Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Ashok Surana

Cardiologist, Mumbai

Dr. Ashok Surana Cardiologist, Mumbai
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I'm a caring, skilled professional, dedicated to simplifying what is often a very complicated and confusing area of health care....more
I'm a caring, skilled professional, dedicated to simplifying what is often a very complicated and confusing area of health care.
More about Dr. Ashok Surana
Dr. Ashok Surana is a popular Cardiologist in Mumbai, Mumbai. You can visit him at Shri Sai Clinic in Mumbai, Mumbai. Don’t wait in a queue, book an instant appointment online with Dr. Ashok Surana on

Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on You will find Cardiologists with more than 37 years of experience on You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Shri Sai Clinic

Padmavathi Building, Road No 2, S.V Road, Goregaon,Landmark: Near Patkar College, MumbaiMumbai Get Directions
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Ashok Surana

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I have a problem of high blood pressure. Which medicine is suitable for this problem. Which control it quickly.

MBBS, M.S, M. Ch, F.I.A.C.S
Cardiologist, Chennai
B. P should not be controlled quickly but gradually. There are many medicines. It is wrong to prescribe without examining the patient. Low salt diet. Plenty of vegetables and fruits. Exercise. Meditation will also help. Stop smoking. Check cholesterol.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My husband is having pain to the left side of the chest. It feels usually in the morning. Should consult a doctor? He is 37 years.

BAMS, MD Ayurveda
Sexologist, Lonavala
It is better you get done with the check up till then you can do the following remedy During chest pain, chew 8 to 10 fresh basil leaves or drink a cup of basil tea to get relief. To prevent chest pain and improve the condition of your heart, take 1 teaspoon of fresh basil juice along with 1 teaspoon of honey daily on an empty stomach.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am under weight person how I can increase my weight without getting fatty and without increasing cholesterol level in my body?

PGDCC, MD(Chest), PG Dip.Clin.Cardiology
Pulmonologist, Ghaziabad
Good heavy exercises, plentiful diet with minimum saturated fat (ghee, butter, animal fat) and good sleep (no less than 7 hours) are best to achieve your goal.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My cholesterol level is very high how can I reduce it pls help me give me some tips.

Dear lybrate user, cholesterol is naturally produced inside the body of every living animal. Human beings are no exception to that. But when we take mutton, chicken, yellow part of a boiled egg, ghee, butter etc we intake cholesterol from external source. This extra cholesterol from external sources increase the total cholesterol content of human body. You should always keep your cholesterol level within normal limits as high cholesterol serves as a precursor to various cardiac diseases. Avoid the aforesaid food. Walk at least 1 hour in a day without any interval. Also you can take homoeopathic mother tincture fucus vesiculosus q, 30 drops, thrice daily, after meals, in a cup of water.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have done CABG heart surgery on 15th of July Now I have pain near soothes and I am not able to breath properly.

General Physician, Delhi
It is a normal phenomenon after a bypass surgery. Give hot fomentation, take a tablet of crocin, apply volini spray & prform your light duties. You will recover fast, don't worry.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello. My self pregnant from two months. I have high bp from last 4 years and have on medication. But becoz m pregnant so doctor lowers my bp medicine depin return 20 bt my bp never comes below 140/ 80. My doctor alsi prescribes me duphaston 10 mg. I have searched on net and got that it increases high bp sometimes. I am confused and taking the medicine and feeling worried to ask my doctor also if he will disappoint with my asking. Duphaston medicine is for protection. Please advice.

MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology, MBBS
What you are suffering is called hypertension. And it needs medicines because the body's bp needs to be regulated or else it will cause damage to the vital organs like brain, kidneys etc. Now that you are pregnant, the medicines must be continued, as they were. There is no need to reduce medicines unless you have symptoms related to it. As the medicines are reduced, the bp is remaining high, and not coming below 140/80. In a pregnant woman with hypertension usually there are chances of abortion, and intrauterine bleeding etc. Along with seizures (fits). Usually in pregnancy, the woman's blood volume rises and this happens from 5-7 month. During this period there is a chance of developing hypertension which is now called pregnancy induced hypertension. Since you already have high bp, if your bp increases after 20 weeks it will need special care of the fetal nourishment and growth must be monitored. Depin is safe in pregnancy and there are other drugs too which can be given. Talk to your doctor and ask the gynec about the reduced dose. If required take a second opinion. Usually in patients having previous abortions, progesterone is given to protect the pregnancy and prevent abortion. There are many types of progesterone. Natural micronised progesterone, injectable progesterone, and some synthetic progesterone. Duphaston falls in progesterone category. It is not known to cause high blood pressure but it has water retaining properties which may have alerted you. But you can talk about it to your gynec and doctor may change duphaston to other progesterones.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello Doctor! I am 22 years old, I used to get pain at left side of chest when am using laptop by falling on to the wall now its getting worse am thinking getting frequently when eating suiting on bed feeling pressure at left could I now the cause and the problem?

MBBS, MD, Fellowship in Intergrative medicine
Integrated Medicine Specialist, Kochi
Hi Bed is not be used for eating and as a workstation. Bed is for sleeping purpose only. These issues are quite commonly seen with youngsters who are addicted to mobile ,tablet lap top etc. You are getting into problems because of wrong postures and neck flexion and this will cause stiffness of the neck and back. So change your habits and you should be fine. If you want specific advise about diet, nutrition and life style changes take a consultation.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My triglycerides is 368.80 mg/dl. This is for the first time. Besides my glucose fasting 127 and PP 166 n BP 135/74. My ECG is normal. My physician advised me for diet contact, not to worry. Are these tests related to cardio problem. please advice. dietitics and food service management, Diabetes educator
Dietitian/Nutritionist, Bhopal
high fibre diet including greens and whole grains are to be included in the diet. avoid junk food and processed food. take small and frequent meals. take salad before meals. you can consult me privately online on lybrate.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Can children have heart problem....???

MD-Physician, PGDCC
Cardiologist, Jaipur
Can children have heart problem....???
It is a typical myth that heart problems can only occur in adults and aged people.

Fact is - children can also be having heart diseases! which are called congenital or by birth heart diseases.
These ones include- septal defects like- asd, vsd (hole in the heart), valvular diseases, heart malformations, pda and even adult like coronary heart disease.

Signs and symptoms can be-
Easy fatigue,
Difficulty in breathing
Sometimes bluish discolouration of skin
Chest pain
Palpitation etc.

For such issues, consult a cardiologist as soon as possible.
1 person found this helpful

Hi I am 21 years old. I am suffering from high blood pressure 110/220. Sometimes all the vanes feeling like pumping. I have done all d tested mri. Ctscan. Ecg. But all are normal. Suggest me something.

General Physician (AM)
Alternative Medicine Specialist, Chandigarh
Eat lots of garlic. If you cant have it get it homeopathically allium sativum,(biochemic) nat phos, avoid all types of fats and red meat. Requires detailed questioning so as to ascertain your personality and to treat you symptomatically. Treatment is available, safe and without side effects in biochemic system of medication. Consult me in private.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Dear Doctor My tot cholesterol 224 HDL 41 LDL 158 VCDL 25. Trigylce 125 Hope you will give your opinion.

MD - Consultant Physician, Doctor of Medicine, MD
General Physician, Ahmedabad
take low cholesterol egg yellow avoid. onion and garlic in plenty exercise daily 30 mts whole grains high fibre in diet fish salmon best veg diet better or lean non veg 1 to 2 times per week no smoking No alcohol Broccoli salad walnuts almonds red and purple fruits and vegetables
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have complete LBBB, now my BP at times is 150/90. What precautions should I take. What causes LBBB and what precautions should I take for this.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Bundi
Blocks can be removed by LEKHAN herbs as also some herbs like DHAMASA (Fegonia) help dissolve clots in the vessels. These are harmless. However switching to Ayurveda means long term therapy. But I ask one thing: does the Allopathic medicine for such conditions are discontinued any time in life generally. The answer is NO. So wisdom is to prevent such conditions by AYURVEDA principles of 'Dincharya' If emergency happens, allopathic treatment is best for saving life. Gradually the Ayurveda be taken parallel by introducing required Ayurveda medicines. Slowly allopathic may be withdrawn but all the things be done under monitoring of all the modern essential tests and advise of specialists. No pathy is entirely bad or good. Utilization should be to the maximum benefit of human kind. Precautions are no trans fats, restrictions in salt intake, regularity in medicine, adopting Pranayam, meditation, walks, destressing etc If you need to take Ayurveda treatment, pl consult with full details.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My Mother is aged around 65 years. She is suffering from Diabetes, High BP, Arthritis and Obesity (110 kg). Because of her weight she is unable to walk. She does walk inside the house but with support and her breath start to become fast once she tries to walk little bit say for example going out for doctor. Her Sugar levels are normal with medicines and she is taking medicines for BP and knee pain as well. Could you please suggest which surgery will be best for her to reduce weight. Also please mention the risks involved and cost. What will be the post operative procedures like taking vitamins or injections etc please put light on that too. Thanks.

CLINICAL CARDIOLOGY, MD - Consultant Physician
Cardiologist, Surat
Hi. Getting fatigue soon with less physical activity can be caused by heavy bodyweight. But may be it is not the sole reason. Any heart artery blockages should be tested first. Once fit from heart side, she can be advised physical exercise and yoga as per her health and weight status. She can also be advised surgery for weight loss only after confirming that heart is healthy. Take care.
138 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My dad is 64 years old and has got 70% and 100% blockage. In another 10 days he is going under bypass surgery as per the discussion with the doctor. He is not feeling any chest pain, shortness of breath or anything. Doc has given tablets to control further blockage. I read in some articles that 100% blockage is severe hence I am very scared. Pls let us know in this 10 days duration is there any risk? He has to follow any diet or yoga?

MBBS, MD - Internal Medicine, DM - Cardiology, Cardiac Device Specialist (CCDS - Physician )
Cardiologist, Delhi
The seriousness and urgency depends on which artery is 100% blocked, but generally medications can help keep the patient stable till the procedure can be performed, so no need to panic. Discuss with your cardiologist about SOS medication to take in case of chest pain and keep it handy. And avoid too much physical and emotional exertion like yoga or walks till the procedure. You can always discuss the options of stenting with your cardiologist, if the surgery is talking longer.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir, how r you? Sir, I have fill very weakly. How to solve this problem. And my pressure is low. How to solve this problem.

MD - Alternate Medicine, PGDIP.IN GERIATRIC CARE, Post Graduate Diploma in Holistic Healthcare
Ayurveda, Balasore
Hi hope you to be quite o. K. I am ok. Let your body be potential and try to better tomorrow with good health. Health wealth. Try to keep on. Take personal hygiene and take balanced food.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My aunt is suffering from less sodium in her body, due to which she is urinating without control. She has BP as well as Diabetes. She has become very weak. Pls advise.

MBBS, DMRD, MD - Radio Diagnosis, FIIM(Ayurved), D.SC, Post Doctoral Fellowship of Institute of Indian Medicine, Ph.D
Non-Invasive Conservative Cardiac Care Specialist, Ahmednagar
Dear Please get her Sonography done to see bladder residual urine. If problem take help of urologist Vm.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi, I am having pain in left side chest and arm, ECG and Echo test are normal. So please suggest some medicine for pain relief. Thanks.

General Physician, Mumbai
Dear lybrateuser, -Do hot water fomentation 3 times a day -apply pain relief gel 3-4 times a day on affected area -take pain relief tablet like Brufen , 1 tab three times a day after meals -avoid exercise & strenuous movement.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

What is cardiovascular disease (CVD)? Why should I change my lifestyle after a heart attack? What is an NHS Health Check?

General Physician, Mumbai
Any disease related to heart is called as cardiovascular disease and after a heart attack you should change your life style to prevent other attacks to occur in near future and NHS health check is a part of United Kingdom's policy
Submit FeedbackFeedback

After taking lipid profile test even for minimum increase doc has suggested medicine of small dose for me but my friend having cholesterol on higher side he says for selling anti cholesterol drug medical companies are doing some magic .is it true.

General Physician, Mumbai
LDL cholesterol levels on a higher side are known to cause atherosclerosis which can lead to complications and it's better to follow your doctor advice.
5 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed