Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anu Shri Mahajan
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anu Shri MahajanYour feedback matters!
My 3 years daughter feels fear outside of home. She don't talk to other peoples. Her school teacher also complaints that she don't say even single word in class of 3 hours. But my daughter talk very good in home with family members. She don't play outside with other children. Pls suggest me how to handle this situation?
Teen depression seems to be on the rise in the recent past. It is a serious mental health issue which can lead to changes in how the adolescent feels, thinks and behaves. Teen depression can also lead to significant changes in emotional and physical wellbeing. While depression can occur anytime during a person’s lifetime, the symptoms experienced in adolescence can vary from that experienced during adulthood. Some of these include excess self-criticism, trouble in making decisions, neglected appearance, increased risk-taking behaviour, decreased motivation and increased school absence. Some factors which can cause teen depression are early childhood trauma, loss of parent/s, bullying or physical/emotional/sexual abuse. Teen depression can lead to abuse of alcohol/drugs, low self-esteem, academic failure, self-harming behaviour or suicide.
Here are a few things you can do to help a teenager who is suffering from depression:
1. Focus on listening not lecturing:
Resist the urge to criticize or lecture your teen when they are talking to you about their feelings. The important thing is that they are communicating with you instead of shutting you out.
2. Be supportive:
It is important to understand that your teen is working through something and may need your help when trying to overcome it. Try to validate his/her emotions instead of feeling irritated that they seem to be having mood swings.
3. Ask questions:
The best way to understand what is going on with your teen is by asking them questions. Do this in such a way that they do not feel pressured to answer. Even if you have the best intentions, do not push them into answering your questions. Wait for them to be ready to talk to you.
4. Encourage socializing:
It is good for your teen to go out and socialize, but they may not be feeling up to the task. It is upto you to encourage this without making it sound like you are criticizing their behaviour. Instead of saying “ I think you should go out and get some fresh air” say something like “I’m going to the mall, let me know if you want to come with me.” This way they do not feel any pressure to do something they may not want to.
5. Notice the positive:
Make sure you point out the positive things your teen does. This can be something like going to school on a daily basis, doing well on a test or even eating meals on time. If you point out these small things, they will feel appreciated and will remember to continue doing those things.
Your hearing is one of the most important function your body carries out and sometimes you realize that you are losing your sense of hearing, when it is too late to get it back. There are two main reasons for this. One of the reason is age and the other is when the inner ear's hair cells break down and do not pick up sound well.
Here are 7 ways to safeguard your hearing:
- Try to avoid loud places: It is not advisable to go to places where you have to shout to be heard, such as in a street, a concert or a construction site.
- Buy low noise rating equipment: The equipments in your house will make sound that you hear the most. Try to avoid these equipments by buying appliances with a low noise rating.
- Wear hearing protection at loud places: However, it is true that it is not always possible to avoid loud noises. This is when you need to get hearing protection. Earplugs and earmuffs are two of the best ways to make sure that even when you are in a loud place, your hearing does not get affected. Earplugs and earmuffs generally reduce sound by 15 to 30 decibels, which may be crucial to make sure that later in your life, you do not lose your hearing.
- Avoid smoke: Smoking raises your chance of hearing loss. Second hand smoke does the same thing. Therefore, try to avoid, both smoking and secondhand smoking.
- Remove earwax properly: Earwax cannot be removed properly using a cotton swab. Instead, you should use an irrigation kit. Remember this as otherwise; the earwax could muffle your hearing.
- Avoid medications which reduce hearing: Certain medications increase hearing loss. Therefore, double check with your doctor to make sure your medicines will not make you lose your hearing.
- Get your hearing tested: Finally, get your hearing tested as identifying the problem early on can help stop worsen the situation.