Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashish GoreYour feedback matters!
Sir/ma'am I have serious problem of dark circles n I tried many types of medicine will you help me to cure it!
Hi I'm a 19 year old femaleFive or six weeks ago I had a patch of dry and flaky skin on my upper lip. Today my entire upper lip has gotten rough like there is a plastic on top, I can't smile bcoz it stretches and bleeds. Its scaly to look at and very hard to tough I'm worried please help!
Lumps are usually harmless and do not raise serious concerns. However, if the lump persists for more than two weeks, it may be a serious issue. Lumps are categorized based on their place of occurrence and each of them demand separate treatment. Learn the signs of danger related to lumps and take action accordingly.
Reason behind formation of Lumps
Injury is one of the major causes behind lumps. If the lump is painful, one must consult a doctor immediately. There can be various other causes behind lumps, which depend upon its place of occurrence.
- Epidermoid and pilar cysts (sebaceous cysts) appear as small smooth lumps under the surface of one’s skin. Such cysts are non-cancerous, hence, can be treated easily.
- Swollen lymph glands generally occur in neck or in groin or under the armpit. Usually, any infection results in swollen lymph glands. However, in certain cases it may be caused by cancer.
- Skin abscess is a term given to collection of pus. e.g. boils. Symptoms of skin abscess consist of redness and swelling.
- Style or Chalazion causes swelling on the eyelids.
- Lump in the salivary glands happens due to mumps
- Swelling in the thyroid glands may cause lump in the neck region. This lump may encompass the entire third gland or a part of it.
- Breast lumps occur in both men and women. Generally, they do not indicate breast cancer. Any abnormal swelling in the breast must be immediately shown to the doctor.
- Hernia or enlarged lymph gland may result in a lump in the groin.
- If a person experiences swelling in the scrotum, he must immediately consult a doctor.
- Lump in the anus can be caused due to piles. The small vessels engulfing the anus may get swelled piling up more blood than usual. Other than a pile, abscess could also be the reason behind lump.
- Lump on the hand, wrist, finger may occur due to ganglion. Such cysts may develop around joints or tendons.
Signs which indicate you must get your lump checked by a doctor
- If the lump gets hard or firm
- If the lump gets sore
- If the lump gets enlarged
- If the lump doesn’t vanish within few days
- If your body temperature rises more than normal
- If you experience abnormal loss in weight
- If you experience any such abnormalities
- If the lump reappears post removal
If any of the above sign occurs, it is better to consult a doctor and get your lump checked. In most cases, lumps are harmless and non-cancerous. But it is better to take precaution.
For any specific problem or for any further discussion, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Sir please suggest me a effective herbal moisturizer cream for my dry skin. And sir please advice me how to use it generally what happens is when ever I apply m. Cream on my face and walk outside with in a few hours I feel dust on my face I suppose it happens becaz of the cream which I applied on my face. And my face becomes black in colour and I look ugly.
My skin is becoming black due to pollution exposing. Black circles r there. So please suggest nd give treatment to whiten my skin.
I have got post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. So what is the cause of it and what are the complications of this disease?
I have Problem of Anal Fisher. But good thing is that I do not have a Bleeding problem. So please Suggest me. Cream or medicine for anal fisher. Bcoz.it is very painful during the stool in the morning. please reply me.
Vitamin itself stands for ‘vita’ means ‘important or vital’ and ‘amin’ means ‘substance’. Vitamins are essential for various body functions, and their deficiency can lead to severe problems. Vitamin C is one of the essential vitamins and has multiple benefits for the skin, hair, and overall health. Almost all food substances including regular vegetables and fruits contain some amount of vitamin C, and so it is rare for people to develop this deficiency. However, making sure there is sufficient vitamin C in the diet is very useful. Read on to know more about the skin benefits in more detail:
Collagen: Vitamin C is essential for growth of the collagen which forms the connective tissue layer. A diet low in vitamin C produces dull, lifeless skin. Including vitamin C enriches the underlying layers of the skin, producing glowing, firm skin.
Sun Protection: Vitamin C is very critical in protecting the skin against sun damage. When the sun is exposed to the sun, there is a release of free radicals, which is reduced with vitamin C. It is also rich in antioxidants which protect the skin from ultraviolet damage.
Wound Healing: When there are wounds, vitamin C helps in quicker and better healing of wounds by producing ligaments and creating scar tissue.
Blood Vessels: Vitamin C ensures optimal dilation of blood vessels and this helps in good blood flow to the skin. The skin glow and elasticity is largely improved when there is adequate vitamin C in the diet. Skin texture can turn dull and dry when there is less vitamin C in the diet.
Bleaching Effect: One of the best natural remedies for fairer complexion is the regular use of lime. It reduces melanin production and melanin oxidation. It also reduces the incidence of melanomas, age spots, freckles, and protects from general photochemical reactions which lead to sun damage.
Reduces Wrinkles: In addition to the other anti-ageing benefits, there are reduced wrinkles on the skin with a vitamin C-rich diet. This is due to the antioxidant property of vitamin C which ensures sufficient collagen formation and avoids intrinsic ageing. The photodamage effects are also reduced.
It is important to note that vitamin C absorption is reduced by smoking, cooking steaming, microwaving, and prolonged storage. It is advisable to consume raw fruits and vegetables and freshly cooked foods for maximum benefit. If your diet does not contain sufficient vitamin C, ensure you take supplements, which are available in the market in various forms.
Go ahead and ensure your diet is rich in vitamin C and see these changes for yourself. There also would be dramatic effects on overall health as you consume more of this wonder vitamin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I have dark skin and some pimple marks on my face in order to remove pimple scars I tried some creams unfortunately I don't know if we use hydroquinone we can't go out in the sun and those marks became more black than before what should I do to reduce them.
Hi Doctor, I am 23 year old and since last three years my skin has become dry and wrinkly (there are significant wrinkles on my forehead and legs. Though I take good care of myself like drinking sufficient water, applying moisturizer and sunscreen ,even derma dew which was recommended by someone here, but the problem still persists. Moreover, now I have huge amount of ingrown hair and bumps which I am not able to remove even after waxing or exfoliation. Could you please help me with this? Thank You.
Patient of breast cancer pathologic grade 3 and no lymph node involvement size more than 3 cm but less than 5 cm .on upper inner part of left breast. Modified radical mastectomy done adjuvant chemotherapy going on .ER neg. PR neg. HER 2 by IHC method neg as reported by TATA Cancer hospital Mumbai .but same hospital showed last impression as uninterpretable when FISH method is used .
I have hyper-pigmentation. Can I use monobenzone in low concentration to decrease my pigmentation problem.
- Regular use of cold milk will also decrease the dark circles and also soothes your eyes and skin.
- Take a cotton ball and place it in a bowl of cold milk or iced water for a while.
- Now apply the cotton ball making sure that it covers the entire eye with the affected area.
- Keep it for a while.
- Wash it regular water.