Find numerous Homeopaths in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Homeopaths with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AshwathiYour feedback matters!
Q. What can be done to reduce the risk of acquiring dengue and how can we prevent epidemics of dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHF)?
I have a knee pain which is on the knee but seems to extend behind the leg and in the foot (at the back and lower side).
My son 8 yrs old he will irritate in small small things his concentration on studies getting weak day by day he dont want to write in class and when teacher beat him he irritates and depressed alot and whole day thinking about that teacher has beat me what should I do to make him feel good and happy.
Bakery Bread is calorie bomb:
The starches in bread get broken down quickly in the digestive tract and enter the bloodstream as glucose.
White bread has high glycemic index because it's made from refined grains that are rapidly absorbed during digestion, causing sharp spikes in blood sugar and insulin levels and increases risk for weight gain, type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol and heart disease.
Even whole wheat bread spikes blood sugar faster than many candy bars!
When blood sugar goes up rapidly, it tends to go down just as quickly. When blood sugar goes down, we become hungry.
Bread contains lots of Gluten
Wheat contains a large amount of a protein called gluten. Gluten is a troublesome protein that appears to be doing more damage to our health than we initially thought. This protein has glue-like properties (hence the name gluten) responsible for dough’s viscoelastic properties.
This is found in traces in wheat, barley, and rye — pretty much any bread or pasta product has it. (Rice and corn are absolutely free from it)
It is believed that 30-50% or more of the population is gluten sensitive, thus are deteriorating their health by eating wheat.
Side effects of gluten
Low Nutrient Absorption
The only way to really know if you’re gluten sensitive is to remove gluten from your diet for 30 days and then reintroduce it and see whether it affects you.
Bread contains anti-nutrient substances
Most bread also contains the “anti-nutrient” phytic acid.
Phytic acid is a molecule that strongly binds essential minerals like calcium, iron and zinc, preventing them from being absorbed. This aggravates vitamin D deficiency.
Bread is extremely low in essential nutrients
There is NO nutrient in bread that you can’t get from other foods in even greater amounts.
Here are some other statistics about the huge loss of nutrients when white bread is made:
About 50% of all calcium is lost
70% of phosphorus
80% of iron
98% of magnesium
75% of manganese
50% of potassium and
65% of copper is destroyed when white bread is made.
80% of thiamin, 60% of riboflavin, 75% of niacin, 50% of pantothenic acid.
About 50% of Pyridoxine is also lost.
Bread raises the bad cholestrol
What this means is that whole wheat significantly harms blood lipids and may drastically raise risk of heart disease.
Myth: whole wheat is healthy
Whole Wheat is Just “Less Bad” Than Refined Wheat
It’s like comparing unfiltered cigarettes to filtered cigarettes. Filtered cigarettes are less harmful, but that does not make them healthy.
The ‘SAID’ healthy bread is also very rich in phytic acid.
Bleaching process ads toxins to the flour which may lead to cancer
The flour that is made into white bread is bleached with benzoyl peroxide. The bleaching process does nothing to clean the flour. It has no purpose other than to make the product more visually appealing, so that consumers will be more likely to purchase it. In the process, benzoyl peroxide creates free radicals and benzoic acid. Free radical species are well known to contribute to DNA damage and aging, and benzoic acid can cause contact irritation, discomfort, weakness, and malaise. When ingested, the agent can cause headache, nervousness, nausea, and vomiting.
In addition to the health effects mentioned above, benzoic acid also contributes to the destruction of beneficial intestinal bacteria. This increases chances of colon carcinoma.
Evils together- ketchup, jam and butter
Most common companions of bread are butter, jam and sauce/ketchup
Jam – High sugarà High glycemic index à Diabetes
Butter – High in saturated fatty acid. Main cause of heart diseases.
Ketchup – High acetic acid content – causes acidity, electrolyte imbalance.
High salt à High blood pressure.
>80 % part of catch up is non-nutritious.
I have rashes in my butt. It very annoying to me. I am working all day sitting and sweats too. Till my inners get wet. The rashes not gone. Can any one suggest me any cream.
I have red eye's for last three days Doctors pleased tell Me what is the reason behind this? And also tell Me this which type medicine should I take?
I am 25 year old female. My hair is very rough and damage. And hair growth is very poor. And I want long hair.
Eye fatigue is a condition where the eyes are constantly tired and in some amount of pain as well. The other symptoms of this condition can also include swelling, burning and itching. Other ailments and conditions in the body like computer vision syndrome and others can cause this condition as a side effect and it should be referred to an ophthalmologist at the earliest for treatment.
So what else do we know about tired eyes or eye fatigue? Here are our list!
- Causes: Usually, this condition may be caused by activities that require the constant movement and focus of the eyes for tasks like reading, writing, focusing on the glare and flicker found in computer screens or on smartphones, and more. Also, driving for a long time and exposing the eyes to too much sunlight can lead to this condition. Video games and handheld devices may also lead to the same. Also, the presence of more serious ailments in the body as well as computer vision syndrome that hits roughly 50 to 60% of workers who use computer screens on a daily basis and for long hours, can lead to this condition. Lack of sleep and a poor diet that does not have plenty of nutrients can also cause this condition and other related symptoms.
- Symptoms: There are many symptoms of this condition including redness, itching, burning, swelling, watery eyes and much more, which will leave the eyes feeling tired. Also, blurred or cloudy vision may be experienced by patients for whom this condition has become more severe. The patient will also end up facing difficulty when it comes to focusing or driving for long periods of time, and headaches may take over after a few hours of reading or computer screen times. Also, related symptoms include acute pain and dull aches in the neck and shoulders which can trickle down to the upper back region.
- Treatment: The best treatment for this condition is with the help of lifestyle changes like cutting down your working hours and taking frequent breaks. Also, you could place your computer screen at least 20 to 26 inches away from your face while you are working so that your eyes are at a more comfortable distance and do not get affected too easily. You must also try and limit your screen time in terms of hand held device usage. A doctor may also carry out an eye exam and prescribe artificial tear inducers or bifocal lenses to deal with the problem.
Persistent eye fatigue must be checked by an ophthalmologist who will arrive at a proper diagnosis and treatment.
I am 26 years female and I have earlier about an year ago Sinus and tonsils problem. Had treatment and Yoga pranayamas at home and is cured for the time being. Consulted doctor repeatedly but haven't find any improvement. Recent about 2 weeks ago changed to another ENT Specialist and had CT Scan. The results said by Dr. are there is no sinus but as the bone which joins with nose iss crossed thus the pressure is applied to side nerves causing pain as migraine and on cheeks. Dr. informed as to go with medicines first if not for surgery for long last relief. Also I have Thyroid for the past 8 years and is now about 1.97 IU/ml and using 100mg from 3 months. Had second opinion too and said same thing to wait for few days. Problem here is when climate changes, I cannot breathe freely, have nose blocks at nights. And the problem will be solved till I use medicine or exercise, again it repeats same. Doest I really need to go for surgery or else I can be cured with medicine? And if the bone is crossed the pain has to appear at one side, but I have pain at cheeks, nose, above eyes and forehead. Please help me out. Thank you.
My bp level is 160/90.I am diabetic and i have microalbumenaria problem.I have ankle swelling problem also.Please advice.
I did exercise but its not working. As my waist still same due to stomach. Which medicine or exercise will help me to reduce my stomach size.
He has knee, whole foot pain. For 2-3 years. He consult many doctors. But not cure till now. His weight is 93 kg. N height is 5.4. please give some diet plan. N some medicines to cure. N its exercise too.
Doctor recommended CAB but EF is 25% die to which bypass surgery couldn't be done. Doctors advised to wait for 10 days and discharged. Doctors feel that the EF may increase in 10 days. My dad is normal & stable. He is on a complete bed rest. All others reports like BRAIN, KIDNEY, sugar, BP, urine are normal. No gastric as well. He can breath properly. No issue as at all. Please advise on how to improve EF to at least to 35% to 40%
I am a diabetic patient 40 years old and my latest fb is 146, pp is 233, Hba1c is 6.5,creatinine is 6.5,SGPT is 65, creatinine spot urine is 319.87,mitral urine-40.9,TSH-5.52,weight-55.70,bp is 110/70, Is it any serious in my report now? Please tell me how to control all of these?
I suffer from acidity and gastric problems please help me and suggest few methods and I avoid tablets so recommend me something else.
What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems?
I am 28 year old mail. Working as hatdware eng. yesterday felt severe stomach pain. Whole stomach swelled. After 1 hr. Interval I vomited 2 times mouthful fresh blood. Last night taken hotel food at 2 am. No gastroetitis or BP or diabetic history. Primary investigation about infection tommorow blood culture report will come. Whats your view?
Ya I have dandruff problem. My scalp is very dry. And hair fall is also sever. Can I use biotin tablets. And how long I have to use it?
Cancer that originates in the uterus is termed as Endometrial Cancers. The cancer is known to originate in the endometrium i.e. lining as well as the cells of the uterus. Abnormal vaginal bleeding causes the cancer to be detected early and a consultation with the doctor should be done immediately. When other cancers originating from the uterus are considered, endometrial cancer is found to be the most common.
Causes: The exact cause for endometrial cancer is not known clearly. The cells in the endometrium tend to become abnormal due to the occurrence of a genetic mutation, which causes rapid multiplication of cells that ultimately lead to the formation of a tumour like mass. They begin to spread to other parts and proceed to affect the tissues in the surrounding areas.
The typical symptoms of endometrial cancer include:
- 1. Irregular bleeding in between periods
- 2. A watery discharge from the vagina
- 3. Bleeding from the vagina postmenopausal
- 4. Pain in the pelvic floor muscles
Risk factors that might increase the chances of being affected by endometrial cancer include:
- 1. Aging increases the chances of this disease, especially post menopause.
- 2. Obesity can cause hormonal imbalance.
- 3. Certain drugs used in hormone therapy
- 4. Early onset of menstruation, especially before 12 years of age
Treatment for Endometrial Cancer Includes:
- Radiation therapy: This treatment procedure involves using radiations, such as X-rays to target and destroy the cancer cells. The two forms of radiation therapy are external radiation therapy (external machine is used to direct radiation on the cancer cells) and internal radiation therapy (radioactive substance enclosed within small and consumable items is placed near to or directly at the spot of cancer).
- Hormone therapy: Medications are administered to eliminate imbalances in hormone levels and prohibit the growth of cancer cells in the body. This remedy is preferred if the cancer progresses to an advanced stage.
- Chemotherapy: This form of treatment uses oral administration or injection of chemicals into the veins so that the growth of cancerous cells is curbed, either by elimination of the cells or by prohibiting cell division.
- Surgery: In this surgery, the areas affected by cancer are surgically removed; i.e. the uterus in this case. The surgical procedures that might be used include total hysterectomy (total removal of uterus), radical hysterectomy (removal of the cervix, uterus and part of the vagina) and Bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy (removal of both the ovaries and the fallopian tubes)