Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ArvindYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, My little baby is 7 months old, I have low/less breast milk, I cannot completely feed him with my own milk, please tell me what to do right now?
Dear doctor. My son having respiratory prob. He is 8 months. He did't take any food. Only taking mother feed. Kindly advise to which type food I wll put to my child.
I tried to introduce formula fed of 90 ml once a day to my 3 month old baby girl as she was getting cranky and feeling empty after breastfed. In breastfed she is not drinking milk for more than 10 mnts or falls asleep within minutes. These leds to her becoming cranky, crying and demanding milk after every 15 mnts to half an hour when she is awake. Initially after giving her formula fed once a day of 90 ml with 3 scoop powder, after 4-5 days the motion she passed had foamy and greenish effect, so we stopped it. When she became 3.5 month, we again tried formula fed once with less concentration but this time she threw up all the up and kept on crying that whole night. We tried the same after a week with same result. Please suggest.
My boy is 2.9 years weight is 11.5 kg every month fever coming but boy was played well during fever time blood test and xray normal t.b also tested crp test also hb is 10.5, no result every month used 30 ml anti boitc cold and cough syrup used I am feeling sir, please tell me any suggestion give me sir.
My son is not speaking clearly. He is stumbling while speaking. first world repeating four to five times. For ex:- The world Dada. He speaking as Da. Da. Da. Da. Dada.
Hello docs. My new born baby is caught in cold. What can I do. Any treatment. She is 1 month and 5 days old. Kindly reply with all available options. Pls.
2 mahine ke baby ko pet dard/constipation ke liye medicine suggest kare. Aur jyada rona na aaye to kya kare?
My 3 years old son has dry cough for more than two months. It becomes better and worse but never gets cured. He has been on antibiotics 3rice but now I have given up. Chest is clear on auscultation. No fever. Appetite is reduced. Please advice .thanks in advance.
Breast milk provides essential nutrients for infants and is a mix of nutrients, which include vitamins, proteins and fat that are necessary for a baby's growth. Apart from benefitting babies, breastfeeding benefits mothers too.
Here are 4 benefits of breastfeeding:
1) Provides nutrients and protection to the baby - The best food a mother can give to her baby is her breast milk. It helps your baby to grow and develop. Breast milk is custom-made by all mothers for their own babies and, thus, contains a perfect mix of essential nutrients. Breast milk contains a mixture of protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins and minerals, which are very important for the proper growth and development of the baby. It also contains many antibodies that reduce the chance of diseases and allergies. In fact, the milk's content changes as your baby grows to keep up with the infant's needs.
2) Convenience - The milk from breasts is always safe and fresh, and is precisely of the right temperature, which what makes it a convenient food for the baby. What's more, it doesn't require heating, boiling or sterilizing as such; and can be fed to the baby anywhere, anytime.
3) Benefits mothers - According to a research, breastfeeding, to an extent, provides protection against breast and ovarian cancer. It also serves as a measure of protection against weak bones in the later part of life. Calories are required in order to produce milk. So, breastfeeding helps to gradually lose weight after pregnancy as well. Moreover, breast feeding also defers the return of menstruation for a little while.
4) Continues the special relationship between mother and child - The bond between a mother and a child strengthens due to the intimacy and the closeness involved in breastfeeding. One of the remarkable facts about this is the more a baby breastfeeds, the more milk the mother produces.
Related Tip: Why is breastfeeding so good for your baby and you?
My new born kid age 7weeks was not went motion for 3days and he crying early morning past 3days maybe due to stomach pain. Wat to do now.
Now my baby is 5month old. I am giving only breast milk to her. Last one week I felt that I am not having enough milk to satisfy her. I will not want to give any formula milk. Can you please suggest me some food to increase breastmilk.
My child is 10 years old her weight is 25 kg haven't got hungry she got affect digestion problems. She affect stomach ache. So she couldn't eat food? What medicines needed her?
My son 1.10 years old. Till date, he is not speaking. I had consult with doctors before 6 months, they says, he speaks after some time. But till date, he is not speak speaking. I can't understand. What I do.
My daughter is just 2 months old. She has a preference for putting her head towards the right side. While I turn it to the left every now and then, she keeps it there for a short while and turns back to her right. I'm now noticing a slight difference in the shape on the left and right. She doesn't like to use a horse shoe pillow and gets rashes with the mustard seed pillow. Will the shape of her head become permanent as it is now or will it change and get well rounded once she's sitting up and moving around more. I have received mixed responses to this, hence wanted to check.
My daughter age 8 month currently Since yesterday she is suffering from loose motions today she did 7 times since morning Given oflox oz 4 drops Please advise.
My daughter, aged 6.5 years underwent bilateral femoral osteotomy in Dec 2015 and Jan 2016. She was in hip spica cast for a total of eight weeks, followed by hip brace for four weeks. But her knees were flexed inwards after she came off the spica cast . After regular therapy for the past five months, it has opened out from 150 degrees to about 50 degrees now, Hips are in abducted attitude. Abduction is possible to about 50-60 degrees, but hip abduction movts seems to be quite painful for her. Her recent xray which was done few days back show " left femoral head dislocated inferiority" Her adductor muscles and hamstrings are tight. Kindly advise regarding further treatment possible to correct the dislocation. Thanks a lot.
Asthma is a respiratory disorder, which is characterized by the narrowing down and inflammation of the inner lining of the airways of the lung, resulting in excessive secretion of mucous. The airways are responsible for the passage of air from and to the lungs. Asthma can affect any person of any age group; however, the symptoms of the condition can vary. The symptoms of asthma include severe pain in the chest, coughing and problems in breathing, interruption in sleep due to breathing problems and a croaking sound during exhalation. Asthma, in most cases, tends to be chronic and can exist throughout your life with eventual changes in the nature of attack.
The most common causes of asthma are:
- Common cold and allergies from dust particles, smoke and minute insects might be catalysts for asthma.
- Suffering from severe anxiety might also cause asthma.
- Asthma might occur as a result of physical exercise and as a side effect of some medications such as ibuprofen and aspirin.
As of now, asthma is incurable. But medications can control the symptoms. Homeopathic preparations can also be useful for the treatment of asthma. Some common homeopathic remedies are as follows:
1. Arsenic album: If the symptoms include severe episodes of stress and nervousness, immense thirst but the inability to drink much water, severe attacks at night and intense pain in the upper right portion of the chest, Arsenic Album might be very useful to cure the problem.
2. Nux Vomica: If the attack is primarily caused because of gastric disorders or sudden outbursts of anger along with symptoms of dry cough, headaches and stomach aches, Nux Vomica might be used as a remedial medicine.
3. Carbo Veg: Carbo veg can be recommended if the symptoms include a pale face at the time of attack along with cold feet and hands and an itchy sensation in the larynx.
4. Kali bichromicum and Moschus: If the attacks become worse in the morning accompanied by yellow mucus discharge, the above mentioned homeopathic preparations are recommended. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.