Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashih Shetty
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashih ShettyYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old. I am having a baby of 4 1 / 2 months. I am breastfeeding her but I have a doubt whether she is getting enough milk or not .my baby's weight is 5.7 kgs. So my neighbours are suggesting me to take bread & milk for more milk production. Is it safe & healthy for me to take bread & milk daily twice. Please give me the right diet pattern to increase my milk production.
Sir, my son is 3 years old, male, weight 15 KGS, height 3 ft. Giving him only normal food, and drinks pediasure. Pls doctor suggest some drinks and healthy food for his brain development. Someone said infantgrow A+ is very good for brain development. Pls help.
Hello doctor, My daughter is 5 years and having chronic issue with passing stool. They are very hard, large and looks like goat pellets. She is suffering due to pain everyday. She is passing stool everyday but it's just that very hard and large in size. Please give me home remedies or medicines name. My husband is not ready to take her to hospital blaming on me that I have to give lot of fibre. But I do cook lot of veggies and give fruits like Apple, guava and dry fruits like Walnut and raisin. But no changes. I have reduced giving milk since I read that high milk level could be a cause. God will bless you. Please save my child.
Dear Sir/Mam, and my son's is 6 months old we have consulted a local doctor and we have consulted a local doctor and doctor has said that they have to do a orchiopexy surgery because he has a undescended testicle but doctor told us observe child for a month at night while sleeping and we did the same but the testicle will be in scrotum at the nights while he is sleeping, and now doctor has told us to wait for another 6 months to see the growth of the testicle. Actually we are worried a lot it would be very helpful if you could provide some information regarding, will it be ok if we wait for another 6 months and see the growth of the testicle. We have consulted a paediatrician and doctor has told us to wait till 1 year after that doctor will see the growth of the testicle and then will take a call but here my doubt is will it be ok to wait till 1 years of age as per doctors advise. Please advice what should we do now?
My age is 22 years and I have sinus problem since 2 years and controlling sinus allergy using metasapray and ebast m tablet but currently I have coughing since last 3 weeks and I consulted with a reputed Dr. And he told me to take asthakind dx syrup for 5 days and after taking it I felt little better and now Dr. Has prescribed benz pearls capsules for more 5 days and with that earlier I took relent od capsule for 10 days and currently taking histakind m tablet, metaspray nasal spray, benzpearls cap thrice in a day, and esoga rd cap, but coughing problem is still there and when I cough then feeling some throat irritation like I feel breathing problem so I need to control my coughing and also sometimes feel that my throat has been swollen like while swallowing feel difficult sometimes specially early in the morning and I would like to inform you that 4 years back I had tuberculosis but that was treated and its course was completed, so please tell me why I am getting coughing since last more than 20 days and why my throat provides difficulties why I cough.
1.5 year old girl child have cough about a week and have changed two medicines but till has cough. What can i do?
Exams are here again. As always we tend to neglect our food in the process of concentrating on studies. But we forget that to concentrate on studies we have to concentrate on taking a healthy diet.
Here are a few diet tips that will help you balance your study as well as diet.
1. Eat small and nourishing meals every three hours, instead of just 2-3 heavy meals. The brain needs a constant supply of energy and a heavy meal will divert the blood supply to digest the heavy meal.
2. Your daily diet must include 2-3 fresh, seasonal fruits. Start your day with a boost of fruit energy. Have a banana with a tablespoon of honey as the first meal of the day. Fruits provide you not only with fiber, vitamins and minerals but also simple and complex carbohydrates for short and long duration of energy supply when studying. The fiber will also help to keep the bowel movement clear.
3. A good breakfast is a must for anyone. The breakfast must contain foods with complex carbohydrates like flakes, oats, rawa (semolina), daliya (wheat cracks), poha (rice flakes) or pav with vegetables and a protein source such as eggs, milk, pulse, sprouts or paneer.
4. Nuts and dry fruits like almonds, walnuts, and dates provide nutrients which enhance brain power and concentration and also provide an extended source of energy supply.
5. Include potassium-rich coconut water, citrus fruits/ juices and soups in your diet.
6. Green leafy vegetables, pulses, and nuts will also provide vitamins and minerals to help avoid anemia. (Anemia is a common problem causing difficulty in concentration.)
7. Including milk as a bedtime meal and curd/lassi/buttermilk after lunch or as a mid-meal assures a supply of Vitamin B12 too.
8. Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated. Always keep a glass of water beside you to remember to take sips of water every 15 minutes.
9. Basic exercise like stretching, walking or yoga with meditation will help to reduce negative stress and also help you to get good sleep.
10. Avoid junk foods as they will provide you no nutrition.
11. Avoid stimulants like tea, coffee or colas as they may seem to perk you up but the energy does not sustain for long. Too much may even cause bloating or acidity.
12. Avoid aerated drinks as they are full of sugar and may cause a rapid rise in blood sugar levels causing a sudden rise and drop in sugar levels.
13. Chocolates may seem to may you feel good but the sudden rise and fall of sugar it causes in the blood can lead to trembling nervousness and panic.
14. Have your dinner if possible a little earlier than 9-10pm.
15. Keep about 2 hours between dinner and your bedtime.
16. Have a sound sleep for at least 7-8 hours daily.
Remember your body and mind need the fuel to help you perform the best. So, nourish it and take care of it and it will do the same for you.