Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Asish BhakshiYour feedback matters!
Hello sir I'm surfing from gynecomastia from last 7 years is there any chance of breast cancer? Please reply help me to find out and give some tips as well!
My wife feels pain in right breast during periods time and nipple pain after periods she is feared of breast cancer kindly explain this.
Hello doctor. My father was diagnosed with ca prostate two years back. He was treated with hormone therapy and radiations. The hormone therapy is over now and he was advised to undergo a pet scan as a follow up. The report says that he has a 21x21 mm lump in the right lobe of the lung with positive feeding sign max suv 10. What does this mean? is this a case of metastasis in the lungs or a primary malignancy? please help. I am worried. And please throw some light on the treatment. Thanks.
suffering from multiple fibroid in uterus. Before 2 year I was consulted with a doctor then doctor suggest me if you have any problem then operation is a last treatment then live your life. But after 1.5 years I have more bleeding than previous days and again I am consulting with 2 or 3 doctors and suggest operation and they also said we can do biepci also for checking cancer. I want to know how much chances of cancer have in my case.
I am 34 years old active smoker. Want to know early symptoms of throat cancer. Any quick test to rule out the same.
My brother has urinary bladder tumor (carcinoma ) know it's become to lymph node . Chemotherapy is done . Know doctor do not want to do operation . Again chemotherapy to be done . I want to know what to do know .
Hello doctor. She has a fibroid in breast. Examined it by a gynecologist. It is only common fibroid. Doctor said no problem. Can she cure it without surgery?
Most commonly occurring in children aged 5 or younger, Neuroblastoma is a type of cancer developing from immature nerve cells most often found in and around the adrenal glands. However, it is not limited and can develop in several other areas of the body, like the chest, neck, spine and different areas of the abdomen where nerve cells can be found in clusters.
Depending upon the area of the body affected, signs and symptoms may include:
1. Neuroblastoma in the abdomen:
- Abdominal pain
- Diarrhea, constipation or other changes in bowel movements
- A lump of mass under the skin which is anything but tender
2. Neuroblastoma in the chest:
- Chest pain
- Visible changes in the eyes, such as drooping eyelids or unequal pupil size
3. There are other signs and symptoms caused by neuroblastoma. These may include:
- Lumps of tissue found under the skin
- Bruise-like dark circles visible around the eyes
- Proptosis (a condition in which eyeballs seem to protrude from the sockets)
- Back pain
- Bone pain
- Unexplained weight loss
Causes: Neuroblastoma typically originates in neuroblasts. These are immature nerve cells formed by the fetus as part of the development process. Eventually, neuroblasts convert into fibres and nerve cells which then make up the constituents of the adrenal gland. Normally, they either mature or gradually disappear. Others, which neither mature nor disappear, form tumors.
A number of problems may result out of neuroblastoma, including:
- Metastasis or spread of the cancerous cells
- Spinal cord compression
- Paraneoplastic symptoms, such as rapid eye movement or difficulty with eye coordination
- Abdominal swelling
Depending on the child's age, the stage of the cancer, or the types of cells involved, the treatment plan varies accordingly:
- Surgery - However, this depends on the size and location of the tumor. Tumors growing near vital organs are too risky to remove
- Chemotherapy - involves the use of chemotherapy drugs
- Radiation therapy - involves high energy beams, like X-rays
- Stem cell transplant or autologous stem cell transplant in case of high-risk neuroblastoma
- Immunotherapy - involves drugs which stimulate the immune system to destroy cancerous cells