Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Ashish DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
My son 8 yrs old he will irritate in small small things his concentration on studies getting weak day by day he dont want to write in class and when teacher beat him he irritates and depressed alot and whole day thinking about that teacher has beat me what should I do to make him feel good and happy.
After mutual agreement me and my boyfriend broke up. Now I am experience mood swings like anything. I feel like I need to fight with someone. I get into useless arguments, I started shouting. I was a calm ,polite and wise person but now i'm becoming stupid day by day, politeness has gone somewhere. I am not sad but these mood swings like sometimes I get angry sometimes I feel lonely sometimes I cry .i do not know whats happening with me please help.
I am going through a hard phase of my life due to sudden separation from my wife. I am not able to get in touch with her and clear the misunderstandings. Kindly suggest how to manage this problem.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
Hello sir /mam, I'm just completed my graduation I'm hunting for job in my field only as I'm mechanical background but my friends choose other field n they r doing jobs. Due to lack of unemployment I'm getting depressed please suggest me.
Sir, my mind always want to sex and saw sex videos how I can leave this. And I am not able concentrate on my studies and I have so much pimple due jerking of penis 2-3 times a week.
Hi I am a student, please help me how get rid of sleepiness when ever I go for studying after opening book I'll start feeling sleepy and at the same time whatever I study the next day m not able to recall everything. So please help me and my exam is very near so give me some advice so that I can remember everything.
I'm suffering from legs and hands shaking from 12 august 2017. I was admitted to hospital for 4 days. The doctor gave me some tablets for anxiety disorders. Doctor told me blood test (cbc) and ECG and 2 D echo. I did above mentioned test but my report was normal. Last night 7/9/2017 I did masturbation my legs are shaking and felling uncomfortable. Also my semen is watery. I'm doing masturbation from 9 year please doctor give me solution on this problem I'm living in aurangabad now. suggest any remedy.
I am not able to think logically. Even though I think logically I am not able to to jovial as early. I am feeling stress how can I relieve from stress?
How do I identify a person with depression problems, since I am working with students, disinterest in academic activities is one, apart from this the complex they have when they come from a rural back ground to city with so called in vogue things around etc.
Am a 23 year boy, am working in a mnc company, I had lot of work, and for the reason of that work load am frustrated and stressful life for come out from this what should I do?
Hi sir, Mujhe bahut gussa aatta hai etna k out of control ho jata hai. Please suggest me something for that.
My father is suffering from parkinsonism since 4 years, he is under medication Recently he is loosing memory power, Will DBS help him? What is the success rate and complication of DBS surgery? He is 69 years old. Thanking you in advance.
Cyclothymia is a type of a mood disorder which is relatively light or mild in nature. If you are suffering from this condition, then you will experience extreme mood swings for very short periods of time. During these mood swings, you may experience a low period (depressed mood) or a high period when you are extremely happy.
There is no set or structured pattern for the highs and lows that you will experience during this condition. This feature of the disease makes it more difficult to detect and diagnose. The duration of your mood swings usually last just for a few days but can also be extended up to a few weeks. So, the only sign of identifying this medical condition is that if you are not having a normal mood for an extended period of time then you should consult a specialist doctor to enquire more about the condition.
Though there are no special symptoms of this disorder, the usual signs of mild depression and hypomania can be a possible symptom of Cyclothymia.
Some of them are:
- Hypomanic symptoms
- Racing thoughts
- Minimal sleep
- Excessive talking
- Extreme optimism
- Raised self-esteem
- Being happy without any reason
- Unnecessary fear
- Concentration difficulties
- Abnormal weight changes
The mood swings that you experience during this situation do not get better with time or vanish automatically. So it is always desirable that you seek some medical assistance from a specialist doctor on seeing the symptoms of either hypomania or depression.
This does not always hold true but you might also start to experience suicidal thoughts if you also have a bipolar I or II disorder along with cyclothymia. So, if any such thoughts appear in your mind, then you should seek immediate medical assistance.
Good morning sir Sir I have always stress and depression on my mind. Specially on exam time more stress is coming. So for this what I have to do? Please sir help me.
Instantly you will be refreshed and feel relaxed.
I had an accident last year. I can't get out of the trauma. I get afraid if I board a bus. Please help.
Mental illnesses refer to an extended range of health disorders related to the mental condition of an individual, which affect the health, mood and behavior of that person. Depression and anxiety, eating disorders, addictive behaviors, schizophrenia, etc. are the different types of mental illnesses. Mental illnesses can create a lot of trouble in the normal functioning of the day-to-day activities of a person's life.
Here are some of the common treatment options available for relieving mental illnesses.
- Medications: Antidepressants, anti-anxiety medications, mood-stabilizing medications, antipsychotic medications are some general types of psychiatric medications prescribed by the doctor, which can be consumed depending on the condition one is going through. Although these medications do not cure the person completely, it helps in improving the condition.
- Psychotherapy: This type of therapy involves talking to a mental health provider about your condition and other related issues. In other words, it is also called talk therapy. It helps a person to cope up with his/her stress. The duration of such a treatment varies. It may either take a few months or even longer, if required. This therapy can be carried out in a group, with family members or even face to face with the therapist.
- Brain stimulation treatments: When the medications and psychotherapies fail to work in treating mental illness, this treatment is applied. It involves procedures such as electroconvulsive therapy, transcranial magnetic stimulation, deep brain stimulation and vagus nerve stimulation.
- Hospital and residential treatment programs: In extreme cases of mental illness when a person becomes a threat to himself/herself, it is recommended that he/she be hospitalized to a psychiatric hospital.
- Substance abuse treatments: Substance abuse and mental illness go hand in hand. It worsens the condition of mental illness in an individual, if he/she cannot restrict the consumption of alcohol or drugs. In such circumstances, an individual needs to talk to the doctor regarding the treatment options for stopping substance abuse. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.