Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ArathiYour feedback matters!
I have joint pain in my knees, it increases in rainy, cloudy days and no other problem like redness or swelling. My vitamin d level may be low in body.
Good morning. I feel very sleepy in afternoon. Though I take good sleep at night but still I do not able to work properly at office. It feels very shameful for me as I am only 23 years old now. So can you pls suggest me something. I will be very thankful to you.
He had cough since last four years. He never took cigarette. He is also suffering from bp and diabetes. Doctors said that cough will remain 20-25%,but sometimes he lost his breath when coughing.
My mother is 48 years old she is suffering from varicose vein since 4 months. She is taking ayurvedic medicine now. But no improvement. Should we go for allopathy?
I have problem that my health is good and some weakness in body and I feal pain full today what can I do please help me and also Feal like fever.
My mother is 54 years old. Since a few months she is experiencing acute pain that radiates from her left side neck until her head. Its getting worser everyday. She can't turn her head to her sides. Please advise a cure.
I am going to married soon & want to know in detail about first time sex. Please explain in brief. How to do & which brand & flavour condom to be used? How to ready your partner.
I do not have any problem but I want to do sex for at least 30 mins. Kindly suggest me a tablet which I can use before sex and which have no side effect.
Hello Doctor, I take a table as per the need which has a composition of Montelukast 10 mg and Fexofenadine 120 mg. I would like to know whether I can donate blood after having this tablet with a gap of at least 24 hrs. Also, my blood pressure, sugar level and cholesterol level is on the border of high level (reaching). Can I donate blood?
I am a 38yr old female and have headache regular one day in a week for last 8 years. What should I do?
I have a TSH 10.17. T3 value is 0.874 ng/ml and T4 value is 9.62ug/dl. I have migraine so when I consult neurologist then I came to know about TSH level increased doctor gave me thyronorm 25 microgm for TSH and I'm taking that from 4 days but I still have weakness in Irritability Nervousness Muscle weakness and extreme fatigue so what should I do please help.
I had piles and fissure operation before 8 months and after this I am not having proper smooth toilet many times. Due to this, I need to take Isapgol husk powder to make toilet smooth. If I avoid taking this powder then toilet is not getting smoother and due to this I can have fissure from outside. Please tell me what should I do here? What care I need to take to avoid this issue? Thanks in advance!
Dear Mam/Sir Myself anoop nautiyal I am doing gym from last 6 months but my stomach is not getting in shape day by day it is increasing. On the advise of my gym trainer I quit to eat chappati and rice. Now I only eat daal and vegetables. Brown bread. As I work in hotel. Please suggest me how to get control over my tummy.
My brother aged about 17 is suffering from sudden headache from several days. He wants to learn embroidery a needlework and was doing the same, he was working on a black cloth suddenly he losses control and went insane. Now he stopped to work but he frequently is suffering from severe sudden headache and we see him trembling and after that he comes In consciousness only after half an our. What to do Aaj tak puri zindagi me koi medicine nahi khayi hai. Is liye dawa khane se mana kar diya hai. Achanak se usko ko chakar aajata hai aur behosh ho jata hai aur sath me kanpraha hota hai. Hum kafi pareshaan ho jate hai. Koi solution bata dijiye.. Hope you have understand my query.
I am suffering from acidity from long time, I am writing here because I want a proper food chart which I can follow daily, please suggest me a food chart. I am belong to a bengali middle class family, please suggest me according to that, and yes most of the fruits I can not digest easily. So suggest me something with less fruits.
Headache is a pain in any part of the head, including the scalp, upper neck, face (including the eye area).
A primary headache is caused by problems with or overactivity of pain-sensitive structures in your head. A primary headache isn't a symptom of an underlying disease.
What are the causes and triggers?
The three most common causes of a primary headache are:
- Cluster headache
- Tension-type headache
Some primary headaches can be triggered by lifestyle factors, including:
- Alcohol, particularly red wine
- Certain foods, such as processed meats that contain nitrates
- Changes in sleep or lack of sleep
- Poor posture
- Skipped meals
Doctors focus on determining whether a headache has another cause. They also check for symptoms suggesting that a headache is caused by a serious disorder. If no cause is identified, they focus on identifying which type of a headache is present.
Tips that could help before seeking consultation:
- Try to keep stress in check. Stay organized and prepared to minimize stressful situations. Have some fun, and don't overdo it at work.
- Try incorporating meditation or yoga in your daily regime
- Apply a heating pad, hot water bottle or warm compress to aching muscles. Or take a hot shower.
- Apply an ice pack wrapped in a towel to the neck.
- Practice good posture to ease muscle strain. While standing, keep shoulders back and head level, buttocks and abdomen pulled in. While sitting, keep your head straight and thighs parallel to the floor.
When to seek consultation?
In people with headaches, certain characteristics are cause for concern; these people should immediately seek medical consultation:
- It occurs more frequently than usual
- Are more severe than usual
- Worsen or don't improve with appropriate use of over-the-counter drugs
- Prevent you from working, sleeping or participating in normal activities
- Headaches that cause you distress, and you would like to find treatment options that enable you to control them better
- Tenderness at the temple (as when combing hair) or jaw pain when chewing
- The presence of cancer or a disorder that weakens the immune system
- Use of a drug that suppresses the immune system
- Red eyes and halos seen around lights
- If you are experiencing certain other symptoms like- headaches that increase in frequency or severity, headaches that begin after age 50, worsening vision, weight loss
A headache can be a symptom of a serious condition, such as a stroke, meningitis or encephalitis. Go to a hospital emergency room or your local emergency number if you have the worst headache of your life, a sudden, severe headache or a headache accompanied by:
- Confusion or trouble understanding speech
- Fainting, drowsiness, confusion
- High fever, greater than 102 f to 104 f (39 c to 40 c)
- Numbness, weakness or paralysis on one side of your body
- Stiff neck
- Trouble seeing, speaking or walking
- Nausea or vomiting (if not clearly related to the flu or a hangover)
If people with none of the above symptoms or characteristics start having headaches that are different from any they have had before or if their usual headaches become unusually severe, they should call a doctor.
Doctors can usually determine the type or cause of headaches based on the medical history, symptoms, and results of a physical examination. Depending on their other symptoms, the doctor may advise taking an analgesic or ask them to come for an evaluation.