Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Asish GalaYour feedback matters!
Hi. Am student of computer science I have to sit for many hours. My eyes starts itching and sometimes I do get the headache. I thought it may be for migraine and took the prescribed medicine. But the problem still continues. What should I do.
Come water in my eyes after watch t. V n after read books as well as news paper, and when I m exer size my hand is pained.
My mother is sugar patient. She is taking metformin 850 mg and glimepiride 1 mg tab twice a day for the last one year. Her rft has shown creatinine 3.2 and urea 82 reading a week ago. Is it alarming or can be reversible.
I have myopia and I can't see far off objects, doctors advised me to wear spectacles or lenses, I wore lenses, instead of helping me out it created wounds in my eye. What should I do?
Hello Doctor, I feel pressure on head even I sleep then also some time I feel fast heart beat and I feel anxious stressed form last 10 month without break done may blood test including CBC which was normal done ct brain which was again normal I have only -50 number in my eyes wears specs but still I have pressure on my head normally I sleep 6 hrs then also I get head pressure and I acidity after every 2 to 3 days. I had done my CBC which was normal so it is I have to check my hyperthyroid because many says that may be i'm suffering form hyperthyroid I have to check my thyroid can any one pls help me to diagnose thyroid cbc is ok or I have to do further test thanks.
I felt very uneasy with some gastric problem and I went and net one gastroenterologist and after endoscopy he said there is a pre-pyloric ulcer and gave me esomeprazole tables to take every morning. But even though I'm taking the tablets I'm feeling very heavy in the stomach mainly after eating food probably the gas due to very slow digestion of food. Yesterday evening I drank one glass of buttermilk and I vomited it in the night. What should I do now?
I have red eyes from last few days and a little headache I took some medicine but no effect what should I do.
Hello Sir, i am suffering from eye problem, ma both eyes itching after washing by water and whenever I worked at laptop and while driving also, i went to doctor for treatment he notified that m suffering from chronical infection in ma eyes, I took medicine that he suggested and continued without missing upto two months but after that the problem again started Now m worry what to do.
I am suffering from myopia, can looking too much at phone screen can increase worsen my eye conditions and increase my eye power?
I am 21 year old male. I am advised to wear specs with power -0.25 in my both eyes. It means I am having trouble watching distant objects. I want to know if I should wear them while studying or while working on the computer as they are kept close? What are the other activities or time when I must wear them for preventing more damage to my eyes?
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose.
Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes. Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in rigorous physical activity. Contact lenses are free from all these hassles - they are not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles is very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect - they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance - they help you look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.