Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Asha Menon
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Asha MenonYour feedback matters!
My work involves sitting in the same position for almost 10 hours due to which I have severe back ache , it gets worse in the morning when I wake up from bed , can you help.
Hello I feel backache, body pain, laziness and huge weakness when wake up in morning. I am little bit workaholic n sometimes work up to 18 hours a day. I am vegetarian n never smoke too. Then what's the reason behind my problem? please suggest cure.
I am 17 years old male. I do have a backbone problem. I can not stand straight after getting up and if someone touches my neck it hurts like cracking bones and I have pain in middle of back bone after running even after using staircase.
I am a recovered patient of clavicle bone fracture, my question is can I do gym exercise as possible as before days.
My mother's age is 65 and she's having pain in her knee and also in her front bone (TIBIA) for last 7-8 years and now it's increased. Due to which she's having problem in walking and standing. Her pain increases when she work for long time and swelling also occurs in her knee. She's taking calcium tablets prescribed by doctor and also some pain relief ointments but get only temporary relief. Is there any remedy or treatment by which she can get permanent relief. Please tell some effective oral medicine or ointments/oils.
Sir I have back pain problem from last 1 year. I took all medicine vaccine. But some pain are left. Can you please what should I do.
Sir/ mam I am male and have age of. 22 years. I have a pain in my back from 2 months and it us really hurting. I am very thin too according to my height. I am 6.3. Please suggest me sime medicine and solution.
I am 26 years female and I am suffering from legs and back pain daily very badly. Professionally I am working as an teacher for nursery children. And house is in third floor and no lift facility. I got married before months. Other than this I don't have any health problems. Please tell me right solution for my problem and also about what food I have to take to over come this problem. Basically I am very bad in taking right food. Thanking you.
I am 40 year old I am suffering from fever from 4 day's. Today only legs hands & full pain. What can I do for this.?
I am getting pain in my back side just above wrest level, specially in the night hours when going to sleep. I am used to sleep on ground as hard bed.
Hi from two months I have so much pain in my legs. From knee to foot when I go to sleep it increse. I am very tensed please help.
I am 18 year old female and have pain in hand for last 2 years. Recently l consult a doctor and he found that I am effected with CTS (carpal tunnel syndrome) and gave me medicine methycobal500 mcg and lyser forte saying that surgery is not necessary. Now I am taking the medicine about 7 months but haven't got any relief. What should I do now?
I have left hand pain from the shoulder for the past 6 months and i am 34 years old. What should i do? Please advise.
Hi , I observed a small ball growing on my back and getting pain 3 in inches distance rarely what to do please suggest me.
Doctor, l am suffering from severe pain in my back (in the joint between right thigh bone and my body) I can't walk properly and l can not run ,as l am a Badminton player ,this problem gives me a major mental depression. Please help me to get rid of this pain. I think it's a pain in joint muscle. Thank you.
Metabolic Bone Disease is a term used for various conditions of the bones that can be caused by a number of different disorders. Most of these disorders are developed due to nutritional deficiencies, defects in the bone metabolism procedure or due to hereditary defects in the skeletal structure. Conditions that fall under the category are osteoporosis, osteomalacia, rickets, Paget's disease, parathyroid conditions, chemotherapy induced bone loss and menopause induced bone loss.
Causes of Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Imbalance in the level of calcium: Too much calcium or too little calcium can cause bone diseases. While the overabundance of calcium (hypercalcemia) in the body will lead to calculi formation, which can be harmul for the body, the lack of calcium (hypocalcemia) causes weakness, bone pain and restricted growth.
- Deficiency of phosphorus: Low phosphorus in blood (hypophosphatemia) leads to softening of the bone tissue and bone loss. Osteomalacia is commonly caused by phosphorus deficiencies.
- Deficiency of Vitamin D: Vitamin D is essential for the body to absorb calcium. Cells called osteoblasts need vitamin D in order to absorb calcium and secrete the bone tissue proteins. A deficiency of vitamin D can lead to a number of metabolic bone diseases like rickets and osteoporosis.
- Over or under secretion of the parathyroid hormone: The parathyroid hormone (PTH) stimulates the secretion of an enzyme which converts the inactive circulatory form of vitamin D into its active usable form. The hormone can also increase the circulation of free or ionized calcium (Ca2+) which is not attached to proteins. Both underproduction and overproduction of the hormone causes skeletal problems.
Symptoms of Metabolic Bone Diseases
The symptoms of most of the Metabolic Bone Diseases are similar. They are:
- A dull, throbbing pain in the bones is the most common symptom. The pain is frequent and lasts for a long amount of time but, unlike muscular pain, the exact region of bone pain cannot be specified.
- Severe joint pains accompanied by stiffness and swelling of the joints. The patient experience pain during regular physical activities, especially during cold weather conditions.
- Frequent fractures are caused by most bone diseases because the bone mineral density decreases drastically. Severe bone injury may be caused by mild trauma.
- Defects in the bones can cause bowed out legs and a bent backbone.
- A general feeling of exhaustion is often caused by bone diseases.
- Kidney stones are an associated complication of metabolic bone diseases.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!