Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arun Ghatnekar
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Arun GhatnekarYour feedback matters!
I am male my hormones are very less which is not in range and I am suffering with homo sexual problems is there any solutions to become normal man.
My friend sanaullah is suffering from premature ejaculation and some liquid drop comes out whenever he sees any adult video. What should he do?
I suffer with much problem of masturbation daily. I can't control my self. Please suggest me what I am do. Any medicine or other treatment. Please.
I have sex problem my penis is so hard when it is in exited state. It is going to be thin continuously.
I have been diagnosed atlist 5 times for very low sperm count. Its below 1M. Some time I feel very sorry to my wife and family being only child to my parents. I have consulted a few psychologists and sexologist who were good to get consultant whereas no result. I am broken up, can any one tell me is there no solution for my problem.
Is it okay to take medicine for headache frequently like saridon if you are working in a pressure work environment?
I was suffering from fungal infection from last 6 months. What kind of treatment should I take? Please tell me the best cream for that.
Hello doc, My friend is 24 years old. She is having wheezing problem. Whenever she do little work or just walk some miles she is having breathing problem. Would you please enlighten me in detail and also suggest some test so that we can know the exact problem, she had thyroid problem but now that is under control. Please give me to the point answer not template based. I am hoping for the same. Thanks.
Hello Dr. My mother have a problem in left leg pain in leg and knees and below knee pain and swelling near ankle to feet. Any doctor is not able to diagnosis her problem her problem is from many years. Many medicines she has try but not any solution. Some Dr. Say that she has an arthritis and some say faleria. Please suggest me what to do and also me any good doctor for her.?
I'm 30 years old male and I have been suffering with yeast infection since last one month I had consulted with local doctor in my area and he has prescribed me a tablet I can't remember the name but it was 2 pill box and supposed to be taken once in 5 days and He also advised candid Cream, but that has not solved my problem and am still getting the infection in every alternate days now since last 3 days the foreskin of my penis has become irritated, redness and burning sensation is constantly present and am unable to move the foreskin behind, Please suggest.
I am 48 years old ,a diabetic patient. With controlled sugar level, but my stomach is not cleared after taking cremaffin syrup. What I do? please help me.
Obesity is the new-age lifestyle disease with multiple ramifications. While its effects on the physical aspects are very evident, the damage it does to the brain are more severe, though not obvious. Read on to know some harmful effects of obesity on the emotional well-being.
- Leads to binge eating: There is a certain pleasure in eating sugary and fatty food, and this is lost with depression. Therefore, to get that emotional satisfaction, people tend to eat more chocolates, cookies, milkshakes, and other weight-accumulating food items, which further add to obesity. Greater the weight gained by a person, lesser the response or happiness from such food products.
- Increases impulsivity: The area of the brain known as orbitofrontal cortex, which is in charge of controlling impulsivity, shrinks in obese people. This results in people eating more impulsively.
- Affects immunity: Obesity is a major cause of inflammation, leading to damage in certain parts of the brain. This impairs the immune system, making the affected person more prone to infections and tissue damage. This leads to increased chances of diabetes, heart disease, stroke, sleeping disorders, eating disorders, etc. The chemical known as C-reactive protein increases as seen on MRIs in obese people, and which is usually seen in patients with chronically increased inflammation.
- Effects on memory: As the BMI increases, there is a decrease in scores of memory tests. This effect is more obvious in women after menopause. With increased fat accumulation, more hormones are released, which affects the memory. Increased inflammation also affects cognition and memory.
- Increased risk of dementia: With more belly fat accumulating, there is extra stress on the body to burn the visceral fat. This reduces brain size and causes certain hormones to release, which further affects the body’s ability to remember things. It has been proven that people with smaller brain size are at greater risk for developing dementia.
- Weight loss stress adding to more stress: When obesity sets in and the BMI goes up, there is an added pressure to lose weight, which further ups the stress levels. During these dieting days, the brain is constantly alert and finds ways to eat more. This also leads to excess eating. Moreover, there are indications that there could be genetic changes during this phase, which may leave a permanent mark in the person’s composition.
- Depression: When a person is not happy with their reflection in the mirror, the chances of feeling good and happy are very less. In this age, where aesthetics plays a major morale booster, an obese image staring back does not help at all.
So, if you have a risk of obesity, watch out. It is not just how you look, but how you feel is also altered. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.