Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Ashish ShettyYour feedback matters!
My right leg fractured and when I can walk and doctors had surged me by keeping screws and this screws when we can remove so please suggest me the answer.
Facing Bone and muscle pain in leg from past 3 to 4 years. Can't stand for long, and it gets so sensitive that even the lower part of leg (from ankle to toe) starts hurting and she always has to take rest after doing any work. Kindly suggest the problem and the solution.
I have very painful Tennis Elbow for quite some time now. I have been getting 2 different advice. One MD said to use a wrist brace to prevent my wrist extenders from moving in order to reduce my pain in my elbow. Another MD said not to use the brace because I'm using it as a crutch so what should I do? My elbows hurts even when I bend it a little.
I am suffering from low back pain from 5 months I am in fully rest I have consulted enough doctors they said to x rays and took it x ray is normal for three times but the main is more on pelvic sides and back side pain.
I'm suffering from severe back pain for last 2 weeks so I will take a treatment also then pain is to be heaver.
I am 54 year old female. I am suffering from numbness in the legs and my anklets are swollen. Please answer.
She is 72 years old, diabetic for past 16 years, since November last year in her legs there is extreme pain, around knee but there is no pain in knee, ortho doctor says no problem it happens to some people in winters, but I am not convinced.
Sir I have back lower problem from last 2 years. So what should I do to get relief from pain permanently.
Knee pain is one of the most common and painful ailments that can limit mobility. Injuries can result in cartilage or meniscal tears or sprains too. Obesity is another reason because of which knee pain is on the rise. Also, regular wear and tear of ligaments and tendons around the knees due to old age is another cause. These days, with reduced physical activities and sedentary lifestyles, the rate at which knees are wearing out has also become accelerated. Whatever the reason, a correct diagnosis followed by prompt treatment can help. Over the years, physiotherapy has been playing an important role in treating knee injuries. Whether to supplement the various drugs to reduce pain and inflammation or to avoid surgery, physiotherapy has helped many and its popularity is growing every day. Here are some ways that physiotherapy can help reduce pain.
- Improve flexibility of tendons: The knee cap is an area where there are lot of tendons and ligaments, coordinating to enable movement. Careful exercising can ensure that the flexibility of tendons and ligaments is improved, thereby making your knee movement easier and less painful.
- Improves blood supply: As we all know, proper movement requires good blood supply. Exercising with special focus on the knee ensures that blood supply is improved, and thereby the supporting ligaments and tendons function optimally.
- Enhances the knee cap function: The knee cap is that portion which joins your thigh bone to your calf bones. This is prone to slip out of place, especially with arthritis and injuries. This can be painful and limit movement to a great degree. Focused exercises aimed at improving knee cap function will ensure that the knee cap has a wider range of function, and does not slip out of its socket easily.
- Reduce rigidity: Once you start physiotherapy, you will feel your knees getting more flexible. The rigidity that had set in as a result of injuries and/or old age will also reduce over a period of time.
- Slow down the wear and tear: When you start physiotherapy after knee damage, continuing the exercise routine, of course with expert guidance, can reduce the pace at which further damage might happen. A word of caution though. Be sure to consult an experienced physiotherapist before you begin. Exercising in a bad manner can do equal or more harm than the original injury or old age itself.