Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arshee Ahmed
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Arshee AhmedYour feedback matters!
I have been very irregular with my daily food habits last during January month. My physique has gone down a lot during that period and now even after 3 months of good nutrition I am not seeing much recovery. What should I do?
I have eye power of -6 how can I reduce it what are the necessary steps are needed to improve my eyesight.
I get burning sensation in my eyes most of the times of the day. I sit in front of computer for a long time everyday but even if I do not sit, even when I go out in sun or in a windy day it hurts my eyes and I have deep dark circles under eyes Please help.
I won't sleep in nights and more I work on system. I am working night shifts. Please suggest me the best solution to protect my eyes and get the sleep well.
I am having irritation in my eyes what should I do is there any problem or not I must take precautions or consult a Dr. Please tell.
I have + .5 eye power. Without my glasses I see blurred images of objects few metres away. Is it normal? Is there any way to restore my vision?
Sir mera left eye 6 month se Jada dikhai nahi derai qki akho ka ander kuch white jaal bond korke rakha hei. Sir please tell me soln. And mera ling (penis) bohut small hogya sir avi kya korne se uche bora kor sokenge pls tell tips.
Hi, I was with my aunt & uncle over a month and I have seen there my uncle treat my aunt like an animal he beat her regularly that in front of my eyes with belts wire , charger of laptop etc my aunt somehow managed me to send out me my home now I am in my home but since the things that I seen there regularly comes in mind I didn't even sleep sometimes what should I do or please suggest me advice me deeply I never expected anything that my Uncle did with my aunt there I got very much depressed and mentally ill please suggest me what should I do what should my parents do and my family.
1) Can visual impairment in only one eye cause lazy eye? 2) when I cover my one eye and see only with right eye then I see thing blurred (not too much but it is noticeable) can this be normal. Can this lead to lazy eye?
Glaucoma: An Overview
This disease can be developed or inherited; it usually refers to the accumulation of fluid inside a person's eyes leading to excessive pressure on his or her optic nerve.
How to Diagnose the Symptoms of Glaucoma:
- A Fundamental Eye Examination: An experienced eye doctor will check the dilated pupils of your eyes so as to take a closer look at the optic nerve that further discerns the stage of glaucoma a patient is in. Doctors tend to keep track on the sequential progression of glaucoma and its specific mode of treatment through pictures of the optic nerve taken during an examination.
- Tonometry may also be performed: Signs of Glaucoma may be spotted through the procedure called tonometry where the doctor will test a person's eye pressure and so on so forth. A visual field test might also be conducted to check if the patient can see things at the periphery of his line of vision.
Symptoms that will help a doctor identify this condition in people:
- A loss of peripheral vision is experienced in the early stages of glaucoma.
- A person may see halos when in the presence of bright lights.
- Your eyes could turn red.
- Hazy or blurry vision is a problem faced by young children affected with glaucoma.
- Glaucoma could be accompanied by headaches and eye pain.
- An affected person might repeatedly feel nauseous.
Ways to Treat Glaucoma:
- Microsurgery can effectively treat Glaucoma: Microsurgery can be performed in various ways. There is one way in which a channel is made to pump out the fluid creating extra pressure on the optic nerve. This method is referred to as trabeculectomy.
- Eye Drops: Eye drops can relieve you from painful glaucoma. They are known to control the formation of excess fluid in a person's eye. In some cases, they can induce the accumulating fluid to flow out of the patient's eyes.
- Laser Treatment: Laser surgeries can be undertaken to get rid of glaucoma. Laser can help in moving out fluid from the eyes of the affected person. It successfully hinders fluid blockage as well. There are different kinds of laser treatments available to cure glaucoma.