Find numerous Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Facial Reconstruction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Treatment of Nose Job
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Accident Injuries Treatment
Anti Aging Treatment
Cheek Augmentation Procedures
Cleft Lip Treatment
Dimple Creation Procedure
Glycolic Peel Treatment
Cryotherapy/Cold Therapy Treatment
Electrocautery Therapy Treatment
Acne Scars Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anshuman ManaswiYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am a student of engineering 2nd year. My face is full of scars and pimples. I want some tips from you to clear my face patches and become clean.
If sunburn is taking the mickey out of your fun time in the sun or your summer vacation, then you may want to read this article or pin it up where you can see it every day. Sunburn is something that does not show up immediately. It can happen when you have been in the sun for too long a time, and without the protection of proper clothing, hats, glares and sunscreen lotions.
So what can you do when you feel that first sting of sunburn? Here's our list!
- Swift Action: You will need to act fast towards cooling down the onset of a sunburn. Taking a quick dip in a pool or a lake if you are near one can help in soothing the area so that the sunburn is not too bad. Also, you can then cover yourself up and step indoors immediately, where you will be properly shaded from the sun. You can continue with the cool treatment by using a cold or ice compress to press around the area that is burning or has been most affected. Remember to stay away from the exact spot as it may lead to inflammation.
- Avoid Drying: Do not let the area become too dry. Take frequent showers but stay away from harsh soaps as they may make the area dry which leads to chapping and pain.
- Breathe: Allow the skin to breathe. Do not obstruct the area with too many items of clothing and wear cotton fabric or other light weight clothing that will protect the area and let the skin breathe. Stay away from tight clothes as this may lead to chafing of the skin and the sunburns.
- Moisturise: One good way of getting rid of sunburns quickly is to moisturise as soon as you have had a bath or a shower. This will help in locking in moisture which is not really possible when you moisturise the surface later. Use a gentle lotion or cream based moisturiser and stay away from products that contain petroleum gel as this may irritate the skin further and clog the area instead of getting absorbed into the skin.
- Inflammation: Tackle inflammation by taking corticosteroids or other anti inflammatory drugs. These should be prescribed by a doctor. Aloe Vera can also be used to soothe the inflammation.
- Hydrate: Drink plenty of fluids for fast regeneration of the skin cells and so that the burns do not draw the fluid from the surface if the skin.
Take all the necessary precautions before you step out for some fun in the sun with proper sunscreen and protective clothing as well!