Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashih ShettyYour feedback matters!
Hi, I have my daughter age 2 years. She get fever every month almost from last six months. We always visit to the same Dr. In hospital. He always check and found infection in his throat. Thats why she get fever. 4-5 days back she again had throat infection and thats why she again got fever. Its type of viral every time, when we give medicines fever comes down but after 5-7 hrs fever comes again. This used to happen for 3-4 days. But this time fever not going. Today we are again visiting to the Dr. She do not even eat and used to cry when she had fever. We want if the fever nd throat problem goes permanently. Medicines we used to take: Throat infection - AUGMENTIN SYRUP Fever - maxtra P Suspension or FLEXON Please advice how we can get rid of this problem.
Sir/ Madam, my daughter 6 years of age is suffering from asthma and eczema problem. After giving nebulization (Asthalin, duolin) from last 3 years we have consulted Ayurveda doctor, it is 10 days now. With the change of climate her condition has become very bad. She cough continuously with vomiting. Sir what shall we do. Can we give her nebulization along with Ayurveda medicine or will it cause some side effect.
Hello sir a 5 yrs baby's albumin value is 5+ and not coming to normal for 2yrs will this problem be solved ?
I had cesarean when my baby boy was nine months of pregnancy. Now he is five month baby. Now I am having severe backache. What can I do?
My baby boy had head circumfrenceces at birth was 36 cm and after 37 days his head circumferencesis 40 cm. I have done cranial usg after birth of baby in which report is normal. Is there chances of hydrocephalus.
I am a 32 year old mother. I have a daughter 8 month old. I was not having enough milk to feed my baby therefore in the beginning alternately started formula milk and from 5th month mid also started alternative food such as dal & rice water, fruit juice boiled and strained and feed through bottle. Know she is also on semi fluid food. I was also breast feeding upto 6 months. But then since i started working she is like almost 8-10 hour on the above food. I want to breast feed her,but she does not take it more than 5-7 mintues. Since the flow is comparatively very low as in before. How do I Improvise flow, may please guide.
2 years ka mera baby boy h.wo bahut weak ho gya h. Uski blood test v karwaya. To uska result me haemoglobin 68% or result 10. 0Gms/dl aaya. Kya ye thk h ya phir mere baby ko blood ki kami h.ya phir normally kitna haemoglobin hona chahiye body me .agar kam h to easily blood k liye kya khilana chahiye. Pls healthy diet supplement chart suggest kare.
My daughter 8 years of age sneezes 10 to 12 times in the morning daily after getting up from bed. Is there any natural or homeopathic remedy for this.
My daughter is 4 months age. She had 3 dose of the pentavalent vaccine injection. But she did not had the pcv vaccine. Is it mendatory for new born babies and now can we give the pcv vaccine to my daughter. Please advice.
Thalassemia is a type of a disease, resulting in the abnormal production of hemoglobin in the blood. Hemoglobin stimulates oxygen circulation all over the body. Therefore, a dip in the hemoglobin count can lead to anemia, a disease inducing weakness as well as fatigue. Acute anemia can take a toll on the organs and ultimately cause death.
Severe thalassemia in children yields symptoms, such as dark urine, abdominal swelling, slow growth, jaundice, a pale appearance and deformed skull bones. Diarrhea, frequent fevers and eating disorders are also common.
- Blood transfusions: Regular blood transfusion is the only treatment needed for beta thalassemia aiming to keep sufficient Hb level to avoid long-term complications, though bone marrow transplant is radical cure for the disease.
- Iron chelation therapy: The hemoglobin in the red blood cells is rich in iron-protein that gets deposited in the blood with regular blood transfusion. This condition is known as iron overload as it damages heart, liver and various parts of the body. Iron chelation therapy is used to prevent this damage as it helps to remove the excess iron from the body. Deferoxamine and Deferasirox are two such medicines used for this therapy.
- Folic acid supplements: Folic acid being a B vitamin produces healthy red blood cells and is therefore recommended as a substitute for the above procedures.
- Transplant of blood and marrow stem cell: A blood and a marrow (a substance within the cavities of bones where blood cells are produced) transplant replaces the faulty stem cells with healthy ones contributed by a donor.
Hi my baby is 4 days old and she is sleeping from morning to night and she wake up on midnight for 2-3 hour, so please tell me is this general tendency or any other problem, thanks.
My daughter's age is five and half years but she still lisps some words like speak k to t what should I do. Please suggest me. Thanks.
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SID) refers to the unexplained and sudden death of a seemingly hale and hearty baby. This condition tends to occur when the baby is asleep and that's why it's also known as crib death. Although the reason for the condition is still not known, many experts have attributed the cause of the condition to abnormal development in the parts of the baby's brain that oversees breathing and awakening from sleep. Nonetheless, there are ways that can prevent the problem from occurring and which are:
- Always place your baby on the back to sleep - Sleeping on the back is the safest position that your baby should be in, whenever he or she sleeps. You shouldn't let your child sleep on the sides as he or she can roll onto the stomach, and may hamper the breathing process. You can place your baby on the stomach when he or she is awake.
- Place your baby on a firm surface to sleep sans of any objects - It's best to place your baby on a firm mattress to sleep while avoiding thick and feather padding like a thick comforter. At the same time, objects like toys, stuffed animals or pillows should be removed from the crib as they may get in the way of your child's breathing by pressing on his or her face.
- Make sure your baby doesn't become very hot - For keeping your baby warm during sleep, it's best to opt for sleep clothing or blanket made of light material so that it doesn't make him or her feel very hot. If using a blanket, it should be placed loosely over the baby and one should also remember to not cover the baby's head during sleep.
- Use a pacifier - Research suggests that the use of the pacifier can reduce a baby's chance of dying from SIDS. This is because the pacifier helps in preventing the baby from rolling over onto his or her stomach during sleep. At the same time, it's also believed that the instrument helps in keeping the baby's tongue positioned in a manner that keeps his or her airways open.
- Breastfeed your baby - Breastfeeding your baby for a minimum of 6 months can help in preventing the occurrence of SIDS. Several studies have revealed this beneficial aspect of breastfeeding.
Related Tip: 4 Worst Foods Ever To Feed Your Baby!