Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Arun KhatavkarYour feedback matters!
I have an problem that my mouth smells bad even I brush my teeth daily so what you suggest to do because it is very bad thing I think.
I am getting a new molar teeth on the right upper jaw, which is still not grown completely and I am getting pain on the gum as its getting swollen. Doctor's advice was that it must be removed because it is growing in cross way. Is there any other precaution or should I go for removal of tooth.
Hello sir, due to chewing of rajnigandha gutka, my mouth not opening properly. So pls advise and last but not least I have not eat gutka since 22 dec2015.
I have a puss inside my mouth nearby the last teeth, what should I do? Its painful and previously also not the same kind but these pus type infections keep happening in and around my throat? Whats the reason? Whenever I have such infections I consult doctors and they prescribe strong dose of Antibiotics to me and gets cured but same issue arises again and again after few time. Pls help out.
I have pain in a teeth .I asked a doc he advice to perform rct. Is this OK or I should remove it out. Please help.
Sir Mein apne teeth ko lekar bhaut preshan hun Teeth main se badbu bhi aati Hai or khun bhi aata Hai sab mujh se preshan Hai kabhi kabhi apne aap hi jaad swell ho jati Hai agar aap meri help kijiye
I am 20 years old, couple of years ago I started noticing I have smaller jaw and my teeth are protruding. Do I need to have a jaw surgery with braces or later will do the work.
Dental implants are generally identified as substitutes for tooth roots. Besides, replacing damaged or decayed teeth, implants also provide a strong foundation for both permanent as well as removable replacement teeth.
There are loads of advantages of dental implants:
- Better overall appearance of teeth, since they are made to fuse with the bone
- Unlike removable dentures, implants are much more comforting as well as convenient
- Higher self-esteem as you will feel better about yourself
- Improved speech quality in the long run
- Eating becomes comparatively easier with implants rather than sliding dentures, because they function like your own teeth
- Improved oral health
- Good durability (can even last a lifetime if taken good care of)
Generally, dental implants have a very impressive success rate (up to 98%). This can differ, however, based on the placement of the implants.
Who can go for dental implants?
- Patients must have healthy gums
- Must have sufficient bone strength to hold the implants in place
- Must be dedicated to maintaining good oral hygiene
- Must visit dentist regularly
There are many steps involved in getting an implant:
- An individualized treatment plan, addressing all your specific needs and prepared by a team of professionals, well versed in oral surgery and restorative dentistry
- Placement of the tooth root implant into the bone socket of the missing tooth
- Attachment of a small connector post known as an abutment, which securely keeps the new tooth intact
- Attachment of a crown (the replacement tooth) to the abutment
The operation is normally administered under a local anesthesia. The whole process is not harmful at all, to say the least, and people have reported that a normal tooth extraction cause much more pain than a dental implant operation.
Related Tip: "Why You Must Not Delay Getting Your Dental Implants?"