Find numerous Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashok Kumar Gupta
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok Kumar GuptaYour feedback matters!
My skin became dull and dark, is chemical peeling will help to get my skin fair and glowing? and is chemical is good. If so how much it cost for 1session?
I have oily and combination skin visible pores with white heads sometime pimples in my cheeks only. Please suggest me face wash, lotion for face, and something very gud which have visible results with no side effect.
If you notice bumps and redness on the skin around your vagina, your first thoughts are most likely going to be about an STD. However, though these signs are very similar to symptoms exhibited by STDs, this can be caused by a triggered by a number of factors. Hence, it is important to consult a gynaecologist to confirm a diagnosis if you notice such abnormalities. Some of the causes for this condition are:
- Vaginal acne: Just like the rest of your body, the skin around your vagina can also be susceptible to pimples and acne. These pimples are very similar to those found in other parts of the body. Vaginal acne usually develops as a natural reaction to the use of harsh soaps and chemicals, shaving, douching or if you do not keep the area clean. Excessive productions of natural oils or sweat can also trigger a vaginal acne flare up. Wearing dry cotton underwear and keeping the area clean should help resolve this condition.
- Ingrown hairs: Sometimes, hair grows sideways or curls up below the skin instead of exiting it. This may be triggered by shaving or other forms of hair removal where due to its short length, the hair gets trapped under the surface of the skin. Dead skin can also clog a hair follicle and cause ingrown hair. This condition usually resolves itself. To lower the chances of ingrowths; try exfoliating your skin gently or switching to another method of hair removal.
- Folliculitis: This condition is caused by the inflammation of hair follicles that leads to a bacterial or fungal infection. It usually starts out as small red bumps which later develop into crusty sores. This inflammation may be the result of excessive sweat production or friction. It usually heals itself in approximately 2 weeks. The healing process can be speeded up by applying a warm compress on the area or by soaking the area in a salt water solution. In some cases, antibiotics or anti-fungal medication may be required.
- Eczema: This may be caused by a combination of genetic and environmental factors. As such, there is no cure for the condition but it may be managed with the use of topical corticosteroids. Aloe vera may also be helpful in reducing the itchiness and inflammation.
- Molluscum contagiosum: This is a viral infection that spreads through skin to skin contact and appears in the form of smooth round bumps that vary in size and are firm to touch. These bumps usually resolve themselves but the process can take a few months. Treatment with dry ice and topical creams can speed up the process. In some cases, laser therapy may also be used.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir, I have thyroid problem. Because of this I am getting so much of hair fall. Please suggest me a doctor for permanent solution.
Spending a day out at the beach or going up on a hike is something most people love to do. What they, however, do not want is the after effects of being out in the sun the sunburn. While sunscreen lotions do help to a large extent, being in the sea can wash off the sunscreen, leaving the skin exposed to the imminent damage. Also, the effect of most sunscreens wears off with time, thereby, invariably producing some damage to the skin. However, there are simple ways to reduce the damage and in some cases even reverse the damage done by the sunburn.
Listed below simple ways with which you can treat a sunburn:
- The minute you realize sunburn has set in, reduce further damage by getting out of the sun.
- If you were out in the beach, rinse off with regular water as early as possible to clear the chlorine and sand and salt water. The salt water irritates the skin and aggravate the damage further.
- Take a pain-killer which will reduce the inflammation and control the overall effect of swelling and pain. This can also help the mild headache that can develop because of being out in the sun.
- The sun dries the skin and therefore, make sure you make an extra effort and moisturize your skin. Use creams that contain aloe vera, glycerin or hyaluronic acid. Keeping them in the fridge for a while produces an extra-refreshing effect.
- Make a compress containing egg white or green tea and skimmed milk. The green tea will reduce inflammation and the egg white will supply the necessary proteins for the skin to recover.
- Not just the skin, the sunburn also leaves you dehydrated overall. Ensure the water intake is increased and consume water rich food like watermelon, grapes, and cucumber.
- If there are sun blisters as a result of the sunburn, do not touch them. Peeling them can produce scars, which can be permanent.
- On spots that are painful after the sunburn, slices of potatoes or cucumber can be used to rub the area. This will produce a cooling effect and also reduce swelling.
- Vinegar contains acetic acid and reduces pain, swelling, and inflammation that happens subsequent to a sunburn. Towel soaked in vinegar can be used to wipe the area or vinegar can be added to the water for a bath.
- Mint is another wonderful agent to manage sunburn. Include it in tea or add peppermint oil to lukewarm water for that healing drink.
These are some tips to treat a sunburn and reduce the damage (sometimes permanent) that can happen as a result.