near heart pain. Pain relief with in seconds. And repeated yawing and fatigue. What is problem? Iam already consult the doctors all test performed but no problem in heart (ecg, urine test, heart scan, blood test all test normal) again repeat the problem why? Iam follow the diet no bad habits? This is danger problem or not? Please tell me know.
How to increase HDL natural way (Food and Exercise etc) .as my LDL levels are in control. Am not taking any medicine for cholesterol.
While getting up from bed my left chest pains, during sneezing also its paining for a moment. May I what is the reason? My age is 25.
The word acute coronary syndrome refers to a group of symptoms that are caused by blockage of the blood flow to the heart muscles. The most common result of this is myocardial infarction or heart attack as it is popularly called. Reduced blood flow leads to death of some portion of the heart muscle wall. While the word heart attack sounds almost fatal, it need not be the case. Knowing how to identify an attack and being aware of some simple measures can help save lives.
The tell tale signs of a heart attack are as follows:
- Chest pain and discomfort usually described as a tightness or burning in the chest region
- Pain along the left side of the shoulder and neck, going up into the jaw, down to the arm
- Nausea and vomiting
- Profuse sweating
- Difficulty breathing
- Dizzy or fuzzy feeling
- Tired, extreme fatigue
- Anxious, apprehensive feeling
However, be also aware that there are a lot of people who experience a silent heart attack. Women, obese, elderly, and diabetic patients can have silent attacks and depending on severity, either they go on with life as usual or can have a fatal attack.
Once you are doubtful of a heart attack, the next step is to reach the closest medical facility for a diagnosis. In addition to a detailed examination and history, the following two tests will be performed.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG): A 12-lead ECG will measure electrical activity of the heart and identify irregular electrical activity, which is indicative of a myocardial infarction.
- Blood tests: Presence of certain enzymes in the blood, CK-MB and troponin are indicative of a heart attack. A complete electrolyte profile also will be done, and increase or decrease of some electrolytes is helpful in diagnosing a heart attack.
- In addition to these two, chest radiography, cardiac angiography, echocardiogram, stress test, and computed coronary tomography may also be required to confirm the diagnosis.
Once diagnosed, the first step would be to relieve the symptoms, negate the effects of reduced blood flow, and restore cardiac function.
- Dissolve the clot: Using thrombolytics like clopidogrel
- Nitroglycerin: To dilate the blood vessels and improve blood flow, especially to the heart muscles
- Anticoagulant therapy: Blood thinners are usually used to avoid blood clot formation; aspirin and heparin are the most commonly used agents.
- Drug therapy: Blood pressure maintaining drugs like beta blockers and/or angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors are also used
- Use of Statins: Statins are used to reduce the amount of cholesterol in the blood and stabilize plaque deposits.
In very severe cases, angioplasty and stenting or coronary bypass surgery may be required. Educating people on how to identify a heart attack and manage it is very useful and can help save lives.
I am 43 years old, female. I have fatty liver and ischemic heart problem and high cholesterol. I take regular ceruvin 75 What food is perfect for me?
My mother is suffering from a low bp problems and stomach pain everyday. So please help me in this problem. Thanks.
I am 40 years old working women having diabetes, blood pressure and is suffering from hasimoto thyroiditis, where my hair is falling day by day heavily, eyesight is going blur, heart palpitates, can you suggest me good food intake for these type of problems.
I am 30 years male. How to control high blood pressure. Please suggest some best practices to reduce blood pressure. I will be thank full.
Hi This is ajay, I have dry cough and cold with body pains. I have done tests also for that, in report normal as came. Could you please give solution for curing my problem. Thank You.
Omega 3 pills
If you have a heart disease, high cholesterol or a family history of heart problems, then you need to increase your intake of foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
These healthy fatty acids help lower triglycerides (fats in the blood) and prevent angina. Plus, due to their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, omega-3 fats have a profound effect on heart health.