Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arvind
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ArvindYour feedback matters!
My baby is born on 1 jan 2015. We got the pentavalent vaccination first dose done on 18th Feb. Can we have the second dose of this vaccine on 11th March or 1st April, or it has to be between 18th to 20th March only. Please advise as my wife is not in town in between.
My daughter 6+. IGE value is 2109. Doctors gave MONTEC L C KID ONCE DAILY. After that he suffer stomach pain. It is side effect of the medicine or other? USG of whole abdomen is normal. Is any side effect of medicine?
Hello doctors, My two and half months old baby is suffering from cold. I am giving him nasal drops. Can I give him steam. please guide how can I treat him.
My niece is getting fever frequently and then fever goes out within every 20 seconds approx. Suddenly her body goes up and then does down immediately. She is 5 months old. Please suggest
My baby is lactose intolerant n she is one year old. I take care of her food. No mistake in that. N she is teething but she gets loose motions very fast n dosent go without antibiotics. She is 7. 5 kg only
I am suffering from stomach infection since 1 week I am also having pain tell me what I can do any medicine.
My son was seen by a child neurologist in 2012. The findings were: Xavier has delayed speech, mild growth retardation, relative macrocephaly, limb hyptonia/joint hypermobility, excessive drooling and minor dysmorphic features. He says he cannot remember things. For example he saw his dad last week and cannot remember what his dad discussed with him. He messes up his underwear and he is fully potty trained. I wonder if this is physical. His behavioral assessment said his reasoning skills are below the normal range and indicate he may have problems learning new concepts. His head circumference is 52 cm. When he was three it was 51.5. Hie weight is 43 lbs. Is that normal? Could all of this indicate cerebral palsy. He is 7 years old. He will be 8 years in October.
My baby girl is 1 year old and since 3 to 4 days she facing some Urine issue, as In a day she do a 2 to 3 times urine only and at night sometimes she do a Urine and sometime notes. Urine come yellow and she not face any issue while she do Urine. She also have some cold since 4 to 5 days. Please guide me on that.
My daughter is 1 year old.In 24 hours she sleep 2 hours in day and 7-8 hours in night but not properly. She wakes up 2-3 times in night. She is also under weight baby.In this case what should I do? She don't like to eat except milk. Can I test thyroid of my baby?
My daughter is 12 years old she is suffering with cough since birth and her weight is 22 kg.Kindly advise?
My son is having nervous while going to school. He is unable take breakfast. From the past four days he is doing vomiting also while prepared to go to school. His age is 9 years. Normal times he is very active and plays very well. Kindly suggest.
Hi, my son is 11 months old. Till now he doesn't crawl, no teeth, very low hair growth. His vit d (25-oh)-total is 15.3ng/ml. Please help.
My 7 year old daughter is a very picky eater. She refuses to eat anything, and is underweight. Can you point me to some reference material? thanks.
What Causes Eczema? Ways to Prevent Eczema Outbreaks
A skin inflammation, eczema, also known as atopic eczema, refers to the changes that occur in the upper skin layer. These skin changes can be thickened and cracked skin, skin redness, crusting of the affected area and swollen raw skin, among others. The exact cause of this skin condition is not yet known but a mix of factors have been found to be behind this health problem.
The factors that play a role in causing eczema are:
- Dry skin brings down your skin's ability to fend off irritants as well as allergy causing substances from entering your skin, resulting in an inflammatory condition.
- Genetics is also one of the factors that may affect the proper functioning of your skin as a barrier against harmful substances. Therefore, if either one of the parent or both suffers from the condition, it is very likely that their children too will suffer from it.
- Abnormal functioning of your body's immune system can also lead to this skin condition. This is because it's your body's immune system that fights off infections as well as harmful intruders.
- The presence of the bacteria called Staphylococcus aureus, which brings about sweat buildup, inflames the skin considerably, leading to this condition.
- Even environmental factors like pollen, cigarette smoke lead to the flaring of eczema.
How can you prevent an eczema outbreak?
It is very common for this skin condition to flare-up from time to time. But you can avoid such outbreaks or reduce their severity by following these very simple ways:
- Keep your skin well-moisturized so that it doesn't dry out causing further irritation.
- Sudden changes in temperature can cause the skin condition to break out. So, when the weather is hot, keep yourself cool but during cold weather, use a humidifier to prevent the skin from drying out.
- Keep sweating in check as it can cause an outbreak very easily
- Avoid the use of harsh detergents and soaps, woolen materials as well as the consumption of foods that may lead to flare-ups