Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ArvindYour feedback matters!
No matter how much time you spend researching on how to take care of your newborn, once your child is delivered, the first few weeks will leave you frantic and overwhelmed. However, there are a few tips which new parents must keep in mind.
Handling a newborn:
- Since babies have a weak immune system and are susceptible to infections, it is of paramount importance that anyone who handles your child has clean and sanitized hands.
- You also need to be careful about always supporting and cradling your child's head and neck since the muscles in his or her neck are weak at birth, and babies only develop head control after six months.
- Never shake your newborn baby whether playfully or out of frustration. Shaking the baby can cause bleeding in the brain or in severe cases, death. Tickle your child's feet to wake him or her up.
- Not only is it important to make sure that your baby is fastened securely in the car seat, stroller or carrier, you must also restrain from activities which may be bouncy or rough.
Firstly, you must decide whether you want disposable or cloth diapers for your infant. Babies go through at least ten diapers a day (irrespective of whether they are cloth or disposable). While diapering, you must keep in mind to not leave your baby unattended on the changing tables. So get all the supplies such as clean diaper, diaper ointment (in case of rash), fasteners, diaper wipes and warm water, before changing his or her diaper.
Newborn babies need to be given a sponge bath with warm water and very little soap till the navel and/or the circumcision heals completely. This can take about one to four weeks. After being healed, the baby should be bathed twice or thrice a week since frequent bathing may damage the baby's skin.
Breastfeeding and Burping:
Doctors recommend feeding the baby on demand i.e. whenever your baby is hungry. Crying, putting fingers in the mouth, or making sucking noises convey that the baby is hungry. A newborn baby needs to be fed every couple of hours.
Burping is important so that the air consumed during the feedings can be let out since it makes the baby fussy. Patting or rubbing a baby's back usually helps them to burp or pass gas.
Related Tip: "Viral Fever In New Born Babies"
Measles refer to an infection caused by a virus. It mainly affects the respiratory system and its onset is accompanied by high fever, runny nose, frequent coughing and itchy rashes all over the face. It is extremely contagious and spreads through saliva or even mucus. This infection has several symptoms. Some of them are:
- Persistent coughing: Affecting the respiratory system, the onset of measles can be identified by persistent and a nagging cough, one that refuses to recuperate.
- Fever: As discussed above, if you are infected by the measles virus, chances are very high that you will suffer from extremely high fever. It is often accompanied by chills.
- Sore throat: The throat forms an important part of the respiratory system and if it is infected, its repercussions can be felt in the throat. You will have extreme difficulty in eating or swallowing food when suffering from measles.
- Small white spots develop inside the mouth: Sometimes you may notice outbreak of small white spots in the interior of your mouth. In case you do, do not take it lightly. This is an important symptom of measles and you must consult a doctor immediately.
Notwithstanding the contagious nature of the infection, there are various treatments available in order to treat this infection. Some of them are:
- Acetaminophen: This is used to relieve one of fever as well as pain in the muscles.
- Take rest: Suffering from measles is an extremely uncomfortable situation and taking rest always helps. Your immune system, being infected by a virus is rattled and needs sufficient rest to recuperate.
- Drink lots of water: Nothing can be an alternative to water. Therefore when suffering from measles, drink as much water as you can. Try to drink at least six to seven glasses of water, a day in order to purge your system.
My daughter is 10 yrs. Old. She has the problem of snoring, nostrils block when she feels so hot in summers. She had an operation from ent doctor in her throat since two years. After operation the problem was clear. But now it is repeated from 6-8 months. Now she takes homoepathy treatment but no response is here. She is fatty also. Her weight increases day by day. Now she is 44 kg. What should I do.
Hello doctor I have a four month baby by cesarean can I take alcohol now little bit sometime as my baby take breastfeed.
Dr. My child is 4 year old boy, from last 6 months, I is having cough, after blood test, Dr. Advised about allergy, he is under medication from last 5 months, medicine -montek LC, but still is under trouble, Please advise better suggestion.
Hi, My son is 2 years old he don't want to eat anything except milk and some sweet things and he don't want to eat anything like spicy things even rice also so what can I do?
I have a 4 months old baby girl she sleeps too less during day she hardly sleeps 15-30 mins and during night she sleeps 1 hr and wakes up then sleeps again for around 30 min and wakeup again and then sleeps again after 15-20 mins and continues same thing till morning. She gets proper feed. What can be the reason and solution for this so she can get proper sleep?
I want to know about tubercolotitis media, how it can be diagnose and how it can be cured, and also I want to know about it symptoms.
My son- 1 year 3 month age, body very weak- 8.100 kg weight. Only, in his blood test- found ammonia very high 4.8, calcium very low, blood low, so to control ammonia to reduce which food will I give and which food to avoid, which food will give to increase blood, calcium, please Doctor give suggestion.?
My daughter is 12 years old she is suffering with cough since birth and her weight is 22 kg.Kindly advise?
A study suggests that two cups of milk a day is ideal for toddlers. Consuming more than that can reduce iron stores raising the risk of anaemia
Also says children from age one to till eight needs two cup of milk and from nine to 18 need three cups of milk or its equivalent each day