Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. Arun ShahYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from migraine from past 2 years. What are the precautions can I take to reduce the frequency of headache.
Dear sir, Mujhe epilepsy Hain but Meri wife ko nhi. Humdono baby chahate Hain. 1) Mera epilepsy Hain for bhi main 100%fit hnu But main medicine leta hnu pichhle 8 years se (epilepx chorono 500 twice daily) 2) sex krne k aage ya pregnant hone k aage hum dono ko koi medicine ya sabhdhaniya abalamban krna chahiye? 3) Kya kre ki jis se Mera baby fit reh or koi mere trah problem nhi ho? Please koi successful medicine ya upay bataiye ye Mera baby ka future ka sawal Hain sir.
When ever I hold any thing with my fingers they starts to just fumbling there is no balance in then, they does not stay still. Help me plz.
What is the difference between seizure attack and panic attack. What do we call if someone gets sudden feeling of fear. Losing concentration. Becoming very sluggish. Unable to think logically. Mind goes blank. Unable to have restful sleep. Sudden change in appearance and behaviour and you will have this condition suddenly without any reason and whenever it happens others able to identify easily and by taking tablet at that time will make you normal again within couple of minutes. And no idea when it will reoccur again. What is it? why it happens and what to do to not to happen? Please advise.
That Sir, my wife aged 46 years had undergone brain tumor surgery in Kolkata on 23rd February, 2012. Tumor was detected in the IVth Ventricle (Ependymoma) of her brain after conducting CT Scan and MRI tests. Biopsy of the tumor extracted during surgery showed WHO Grade II. Due to brain tumor surgery, she has developed double and blurred vision. VEP test was carried out as per the advice of a senior ophthalmologist but nothing fruitful result was achieved. She even cannot attend her normal daily routine and most of the time urinal occurs on bed. One Assistant is always required to look after her. She even cannot move freely and cannot stand on her own feet for attending nature�s call, taking food and medicines of her own etc. Etc. If she is forced to walk with the help of any Assistant, she complains of headache and other problems and easily starts sweating. In the mean time, several doctors were contacted and medicines were prescribed and consumed but no successful result could be obtained. Dr. , Neurosurgeon of , Kolkata was also contacted and he prescribed PACITANE tab. To be taken twice daily in July, 2014 which she took for a number of days but it yielded no result. He advised for MRI. A fresh MRI was conducted on 30.09. 2014 (MRI Report enclosed) which shows that there is small enhancing recurrent tumor in aqueductal region. Enhancing dural thickening at left front-temporo-parietal region. Furthermore, Dr. Consultant Neurosurgeon, Hospital.
If all medical test is good what I need if I still have problems. I did crp test ckrm test CBC blood / kidney /liver / thyroid/sugar test / control test/ urine test. Chest xray/ ct scan on brain /sinus/ echo cardiogram. All my test came back normal. But I still get symptoms mostly in head. Do I need to worry. Or maybe Its anxiety.
I have some wounds on head. How to cure it? Will it cause hair fall? How it is appearing all over head?
Migraine Clinical Picture
What Symptoms Occur During a Migraine Attack? •
Migraineurs have recurrent, severe, and disabling attacks of headache, often unilateral and pulsating, along with symptoms of sensory disturbance, such as light, sound, and odor sensitivity. Nausea and neck stiffness are other common symptoms, and symptoms can be aggravated by movement.
• Some patients experience dizziness during attacks.
• About 20–30% of patients experience aura and neurological symptoms (e.g., visual disturbances), which usually precede the headache phase of an attack.
• Premonitory symptoms such as yawning, irritability, tiredness, cravings, and difficulty concentrating sometimes precede headache onset.
What Is Migraine Aura, and What Symptoms Can Occur?
• An aura is any neurological symptom that occurs shortly before the headache attack. Visual symptoms (e.g., flickering lights or zigzag phenomena), somatosensory symptoms (e.g., paresthesias), speech problems, and rarely, motor symptoms can occur during aura.
• Symptoms usually last >5 and <60 minutes.
• Before migraine can be diagnosed, other possible neurological deficits must first be excluded.
• Cortical spreading depression (see below) is thought to be the pathophysiological cause.
What Can Trigger a Migraine?
• Shortness of sleep, irregular sleep, or too much sleep
• Stress (or in some patients, relaxation from stress)
• Alcohol (e.g., red wine)
• Caffeine (e.g., coffee, chocolate)
• Foods containing glutamate or aspartame
• Vasodilating drugs (e.g., nitrates) Epidemiology
How Many People Are Affected by Migraine?
• Women: about 13–18% of the population
• Men: about 5–10% of the population
• Numbers may be lower in Asian populations Chronic Migraine About 4% of the adult population experiences chronic headache, i.e., headache on 15 or more days a month. About half of this group has chronic migraine, and the other half has chronic tension-type headache Disorders/Abnormalities That Can Be Comorbid with Migraine
• Back pain
• Stroke and cardiac disease
• Childhood vomiting
ONLY HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINES CAN CONTROL THIS