Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Archana
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ArchanaYour feedback matters!
Dengue fever is a disease caused by mosquitoes which mostly occurs in tropical climates. Dengue hemorrhagic fever is a type of dengue fever that may lead to decrease in blood pressure and severe bleeding. Dengue may lead to death if the symptoms of this disease are not treated at the right time. The symptoms of this disease are high fever, muscle ache, pain in the eyes, pain in the abdomen and nausea. It may also lead to respiratory problems such as breathing difficulties. Presence of blood in the stool and blood spots around the skin are some other symptoms of dengue.
The symptoms of this disease start after 5 - 9 days after being bitten by the mosquito. The disease usually lasts about 7-8 days. In case the symptoms worsen, the disease may become life threatening.
The various methods you can employ to protect yourself from dengue are:
- Maintain cleanliness around your surroundings: Make sure you keep your surroundings clean so that mosquito infestations do not occur. Keep your surroundings clean and dry as mosquitoes thrive in moist and humid surroundings.
- Mosquito repellents: Spray mosquito repellents to keep your home free from mosquitoes. Spray them keeping the room locked to make it more effective. There are multiple types of repellents available such as liquid or gas repellents.
- Clothes: You should preferably wear full sleeved clothes so that your skin is not exposed. It provides additional protection from mosquito bites.
- Mosquito nets: Use mosquito nets to protect yourself from mosquitoes when you go to sleep at night. They also provide protection from other insects that may cause infections.
- Don't store waste: Don't store your waste products for long durations as they may turn into a breeding ground for mosquitoes. Clean it regularly and make sure to keep the area dry.
- Using natural remedies: You may use natural remedies such as burning camphor as it repels mosquitoes. Take camphor and burn it for 20 minutes in a closed room to get rid of the mosquitoes.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello Doc, I am 19 years old. I had a protected sex with my boyfriend today morning approx. We had sex before were he used condom but it got break. I had a emergency pills after 3 hrs so that time I was safe. This time We had a sex and he was more protective this time. He used 3 condoms at a time and when he understand that his sperms are getting out he immediately stopped inter-coursing. I didn't have a pills later. I was not eating for 3 days 2 days before our sex. Now my problem is I'm losing my consciousness after few hours. I sugar, I had good amount of food, but still I'm losing my consciousness. I want your suggestion what is it all about. And is it OK or it is a serious issue.
Ayurveda has tons of good remedies available for common ailments. From a headache to skin problems, migraine to obesity, acid reflux to diabetes, there is a host of conditions that Ayurveda can treat. While the complexity of a particular condition decides the period it takes for the body to get a full care, Ayurvedic remedies work best when it is applied during the initial stages of a particular ailment.
Here is a list of six common Ayurvedic remedies that can treat common ailments without having to visit a doctor:
- Common cold: The common cold may not be a serious threat to a person’s health, but it can seriously hinder the daily schedule. Not to mention, if the condition is not treated early, it can aggravate to serious conditions such as pneumonia, bronchitis, asthma etc. An Ayurvedic cure for treating common cold includes consumption of ginger in the form of tea, black pepper, and long pepper. They can reduce inflammation of the lungs and get the mucous out of the body.
- Diabetes: Diabetes is a serious threat to a person of any age. This is attributed to poor lifestyle, bad diet and lack of exercise. Ayurveda recommends fresh fruits and vegetables in the diet, a healthy lifestyle and quitting caffeine. Apart from this, consumption of herbs such as turmeric can greatly help to keep the blood sugar at the optimum level. Practicing of breathing techniques and yoga can further help to keep diabetes under control.
- Acid reflux: Acid reflux has become a common phenomenon these days. Due to unhealthy eating habits and untimely consumption of food, acid reflux can occur to anyone. If proper care is not taken on time, it can aggravate to indigestion and heartburn. Drinking a glass of aloe vera juice regularly can give instant relief from chronic acid reflux. Basil leaves are another great source of Ayurvedic remedy to treat this condition.
- Obesity: It is estimated that over 13% of the world population suffers from obesity. Obesity can have serious repercussions if the extra pounds are not shedded on time. Some serious cardiovascular and breathing problems surface from this condition. A good diet and physical exercise help largely to get rid of extra pounds. Ayurveda recommends a juice of honey and lemon in lukewarm water to be consumed daily.
- Migraines: Migraines can wreak havoc on the life of an individual. It takes several days for a chronic migraine to go away and get temporary relief. Ayurveda suggests practicing of yoga and pranayama to get relief from this condition. Apart from this, daily consumption of turmeric in the form of supplement, tablets or as a whole can greatly help to stay away from a migraine in the first place.
- Dandruff: Dandruff is another common problem that many people face in their daily life. It is a condition where the scales get separated from the scalp and makes the head dry. Ayurveda suggests usage of fenugreek seeds and lime to get rid of this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Your eyes are one of the most important sense organs, which help in perceiving up to 80 percent of all major impressions. All your important daily activity like reading, internet surfing, driving etc are done with the help of your eyes. You should never take your eyes for granted. There are many ways in which you can take care of your eyes to ensure that you see and experience the world at its very best.
- Quit Smoking: Smoking makes you vulnerable to a majority of health related problems. When it comes to the health of your eyes, smoking can place you at a risk of uveitis (inflammation of the middle layer of your eye which includes ciliary body, iris and choroid) and cataracts (clouding of the lens in your eyes leading to a blurry vision).
- Wear sunglasses: Proper sunglasses can protect you from the harmful ultra violet (UV) rays of the sun. You should still use sunglasses even if your contact lenses offer UV protection. Too much of UV rays can cause pingeucula (yellow bump on the eyeball) and other serious eye problems. Polarized lenses can help to give your eyes proper protection while driving.
- Screen time: Minimize the amount of time staring at the computer screen as it can cause
- Eye strain
- Dry eyes
- Head ache
- Back and shoulder pain
- Anti- Glare: Use an anti-glare screen on your computer at work so that the strain and pressure on your eyes are less.
- Regular exercise: Exercise such as walking can prevent degeneration of the macula (present in the center of the retina in your eyes) which typically occurs by the time you reach the age of 60.
- Don't Ignore: You should look at changes in your vision as an early warning sign. The changes would include difficulty to see in low light, hazy and double vision, along with abnormal swelling and severe pain in your eyes.
You should visit your eye doctor for check ups at least once every two years. Eye diseases like diabetic retinopathy have no early warning symptoms and can only be diagnosed through a comprehensive eye exam. You should also ensure that the prescription for your contact lenses and eye glasses are up to date. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.