Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Aparna GhoshYour feedback matters!
Breast sore prior of my periods (10 days. Over body weight My first day bleeding is dark black in colour Viscous fluid.
I am unable to do EVS test because of small vaginal opening. Is it the main cause of my failure to become pregnant because of small vaginal opening.Is it difficult to enter the sperms to their destination because of small opening
Is there anal sex is safe? We both enjoy to do it It should be done with condom? Should I use coconut oil?
I'm 28 years old. Medium physic. Past 2.5 year back I had a C-Section and delivered a girl baby. My question is that, after C-Section, till now the operated Section itch a lot and I'm suffering now and then. Can you please suggest some remedy. And till now I have not applied any cream or ointment, rather applied little coconut oil.
Homeopathy is based on the philosophy that the body, mind and emotions are not really separate and distinct, but are actually fully integrated. Based on this perspective, a homeopath seeks a remedy that fits all of a patient’s physical and psychological symptoms. Although some people’s symptoms may be complex, a well-trained homeopath will know which symptoms should be specially noted, and can choose an effective, individualized remedy.
Prolonged emotional stress can cause physical problems, like upset stomach, difficulty in digesting foods, poor nutrient assimilation, weaker immune system, sleeplessness, etc. The opposite is also true. Illness and physical problems can result in anxiety or emotional uneasiness. Therefore, it is important for a homeopath to conduct an in-depth interview of a patient to ensure a proper, all encompassing remedy.
2. What are the three levels of homeopathic therapy?
Level 1: First Aid
Homeopathy can be used in first aid to safely treat common ailments and occurrences, such as sprains and bruises, minor burns, skin irritations and reactions (including poison ivy, diaper rash and insect bites), teething pain, etc.
Level 2: Acute Homeopathy
Acute health problems are those in which the symptoms will eventually go away on their own. They are temporary conditions, such as colds, flu, coughs, sprains, etc. A homeopathic remedy can be useful and attractive because it is safe, gentle and has no harmful side effects. Homeopathy can also be used to assist sensitive conditions such as pregnancy.
Level 3: Constitutional Homeopathy
Constitutional homeopathy refers to the treatment of a person as a whole, including past and present symptoms. When accurately implemented, homeopathic constitutional care can elicit a profound healing response. Homeopathy can be extremely effective in treating chronic and long-term health problems. Recurrent ear infections, for example, can be treated with a homeopathic remedy for a longer period of time to strengthen the body’s immune system and to prevent future occurrences.
3. What is the relationship between symptoms and homeopathy?
Symptoms are the language of a disease — the body’s attempt to balance itself. Without symptoms, a person could have a potentially life threatening illness with no way of identifying it. There have been many cancer patients who reported that they hadn’t suffered from a cold or flu in years prior to their diagnosis. The explanation was probably not that they didn’t have infections during this period, but more likely that their bodies were unable to fight these infections by producing necessary symptom indications.
Many conventional drugs try to inhibit and suppress symptoms — sometimes leading to even more serious symptoms. Conventional (allopathic) physicians do not usually recognize the new series of symptoms as being related to the old. Thus, they treat them as new and unrelated problems.
Did you know that a fever is the body’s attempt to activate the immune system’s white blood cells and defend itself from infection? If a person is given a symptom-supressing medication — fighting the fever — too soon, they will be less able to fight the actual infection.
Homeopathy does not seek to remove or suppress symptoms. Its goal is to recognize and remove the underlying cause of these symptoms. This is why a homeopath will work toward understanding the whole person — including their body, mind and emotional state — before prescribing a remedy.
4. Can such small doses be effective?
Homeopathic remedies are indeed very small doses. However, they are specially prepared doses which undergo a specific process — including dilution of ingredients (called potentization), as well as a vigorous shaking (succussion).
Specially formulated homeopathic remedies are thought to resonate with the body, triggering a positive healing response. This response gently, and effectively, heals from the inside out.
The documented results from thousands of experienced homeopaths, and from millions of their patients, clearly show that these small, individualized doses produce profound health benefits.
5. How can the correct homeopathic remedy be found?
Finding the appropriate homeopathic remedy depends upon gaining a complete understanding of the patient as a whole person. This means that the homeopath must take note of the physical, mental and emotional levels of each person before deciding on a correct remedy.
Homeopathic remedies have been described as "designer medicines." While this might seem like a simplistic and trendy view of homeopathy, it is true that remedies are specially "designed" for individuals based upon their unique, and sometimes complex, state of being.
Take for example migraine headaches. We could easily demonstrate that one person might have pain on one side of their head, while another person had pain on both sides. Still another person could have nausea accompanying the migraine, and yet another could have dizziness. It is important to recognize that, in addition to the person’s physical symptoms, there are underlying psychological and emotional aspects as well.
Homeopathic remedies are only given when the total continuum of physical and psychological symptoms has been identified.
6. What is the difference between homeopathy and conventional medicine?
Homeopathy is based on a"whole person" approach. In homeopathy, the remedy or treatment program is customized and individualized to the patient, with the intent of removing the underlying cause.
Conventional Medicine’s Approach
Conventional (allopathic) medicine usually relies on treating a patient’s physical symptoms. This treatment might also assume a person’s symptoms need to be controlled, suppressed or eliminated.
The difference may be stated in a simple analogy: eradicating the "symptom" of a car’s low oil level (the warning light) does not change, or remedy, the cause of the signal (low-oil).
Hi doc, got my abortion done on 20th oct by pills. Got my tvs done on 4thnov. As there done on 4thnov. As there were some li'l pieces left. Again I had misoprostol through vaginally pieces left. Again I had misoprost through vaginally but didn't bleed. Doc told me to wait till periods. Now got my periods on 27th nov. Still continued .flow is very light. Blood clots are there. Should I wait for some more days or should make a visit to doc. What to do please suggest.
Hi I had sex today 23 nov 2016 it was protected sex soon after coming home I took an I pill I had my periods on 1st nov 2016 can I get pregnant I ate papaya also today please reply ty.
Is there any painless delivery technique that has emerged newly? I am very afraid of labour pains. please suggest.
My age is 20 years. Meine 20 din pehle apni gf k sath unprotected sex kia tha. Wo uska first time sex tha, meine next morning hi use pill b dilwaya, again next day phir hm log ne unprotected sex kia tha. Kuch din uski tabiyat sahi nai thi. Use sex ke 5-6 din baad period bhi hue the use blood jyda tha. Abi bhi use koi n koi problem rehti jaise nind jyda ati etc. I am worried wo pregnant hai ki nai please mjhe guide kryiye ki agar wo pregnant hai to kya kru agar nai to?
While you are too busy running a rat-race, chasing education, career, and everything extravagant and lavish, you might be slowly slipping away on your chances of parenting a baby. Find that strange and wayward? Well, your fertility might have already started taking a dip. The chances of conception drop down to less than 10% as a woman approaches the mid-thirties and a man, mid-forties. This is because increasing age takes a toll on the quality and the quantity of eggs produced. Chromosomal problems accompanied by risk of miscarriages tend to bring down pregnancy rates. So much so, that a child, born to older parents, might have higher risks of suffering from learning difficulties, psychological disorders and even autism. Not only age, but one’s innate lifestyle habits and practices can also be a few reasons behind infertility.
Age and Fertility: Women’s fertility starts to decline when women are in their early 30s (and the decline speeds up post-35). Men’s fertility starts to decline at 45 years of age. As well as declining fertility, there is an increased risk of pregnancy complications for older mothers and and with older fathers, an increased risk of the child having autism spectrum disorders, mental health disorders and learning difficulties.
Weight and Fertility: Obesity, owing to a sedentary lifestyle and an unhealthy diet, can cause and aggravate hormonal irregularities in both the genders. For men, these imbalances result in coital problems and dip in the sperm count, while for women, they pose threats such as miscarriages, risks of a still-born child and other pregnancy complications. Women who are obese and smoke are more than twice as likely as healthy weight women to have a baby with congenital heart disease.
Substance Abuse: Smoking and excessive consumption of alcohol cause early menopause in women and reduce fertility rates in both the genders.
The Appropriate Timing: If you fail to keep a track of the most fertile period of your menstrual cycle based on the days you ovulate, you might miss out on a good chance of getting pregnant. Pregnancy is technically possible during the five days before ovulation and the day of ovulation. The likelihood of actually becoming pregnant, though, is dramatically increased if you have intercourse in the three days leading up to and including ovulation.
Stress: In today’s times, some amount of stress is unavoidable. However, being subject to constantly high levels of stress on a daily basis ups the secretion of the stress hormone, ‘cortisol’; that eventually takes a toll on one’s libido, thus wreaking havoc on one’s chances and aspirations of parenting a child. Also, what too much stress does is that it mars personal relationships, thus further increasing one’s woes.
Pollutants: With rapid urbanization and unchecked industrialization, the world you live in was never more polluted than now. Such increased and consistent exposure to pollution makes one all the more vulnerable to infertility. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My wife is pregnant 3 months. two weeks back she got a cold and after that she is getting severe headache while sitting in her air conditioned office. She started to inhale steam 3 times. Still no use gynecologist please help.
How to improve sex power and if I intercorse with anybody. It create effect my sex power or mantility.
Takram laghu Kashaya amlam deepanam kaphavatajit | Shopha udara arsha grahani dosha mootragraha aruchihi | pleeha gulma ghritavyapat gara paandu aamayaan jayet || –
Ashtanga Hrudaya Sutra sthana – 5th chapter
Buttermilk finds a special mention in Ayurveda, is described as a drink that even gods are envious of which shows the many benefits of this drink. It is said to improve circulation, detoxifies and cleanses the system and helpful to those with diarrhea and IBS. The other diseases that Buttermilk helps in treating are hypertension, arthrosclerosis and heart disease. Different ways of preparation along with the amount of water is used for different Kapha, Vata, Pitta systems.
Buttermilk- A Delight
- Butter milk does not cause heaviness when consumed. Hence it is known to have the quality “laghu”. It gets digested quickly and easily. Butter milk is usually sour in taste and acts as an astringent. (Due to this property butter milk helps in reducing pores caused by acne and pimples. It reduces hyper motility of intestines during diarrhea and IBS. This property also helps to shrink hemorrhoids).Aggravated Kapha and Vata are mitigated by buttermilk. It is the best appetizer. According to Ayurveda it reduces bloating of stomach, eases symptoms of hemorrhoids, soothes intestines in IBS and helps in indigestion. It also reduces effects of poison and is very useful in treating anemia.
- Butter milk detoxifies body and cleanses the intestines, relieves constipation and helps to replenish intestinal flora. It has less fat compared to milk and is rich in calcium, potassium and Vitamin B12.
- Takra cleanses the channels of circulation (srotas), as a result of which rasa, the end product of digestion of food, reaches the tissues properly. It creates proper nourishment, strength, and complexion. It cures one hundred diseases including those of Vata (80 in numbers) and Kapha (20 in numbers).
- The micro channels carrying nutrients to all cells in the body, when they get clogged or blocked due to any reason, the particular organ or system suffers in efficiency due to lack of nutrition. It is essential to remove such blockages. The herbs or their combinations which tackle these problems are termed “Rasayana” in Ayurveda. The forces which cause the blockage or resistance must be removed. The channels which cause transport are termed “strotas”. Acharya Charaka opines that buttermilk removes such blockages and purifies the “strotas”. This causes better movement (`ayana’) of `anna-rasa’, the nutrients. When adequate nutrition is obtained by cells (“koshas”), they start working with full force.
- Due to saturation or ageing of strotas during old-age, the control systems of the body do not get adequate nutrients, which cause aging symptoms such as reduction of memory (dementia), reduced vision, wrinkles on the skin, graying of hair, etc.
- But those who take buttermilk regularly, do not age faster, keep their arteries flexible for a longer time. Thus buttermilk is an elixir (param-amrutam) which keeps `Jara’ (old age) and `Vyadhi’ (disease) away. The Ayurveda treats buttermilk as an excellent food to keep cholesterol related problems miles away.
- With all of that said, you see how great Takra is for health of digestion and this means the entire health of the body and mind.
The properties and Actions of Takra
Rasa (Taste): Astringent, sour, and sweet
Anurasa (Secondary taste): Astringent
Veerya (Potency or energy): Hot
Vipaka (Post digestive effect): Sweet
Guna (Quality): Binding, light, dry
Actions: Digestive, promotes intellect and nourishes the brain tissues, promotes immunity, pacifies Vata, and gives satisfaction.
Types of buttermilk and benefits
- Full cream buttermilk: Full cream buttermilk added with sugar calms Vata and Pitta. Very nourishing in nature. It is similar to curds in qualities.
- No cream buttermilk: It calms Kapha and Pitta. It is good for people with diabetes.
- Half water buttermilk: Improves strength and digestive power.
- No fat buttermilk: Calms Pitta, natural coolant, relieves tiredness, calms Vata and Kapha.
- According to Ayurveda, Curd at night is contra indicated. During night, curd is substituted with buttermilk.
Buttermilk and its uses
- Ayurveda uses buttermilk both to maintain health and to treat diseases.
- Butter milk is easy to digest, has astringent and sour tastes and is hot in nature.
- Buttermilk improves digestion and mitigates Kapha and Vata.
- In Ayurvedic treatment, it is useful in the treatment of inflammation, gastro intestinal disorders, lack of appetite, spleen disorders and anemia.
- Buttermilk is highly beneficial during winter, in indigestion and in Vata imbalance related disorders.
- It is given in cases of excessive ghee consumption.
- In the disease like sprue, mixing powdered leaves of the holy fig tree and dry ginger in buttermilk and drinking it is very beneficial.
- Drinking buttermilk made from fresh milk of cow, without mixing salt in it purifies the blood. It gives strength and vitality. The complexion of the body improves. It destroys numerous disease related to Vata and Kapha doshas.
- If equal quantities of powdered dry ginger, powdered black pepper, powdered of the leaves of fig tree and powdered rock salt is mixed in buttermilk and then had, it cures indigestion. Similarly, if only powdered dry ginger and powdered black pepper is mixed with buttermilk, it too destroys indigestion.
- The pulp of wood apple, if mixed with the buttermilk, cures diarrhea, dysentery and excessive hemorrhage.
- Drinking buttermilk mixed with powdered asafetida powdered cumin seed and powdered rock salt, cures diarrhea and abdominal pains.
- Drinking buttermilk made out of cow's milk mixed with powdered black pepper powdered dry ginger, powdered leaves of fig tree and "Veed salt" cures abdominal pains.
- Drinking buttermilk mixed with raw sugar (gud) cures urinary disease especially Uremia.
- Giving buttermilk mixed with "Vayvidang" powder to the children cures them from the worms in their stomach.
Buttermilk contra indication
- Since Buttermilk is hot in nature, it is to be avoided
- During summer,
- In persons with injury
- In debilitated persons
- Person suffering from giddiness and in diseases related to Pitta imbalance.