Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Athish
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AthishYour feedback matters!
My grand daughter is 4 months old, she rejects breast feeding for last 10 days (nursing strike), kindly what can be the reason, what's the remedy?
She is just of 1 month old baby now has something constipation like problem from 3-4 days. please suggest what to do.?
My son is 8 yrs old and he is thin every month he is suffering from cold and fever I consult pediatrician he recommend pediasure for him. I m giving him from 2 yrs he is so active and less fell ill but still he is thin may be I m not giving him right dose of milk or pediasure. Kindly suggest me some healthy tips for him and also quantity of milk and pediasure and how many times in a day he has to drink.
Problem may be in assimilation.
Homoeopatic treatment is one of best solution for that.
How many times a nebulizer is given to a baby in a single day that can not affect the health of a baby?
My child is 2 year 10 month, he still speaks two letter words only and is unable to form sentence. Though he says 1-10 ,abcd phonetic, colours name, however I noticed that he says few words in backwards spell. Like Paani, he says pain, for sheep he says peesh, for okay he says KO .I keep correcting him. Also I found that unknowgly he pronounce the correct word but if I ask what is this he says in backwards direction. This is not with all words only few words spl which include "pa" in it.
My daughter age is 18 month And 05 days. When his age is 6 and half months than we find that she is suffering from Iron deficiency Anemia. That time hemoglobin level is 6.5% and that time required blood transfusion. After that when she admitted in hospital that time Hemoglobin level is 10.38% and at presently we take some test. At present Hemoglobin % is 12.20 and LDH level 597U/L and S. Ferritin level is 63.8 ng/ml and we also taken HB ELECTROPHORESIS and result is HB A- 96.5%, HB A2-2.3% and HB F -1.2%. On dated 01/0/2016 HB% becomes down 10.20% RBC-4.18% and some times we give her nebulizer. Most of the time Runny nose itchy eye and regular cold and fever problem. Now I want to know the above report result mean. Can you tell me please? On the other hand last 4 months his weight is constant at 9 kg. How we can gain weight my baby. We are worry about that.
Hi. My kids are twins. Their birth weight is 2.25 kg & 2.75 kg. Now they are 4 years .they look very thin. Can I get a diet chart to make them chubby.
Diarrhea is a disorder that affects people of all age groups. Medically speaking, Diarrhea is a mechanism that the body uses to eliminate germs from the body. Usually this disorder lasts for a few days to a week. It is usually accompanied by nausea, fever and dehydration.
Children can be affected by diarrhea in a number of ways, some of them are:
- Infections: Various infections, such as the ones caused by rotavirus and salmonella bacteria can lead to diarrhea. Usually diarrhea in children is caused by viruses; if it is viral in nature, then it can also cause stomach cramps, headache and vomiting. It also leads to loss of fluid from the body. Hence, the child's fluid intake should be compensated accordingly. Usually oral rehydration solution that contains nutrient such as potassium and sodium are preferred.
- Medications: Intake of certain medications, such as antibiotics and laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the cause is due to antibiotic intake, then you should consult a doctor. The doctor may alter the dosage or ask to increase the child's water intake. Yoghurt may also help ease the symptoms of diarrhea if it is caused by antibiotics.
- Food poisoning: Diarrhea may also result from food poisoning; symptoms of this type usually disappear quickly. Along with loose and watery stools, the child may vomit frequently.
The major complication that results from diarrhea is dehydration. Severe dehydration may lead to severe brain damage and seizures. It may also cause symptoms of dry mouth, fatigue, dizziness and dark yellow urine.
Certain preventive measures are:
- Use your good judgment while eating outside. Do not consume food from places which use unhygienic modes of preparation.
- Make sure your child does not drink contaminated water and there is access to clean and filtered water all the time.
- Your child should be eating a balanced diet that primarily consists of vegetable and fruits. They also help in adding fiber to the diet that keeps your bowels healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.