Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AviwalaYour feedback matters!
I took first i-pill after unprotected sex ,and 2nd after 60-70 hours. .What can be the side effects?
Hi. Am just married and in first night I have inserted my finger to my wife but there was blood. Is this normal? Should I consult doc?
I am 21 years old female and from past three months. I have been getting a slight pain in the lower right side abdomen it pains for like 10-15 mins and goes away. No vomit or nausea or anything of that sort only that pain. It comes once in a month kind or two weeks once only n goes off in 10 mins. My periods are regular. What could be the case?
Hello Doc! Is it safe to have sex during 5th month of pregnancy? People around me tell me that one should have sex during pregnancy to get normal delivery is that true?
My question is I had sex before 5 days. After that I feel a burning sensation in my vagina. please help me out from this problem. Is this any serious issue.
Hi doc i'm 25 years female. I had intercourse with my boyfriend almost 3 years ago. Now recently once had 7 months before the activity took place. My question is this after my marriage is my husband to be would know anything about it? Or is their any possibility to hide/remove the past mistakes.
I'm bleeding slightly after having unprotected and I'm wondering if it's my chums which isn't possible because last month I had it from 23-27th. Also we had it after 14 days of my last day. Do I need to get myself checked?
I had a sexual intercourse with my gf. I have a doubt dat my sperms had entered into her and now almost 1 month has over her periods have not occurred. please help. Me and please suggest me something.
I am 24 year's Old I am 8 month pregnant mam mere pet k right Side niche m hamesha dard rhta h or kuch dino se yoni k haddi m bhi dard rhta h uthne baithne sone m kafi pareshani hoti h Doctor bolti h it's normal bt I dnt think so unne kuch dwai di usse yoni ka drd thk h bt pet k right side ka drd shi n hua plzz Help mjhe kya krna chaiya.
Is it a type of problem if a girl does not have her mensuration date and her period starts anytime without a proper gap.
I was having monthly regularly on time bt this month I have been masturbating frequently but my periods date has already passed till now periods has not done till now please tell me what should I do now any problem.
I have a problem of recurrent UTI. Now i am 11 weeks pregnant and have just recovered from the one few days back but still i feel some kind of irritation in the vagina after urinating and even a wired smell. My dr prescribed me with a course of 10 days of antibiotics. The burning sensation while urination has gone but the irritation still persists. Now what should i do? will it effect my baby's growth?
Are you experiencing high blood pressure or hypertension during pregnancy? Hypertension is a condition in which your blood pressure levels shoot up to a level, which may cause damage to the body. In case of pregnant women, hypertension may inflict damage on both the mother and the growing baby. You require a special care for dealing with hypertension during pregnancy, irrespective of the fact whether it develops before or after conception. Here are some important facts you ought to know about hypertension and pregnancy.
There are different types of high blood pressure issues caused during pregnancy.
- Gestational hypertension: Women with this form of hypertension have high blood pressure, which develops around 20 weeks of pregnancy. There is no sign of organ damage or the presence of protein in urine. Many women with gestational hypertension develop preeclampsia eventually.
- Chronic hypertension: Chronic hypertension is the high blood pressure condition which is present before pregnancy or it may occur before 20 weeks of pregnancy. It is hard to determine high blood pressure as it does not have prominent symptoms.
- Chronic hypertension with superimposed preeclampsia: This condition is likely in women with chronic blood pressure being present from before pregnancy. During pregnancy, women with this condition develop worsened high blood pressure and protein content in the urine. Other health complications are also indicated.
- Preeclampsia: This is a pregnancy complication featured by high blood pressure along with signs of damage to other organs of the body. This happens from chronic high blood pressure and gestational hypertension. It usually sets in within 20 weeks of pregnancy. If untreated, preeclampsia can lead to several serious complications to the mother and the baby.
Risks of high blood pressure during pregnancy
High pressure during pregnancy is associated with several risks. They are as follows:
- Decreased flow of blood to the placenta: When the placenta does not receive sufficient blood, your baby will be deprived of enough oxygen and nutrients. This might cause slow growth, premature birth or low birth weight in your baby. Prematurity also causes breathing trouble in the baby.
- Placental abruption: Preeclampsia increases the risk of placental abruption, where the placenta gets separated from the inner uterine wall before delivery. Severe cases of placental abruption lead to placenta damage and heavy bleeding.
- Premature delivery: In some cases, early delivery of the baby has to be carried out for preventing some life threatening conditions.
For reducing the risk of complications caused by hypertension during pregnancy, it is important for you to consult a doctor regularly throughout pregnancy. You should take blood pressure medicines prescribed by a doctor in the most suitable dosage. You should also stay active, follow a healthy low sodium diet and stay away from smoking, alcohol and substance abuse.
My girlfriend is due to get her periods but she is not getting them. We did not have sexual intercourse however she has pain in her abdomen. We did a pregnancy test for safety it turned to be negative what is to be done now by her to expect her periods is there any tablet by which shr can get her periods?
Tongue cleaning is as important as brushing and flossing. Use of a proper tongue scraper every morning will remove tongue plaque and freshen your breath.