Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Aparna GhoshYour feedback matters!
Lumps are usually harmless and do not raise serious concerns. However, if the lump persists for more than two weeks, it may be a serious issue. Lumps are categorized based on their place of occurrence and each of them demand separate treatment. Learn the signs of danger related to lumps and take action accordingly.
Reason behind formation of Lumps
Injury is one of the major causes behind lumps. If the lump is painful, one must consult a doctor immediately. There can be various other causes behind lumps, which depend upon its place of occurrence.
- Epidermoid and pilar cysts (sebaceous cysts) appear as small smooth lumps under the surface of one’s skin. Such cysts are non-cancerous, hence, can be treated easily.
- Swollen lymph glands generally occur in neck or in groin or under the armpit. Usually, any infection results in swollen lymph glands. However, in certain cases it may be caused by cancer.
- Skin abscess is a term given to collection of pus. e.g. boils. Symptoms of skin abscess consist of redness and swelling.
- Style or Chalazion causes swelling on the eyelids.
- Lump in the salivary glands happens due to mumps
- Swelling in the thyroid glands may cause lump in the neck region. This lump may encompass the entire third gland or a part of it.
- Breast lumps occur in both men and women. Generally, they do not indicate breast cancer. Any abnormal swelling in the breast must be immediately shown to the doctor.
- Hernia or enlarged lymph gland may result in a lump in the groin.
- If a person experiences swelling in the scrotum, he must immediately consult a doctor.
- Lump in the anus can be caused due to piles. The small vessels engulfing the anus may get swelled piling up more blood than usual. Other than a pile, abscess could also be the reason behind lump.
- Lump on the hand, wrist, finger may occur due to ganglion. Such cysts may develop around joints or tendons.
Signs which indicate you must get your lump checked by a doctor
- If the lump gets hard or firm
- If the lump gets sore
- If the lump gets enlarged
- If the lump doesn’t vanish within few days
- If your body temperature rises more than normal
- If you experience abnormal loss in weight
- If you experience any such abnormalities
- If the lump reappears post removal
If any of the above sign occurs, it is better to consult a doctor and get your lump checked. In most cases, lumps are harmless and non-cancerous. But it is better to take precaution.
For any specific problem or for any further discussion, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Lovemaking is an essential aspect of any healthy relationship yet some couples are not aware of how the bodies change during the intercourse. While making love, a woman’s body goes through four different stages that trace the evolution of her sexual desire. Each stage has its own characteristics of specific physical responses and the woman’s breasts play a vital role in making the experience a pleasing one.
1. The excitement phase: This is the first stage of having sex where the mutual stimulation prepares the vagina. The first sign of sexual arousal is experiencing a vaginal lubrication that typically happens within 10 to 30 seconds of the stimulation. As the excitement builds up, the amount of fluid increases and the nipples also become erect. This happens mainly due to the contractions in small muscle fibres that respond to the sexual arousal.
2. The plateau phase: This is when the sexual stimulation is even more intense and the orgasm is just about to occur. The opening of the vagina narrows by about 30 percent for gripping the male genitals. Sometimes the colour of the inner vaginal lips also changes from pink to bright red. And the whole body reacts to the sexual arousal, and about 50- 75 percent of women across the world experience red spots resembling measles in and around the breasts, face, neck and buttocks. This is called as sex flush.
3. Orgasm: This is the juncture when the female body reaches the throes of the sexual pleasure and is immediately followed by relaxation. The breasts can swell by up to 25 percent at this stage. This makes the breasts ultra-sensitive and much larger than their original size. The nipple stimulation leads to the activation of same areas of the brain like the vaginal, cervical and clitoral stimulation. And the nipples turn from a pale to a deeper hue with the increase in the blood flow during the arousal.
4. Resolution phase: At this stage, the rate of blood pressure as well as heart rate fall as the woman calms down at this stage. But if sexual stimulation continues, then the resolution phase would span a very short time and the woman is likely to go back to the first three stages for further orgasms that lead to temporary enlargement of breasts.
Thus there is nothing to be worried about if you experience swelling of breasts when you are sexually aroused. However, if you feel that your breasts have become tender or causing any sort of abnormalities, then you must speak with a sexologist without further delay.
I am 27 years old I am married I had did 1 mistake as I was not aware about that . I was completed my period date on 7th July on 9th July I made relationship and on 10th July I eaten ipill after 1 week on 18 again period came since 18 till now I facing same issue please suggest as well as I was suffering from nee pain I eaten other medicine also.
The least detectable and most comfortable material available is Swiss Lace Hair Skin/Hair Patch/Toupee/Hair Unit. Swiss Lace Hair Skin/Hair Patch/Toupee/Hair Unit, totally disappears when attached. It’s of delicate nature and all Lace Hair Skin, it is not suitable for first time hair wearers.
Features of Swiss Lace Hair Skin/Hair Patch/Toupee/Hair Unit:
Highly Ventilated, Comfortable for Scalp
High Level of Scalp Hygiene maintained
Hair closer to scalp are bleached in skin color to give natural look.
Available in high and low density of hair
Best quality processed Human hair (Remy) used
Most Natural look, skin colored, very thin and fine net.
Undetectable appearance, most suitable for back combing style and for frontal baldness
Can be used for Weaving, Bonding, Microwefting and Full Taping methods.
Hi. I need advice from female homeopathic doc. I am 27 year old girl and have been married for 11 months. I am facing this strange problem where while having intercourse I feel as if my vagina is shut, preventing the penetration. No matter how many times we try, it doesn't yield any result. I feel very sensitive down there (at certain point, while in the act) and also feel the problem is increasing as the time passes. Earlier it was not as sensitive but now I have to ask my husband to stop and lay still on me until that feeling subsides. After a lot of internet research, I feel I am suffering from vaginismus. I have had only 2-3 intercourse when the penetration happened successfully (which were around 4 months back) At that time I did not have any such sensitive feeling. After that it just used to get stuck at the vagina, not moving further in. But now the vagina just doesn't allow and as soon as I experience that sensation I have to ask my husband to stop and be perfectly still. Now I don't look forward to sex. Kindly diagnose and prescribe. I feel so low that all problems I have are of such nature where I cant even openly talk about them.
Facial hair in women can be an embarrassing and touchy subject. While people may notice it and avoid speaking about it, the stare that lasts for just a second longer on your face will be uneasy. It is time you get rid of it and stop grabbing more attention than you need:
1. Hide it: Some of the most common methods to hide facial hair are bleaching, threading, waxing, depilation or electrolysis. Each of these methods have their advantages and disadvantages. Bleaching, for example, masks the hair for a while and gives it a golden tinge which still makes it less visible. Threading or waxing has to be undertaken at periodic intervals and both may result in thicker hair growth in the surrounding areas. Women who are regular with their body care regimen can try these methods.
2. Destroy it: Use a tweezers to pull it out: This one mostly works on the instinct that you get when you see the hair. It works if you don't have too much hair and just a couple here and there that can be easily pulled out. Sterilize the tweezers with alcohol to avoid infection. You will have to grip near the root and give a firm pull to get rid of the whole thing. It is painful but if done right it can last 3-8 weeks before its replacement shows up.
3. Shave it: Yes, women do it too. Apply a shaving gel or foam and use a disposable razor to clip the hair. Though this is relatively less painful, hair growth afterwards is quite fast so you'll have to be careful to add it to your schedule often enough.
4. Try natural methods: It is slow but cheap and reliable. The visible effects of using natural ingredients for hair removal happens only over a period of time but the results are well worth the wait. Turmeric powder is an ancient remedy for facial and body hair - so much so that Indian brides follow a traditional 'haldi' routine before their wedding. Other natural ingredients you can try include gram flour (besan) and sugar was. You can also give a good rub with a pumice stone.
5. Try Electrolysis: It is the only permanent method but is tedious and requires multiple sessions. It is usually recommended if there are few thick hair limited to one part of body. In this method hair root is destroyed with the help of thin metallic probe connected to a machine through which electricity is delivered to hair roots.
6. Try a laser treatment: Laser is one of the most effective treatments for unwanted body hair. The bright beams of heat and light from the laser directly reaches the roots of the hair, removing it and preventing re-growth for a fair period of time. The downside is that it'll take a few months and prove to be expensive but the results can be well worth the wait as it can permanently remove hair. You may also need multiple sittings to destroy the hair growth completely. If peace of mind is your criteria, then go for it.
If excessive hair is stopping you from living and enjoying your life, consult a professional who can help you find a way.
My gf got pregnant .max 1 month .I wanna do abortion using medicine I already used them before 6 month. Please tell me procedure Nd medicine for decrease pain.
Hi I am 25 years female and married. I am suffering from pcod problem for the past three years. Regards Rashmi.
I am married for 1 year 6 months now and we're thinking of getting pregnant. My friends are suggesting me to take folic acid tablet from now only. But folic acid is making me feel bloated all day. Is this normal? Should I discontinue? What else do I need to know other than folic acid. Please help.
Missed period for two months but the pregnancy test shows negative. What can be the reason of missed period?
I am. Suffering from pcod since 2 years I take metformin about 22 months but since two months my blood sugar is getting low then I stop metformin my whole body is shivering and heart beating increasing never before has been happened me 2 days before my both bp. And sugar was low den doctor admitted me but jus gv only saline 2 bottles I do today sugar fasting it show 91.7 and hba1c 5.2 what shall I do I am. So tensed please suggest me any medicine so that my sugar level will be ok.
Hello doctor I am having trouble in my periods they are not propper and days had reduced from five to three in which even blood flow is not propper suggest me wat to do its alot paining
Me and my wife is plan for a baby but from last one year we can't complete our plan, here I want to confirm one thing that my wife have always some issue with his health like period is always delay always she ask for pain in his legs and the most important is she face a issue of vaginal infection. So Pls advise me what we will do.
This question is for my younger sister. She was 26 years old and very healthy pregnant lady. She had a c section delivery and during the process her blood flowing heavily from her genital and those doctor can't stop that as doctor said and referred to other hospital. After that she went for surgery name called hysterectomy but then also she had not survived. So my question is what is reason of excessive bleeding and after doing hysterectomy also why she could not survive?
Hi My last period may 15th still am not getting period, but I have back pain and period pain from last 1 week ,but no bleeding, today I check urine test (pregakem) it came negative, but still am getting period pain, Tomorrow we planing to go trip so can I take post pone tablet? Pls can you assist me, Am pregnant or no?
Can a single sex can lead to pregnancy? And suppose if the sperm is not ejaculated inside vagina will the girl get pregnant?
A fibroid tumour is made up of muscle cells that have escaped and come together to create a knot or a mass in the uterus. These tumours can occur due to a family history and are usually known to occur for women patients nearing menopause. One of the most common symptoms is unusually heavy menstrual cycles. Let us walk you through the rest of the details.
- Types: Fibroid tumours can be of three types, mainly depending on the location. While submucosal fibroids can be found just under the lining of the uterus, intramural fibroids can be found between the muscles that lie on the walls of the uterus. Finally, the third type - subserol fibroids - go beyond the uterine wall to enter the pelvic cavity.
- Symptoms: Usually, there are no symptoms of these kinds of fibroids. There may be heavy bleeding during the monthly menstrual cycle, as well as swelling and pain in the abdomen. Also, prolonged bleeding is common when these kinds of tumours are present in the body.
- Cause: Fibroid tumours are mostly caused due to an overgrowth of the cells beyond the muscular walls that line the uterus. In such cases, the growth is further fuelled by hormones like estrogen and progesterone. These hormones are usually at their highest level in the body, during the childbearing years of a woman. During menopause, these tumours are known to shrink before they eventually vanish. It is very rare to find malignancy in such tumours.
- Risk: Are you at risk? Well, that depends on your age, family medical history, weight and in some cases, even the ethnicity. These tumours are mostly found in women who are between the age of 30 to 40 years and continues through menopause. Obesity is also a major reason that gives rise to this condition. Further, women of colour are known to develop this more easily while a family history can also increase your chances of the same.
- Tests and Diagnosis: A pelvic exam and an ultrasound as well as a history of your menstrual cycle will help the doctor in determining whether or not you are suffering from this condition.
- Treatment: Non steroid, anti-inflammatory drugs can help in bringing down the swelling and pain, especially in cases where there is heavy menstrual bleeding. Birth control pills and patches with hormones can also help in such cases. Further, progesterone shots and iron supplements may be prescribed. Very severe cases may require surgery for removal with a myomectomy.
Remember to visit your doctor in case you see any nagging symptoms of fibroid tumours.