Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Dear sir. Doing oral sex is harmful. Sucking clitoris or vagina is harmful during oral sex. Is oral sex give std or other problems. How we do safe oral sex.
Even after having intercourse during the time of ovulation i couldnt concieve. What could be the reason
My wife missed the period ,it been 9 days, still the test is showing as negative.tell me the solution of this and reasons?
I have white discharge on my underwear and my period is late. I have had sex recently and it was safe. Is this normal?
I did sex on 15 may just before 1 day of my periods and took ipill within 1 hr. And got my periods on 18 may it lasted till 24 may. And I got heavy discharge. Now its 28 June I haven't got my periods yet. Why my periods is delayed. I am very worried. I don't want to be pregnant. please help me.
Female 41 years is this true that we should not eay pulses ay night and after how muc h time we should go for walk after having dinner and can we eat fruit after a walk.
8 ways 'all work and no play' messes up with your health!
Failure to strike a healthy work-life balance can see your health going on the downswing. Several studies have time and again highlighted the fact that working too much can be bad for you. The major factor that is at play when you work too much is stress, which negatively impacts both your mental and physical well-being. A joint study conducted by Stanford university and Harvard business school has revealed that workplace stress can ruin your physical health by as much as 90%.
Read on to find out the ill-effects of all work and no play.
1. Working overtime can increase your risk of developing cardiovascular problems by about 60%.
2. While working too much can see your risk of experiencing a heart attack rise by about 13%, over 55 hours of work time every week can increase your chances of getting a stroke by about 33%.
3. Consistently working overtime can lead you to face mental health problems.
4. Over-working can cause your learning ability and memory power to fail as you don't get the required amount of rest time.
5. Working for over 11 hours a day can increase your chances of suffering from depression.
6. Working for over 40 hours a week can increase your risk of gaining weight, and indulging in alcohol and tobacco abuse.
7. Working for over 50 hours a week can bring about a reduction in your sleep time to less than 6 hours a day, which can have an adverse impact on your work performance.
8. Working non-stop in front of the computer can cause you to become prone to headaches and blurred vision.
Here's how you can prevent the negative effects of working too much from impacting your health:
1. Take a short trip
Being physically away from your workplace and going on short vacations can help your health considerably as it reduces work-related stress to a great extent. It also helps in the rejuvenation of your mind and body, thereby improving your overall health.
2. Meditate for a calmer self
Meditation is another helpful way in which you can cut down the harm that too much work can have on your body. Spend a few moments each day to de-stress and calm your agitated mind.
3. Don't bring work home
Once you're at home, avoid the impulse of checking your phone or email for work. Furthermore, avoid bringing your smartphone with you to the dinner table and don't discuss work while eating.
4. Go for regular checkups
Visiting a doctor regularly is another preventive measure that you need to take very seriously. Screening tests for stroke, heart disease or high blood pressure should be undertaken from time to time so as to prevent yourself from falling prey to such problems.
Despite your heavy workload, you still need to take out time for yourself. It is imperative that you do so in order to create a better work-life balance and consequently, a healthier self.
If I have pcos problem then irregular periods but ovulation happened most of the months. Noren tablet is possible for me. We are trying for conceive. But we are stay only one month in same place. Any problem for conceive me.
Hi Doctor, My wife is pregnant with 13 weeks. Now she is facing head ache on every two three days. She is taking below medicine: Hcg inj. Twice in month during first trimester (5000iu) Proluton depot (250) every week during first trimester. Both injections course is completed. Other medicines are duvadilan retard daily. One folic acid tablet daily and doxinate of for nausea. Ultrasound scan at three month is good. Can you pl. Suggest for headache and other medicines if required. Dr. Has suggest injections as her earlier pregnancy was unsuccessful because of blighted ovum. Pl. Suggest for headache and other medicines if required. Thanks and regards.
Cancer that originates in the uterus is termed as Endometrial Cancers. The cancer is known to originate in the endometrium i.e. lining as well as the cells of the uterus. Abnormal vaginal bleeding causes the cancer to be detected early and a consultation with the doctor should be done immediately. When other cancers originating from the uterus are considered, endometrial cancer is found to be the most common.
Causes: The exact cause for endometrial cancer is not known clearly. The cells in the endometrium tend to become abnormal due to the occurrence of a genetic mutation, which causes rapid multiplication of cells that ultimately lead to the formation of a tumour like mass. They begin to spread to other parts and proceed to affect the tissues in the surrounding areas.
The typical symptoms of endometrial cancer include:
- 1. Irregular bleeding in between periods
- 2. A watery discharge from the vagina
- 3. Bleeding from the vagina postmenopausal
- 4. Pain in the pelvic floor muscles
Risk factors that might increase the chances of being affected by endometrial cancer include:
- 1. Aging increases the chances of this disease, especially post menopause.
- 2. Obesity can cause hormonal imbalance.
- 3. Certain drugs used in hormone therapy
- 4. Early onset of menstruation, especially before 12 years of age
Treatment for Endometrial Cancer Includes:
- Radiation therapy: This treatment procedure involves using radiations, such as X-rays to target and destroy the cancer cells. The two forms of radiation therapy are external radiation therapy (external machine is used to direct radiation on the cancer cells) and internal radiation therapy (radioactive substance enclosed within small and consumable items is placed near to or directly at the spot of cancer).
- Hormone therapy: Medications are administered to eliminate imbalances in hormone levels and prohibit the growth of cancer cells in the body. This remedy is preferred if the cancer progresses to an advanced stage.
- Chemotherapy: This form of treatment uses oral administration or injection of chemicals into the veins so that the growth of cancerous cells is curbed, either by elimination of the cells or by prohibiting cell division.
- Surgery: In this surgery, the areas affected by cancer are surgically removed; i.e. the uterus in this case. The surgical procedures that might be used include total hysterectomy (total removal of uterus), radical hysterectomy (removal of the cervix, uterus and part of the vagina) and Bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy (removal of both the ovaries and the fallopian tubes)
I am 25 female. Last year got married. My period is missed by 20 days .my upt is negative it was done 3 times. I am getting back pain & some symptoms of pregnancy. Is there any chance to get pregnant.
We have got just married. Contraceptive pill as unwanted 72 has been taken by me twice. Is unwanted 72 harmful for pregnancy later ?
I'm 27 year old mother if a nine month old baby girl from Bangalore. Baby has four teeth up and two teeth down, she almost bites me 3 of 5 times when breast feeding, it pains a lot and burns next time when fed. I'm afraid whether she will bite or feed, I tried in quiet room, properly latched her, but same us repeated. Please help me to solve this issue, when I reacted for it, she made a nursing strike for one day, which was more painful than that, please help me.
My wife is pregnant and it is 2nd month of her so please tell me how I care her from 2 month to 9 month and which food and diet and etc are give her.
What is it?
A dysfunction is often described as the difficulty exhibited by a couple or an individual during ant stage of the physical activity. It might include pleasure, preference, desire, arousal and orgasm. As per the diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders, a person with sexual dysfunction shows extreme stress along with interpersonal strain. This disorder is believed to have an impact on the sexual life of the people experiencing it.
Types of Sexual Dysfunction:
1. Sexual desire disorders: This is often characterized with decreased libido or an absence or lack of sexual desire, activity or fantasies. The condition usually ranges from a general lack to a lack of the sexual desire and activity for the partner. This condition might be present from the very beginning or might start after normal sexual functioning. Whatever the cause may be it leads to decrease in the production of estrogen in women and testosterone in both women and men. Other causes are believed to be fatigue, pregnancy, aging, medications like SSRIs and psychiatric conditions like anxiety and depression.
2. Sexual arousal disorders: These are commonly as impotence in men and frigidity in women, though now the terms have been replaced. Impotence is now termed as erectile dysfunction and frigidity has been defined by many terms describing the problem. As per the, American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders the term is described in 4 categories. These are lack of arousal, lack of desire, lack of orgasm and pain during intercourse.
In both men and women the condition can be exhibited as an aversion or avoidance of sexual activity with their partner. Men might show a complete failure to maintain erection, excitement and pleasure during sexual activity.
3. Sexual pain disorders: This is often prominent in women and is also known as painful intercourse (dyspareunia) or vaginismus (involuntary spasm of the vaginal wall muscles often interfering with intercourse).
Dyspareunia is caused by the dryness of vagina in women. This poor lubrication might be due to lowered stimulation and excitement and hormonal changes caused due to pregnancy, breast feeding and menopause. In some case contraceptive foams and creams can also cause dryness. Anxiety and fear towards sex can also lead to dryness.
Vaginismus is often thought to occur through a sexual trauma like abuse or sex. Another condition vulvodynia might occur in women. In this a woman experiences burning pain while sexual activity. This is often thought to be related to the skin problems of the vaginal and vulvar region.
4. Post-orgasmic diseases: The symptoms of these occur after ejaculation or orgasm. This is often accompanied with headaches in the neck and skull during sexual activity which might include orgasm or masturbation.
If you wish to discuss about any specific sexual problem, you can consult a specilized sexologist and ask a free question.
Is level of amh vary from d2 to d7 in menstrual cycle. Last time my amh on day 2 is 1.81 n this time it is. 567. On day 7 Pl suggest.
Sir my age is 23 and i am female. Meri problem h ki mera period last 3month se miss ho rha tha. My last date of period 2-1-2015. But suddenly mujhe bleeding start ho gyi. Or 6 days se up ho gye ha but stop ni ho rhi ha. Bleeding flow is normal. So please help me ma kya kru? suggest me some remedy? please help me.
My wife had a miss carriage 3 months ago, this month her period is brown colour and very low blood flow with a small lump one day and duration is only 3 days. Now she is feeling very week.
Our body and brain experience a considerable number of changes as we age. These are both physical and mental and influence each part of our lives. One zone where you will notice a huge distinction due to coming of age is sexuality and your sexual performance. Men and women will both undergo changes happening inside their bodies. For men, erectile dysfunction (ED) will turn out to be more normal. One may free the capacity to get and keep up an erection amid sex or find that his erection is not as hard as it used to be when he was young.
Stamina in bed is also likely to go down, and you might last much less than before. Women may feel libido loss and loss of sexual longing and dryness in the vagina. The vagina tends to get narrower with old age, and its walls become thin and stiff.
Sexual problems and decreased interest or performance spirit due to age happen because of the following factors:
- Arthritis: Joint aches and pain because of arthritis make you unable to be comfortable performing sex. Rest, showers, and changing the position or timing of sexual activity can be useful. Medicines or a surgery will help you get rid of this pain.
- Pain of any kind: Lasting pain of any nature affects your sexual performance. With old age, the body experiences pain due to different reasons and these hamper your sexual life. Medicines for these pains sometimes have side effects, which affect your sexual health.
- Cardiac diseases: Narrowing and solidifying of your arteries can change the blood vessels. This does not allow blood to flow smoothly. Men and women may have issues with having an orgasm. Men may experience difficulty with erections. When your heart is not working properly, you will never be able to perform in bed normally.
- Dementia: Dementia affected people become more sexually interested, but they cannot judge the nature of sexual behavior. Dementia patients lose all kinds of normal senses, but still tend to be sexually attracted to women.
- Diabetes: Diabetes is common among aged people. Diabetes affects your sex life and ED may be caused. Medical measures might fix this disorder. Diabetes inflicted women are likely to get yeast infections in the vagina. This causes irritation and you normally would not have the longing for sex.
Ageing may affect your sexual life and health in many ways, and you cannot change most of the factors.