Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Annapurna Kolli
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Annapurna KolliYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old girl. I use tablets for preventing periods for few days stopped now. But no periods. At should do? Next week is my wedding. Suggest me a good solution.
Sexual intercourse for humans is not only a reproductive act, but is also considered to be an emotional and pleasurable act. However, statistics report that almost 30% of the women experience pain during intercourse also known as vaginismus. This not only hampers the pleasure, but is also an unhealthy sign since it is indicative of a problem.
Vaginismus / Painful intercourse could be a regular occurrence, or a sporadic one. There could be numerous reasons that cause the discomfort and pain. Though it might be an early manifestation of grave diseases such as endometriosis or fibroids, but more often, it is triggered due to conditions such as vaginal dryness, yeast infection, bacterial vaginiosis, which can be easily treated. It is pertinent to understand that it is not the physical infirmity of the entire female anatomy that causes such pain/ discomfort, but the existence of certain conditions that can be treated by a medical practitioner.
Certain such causal factors associated with painful intercourse and the efficient ways to deal with them are discussed below:
Vaginal dryness- Vaginal dryness is one of the most commonly cited causes for painful intercourse. There are various causal factors of vaginal dryness. These include, but are not limited to, consumption of certain drugs, bathing with hot water, health conditions or even lack of foreplay. Vaginal dryness due to the aforementioned causes is a short-lived condition that can be treated well with the help of a medical practitioner. Usage of lubricants that is suitable for you, as advised by a medical practitioner, could go a long way in aiding the ease of sexual intercourse. The lubricants act as an effective substitute, if the body is unable to naturally secrete vaginal fluids to ease intercourse, thereby greatly reducing the pain that is experienced.
Improper vaginal expansion- The female anatomy is designed in such a way that it expands normally during intercourse. Proper foreplay enables the woman to get excited, which results in the release of vaginal fluids that aids in sexual intercourse. However, in the event that the female is not excited enough prior to the act, sexual intercourse can become a painful act, since the vagina is unable to expand in the absence of vaginal fluids. In such cases, take things slow and give your body time to comfortably go with the flow.
Vaginal itching caused by infection- Vaginal infections can be caused by antibiotics, prior sexual activity that has resulted in contraction of Sexually Transmitted Diseases etc. This results in an itching or burning sensation while having sex. It is essential to rest your body instead of forcing things, and to consult your doctor as soon as possible. The doctor can correctly diagnose the causal factors behind the infection, and prescribe the necessary medicines for it.
Emotional issues including fear of sex, marital issues/ disputes, etc are also leading cause of painful sex
However, symptoms vary from the common ones mentioned above, it is always advisable to consult a experienced doctor including a gynecologist, sexologist or sexual counselor.
Role of sexual counselor is very important, as he she can offer Sex therapy in the form of counseling, brief psychoanalysis, or behavioural therapy .This can help to address any underlying psychological issues, such as fear or anxiety, tackle any irrational beliefs that you have about sex, educate you about sex.
Also some special techniques can be taught eventually stop your vagina closing involuntarily, such as using vaginal trainers and pelvic floor exercises
If you wish to discuss about this problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a question.
Sudden weight loss is extremely common. It is mainly adopted by people who are depressed because of their weight and want to reduce weight rapidly. There can be various reasons why people would want to adopt sudden weight loss techniques. Few of these reasons are obesity, feelings of social neglect, heart diseases and inactivity or lethargy.
Sometimes many people want to reduce weight as soon as possible. They try to lose weight by dieting or by consuming certain medications. This might result in a lot of complications such as:
- If you reduce weight rapidly, it might cause the skin to be left behind and also it will cause the skin to sag. This also creates stretch marks on the surface of your skin from where you intend to lose weight. This might give a very unsightly appearance to your body. So it is better to reduce weight slowly.
- Many people try to starve themselves while dieting to get faster results. This is extremely harmful for your body. It can result in dehydration and sometimes also lead to nausea or fainting.
- Rapid weight loss can also make you lose water from your body. This can be extremely detrimental for your health. It is difficult to burn a lot of calories in a short time instead you might be burning water from your body which is very harmful.
- Sudden weight loss is not a permanent solution. You should be very careful while adopting rapid forms of weight loss exercise or diet, you might lose weight for a limited period, but since your body isn’t trained to adapt to temporary and rapid changes, you might start gaining weight rapidly instead.
- Rapid weight loss can also lead to the formation of gallstones. It can also cause infection because of obstruction in the normal flow of the bile from the gallbladder to the intestine.
- Hair loss can also occur, if you are trying to lose weight rapidly. Protein intake gets reduced when you follow a strict diet plan for rapid weight loss. This can make your hair extremely brittle and dry hence causing it to break.
If you want to reduce weight, it is better to follow a diet chart which does not make you starve and rather balances your diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
My wife 25 years old. She is pregnant. Which care during pregnancy. Which type food she eat in wall pregnancy?
I have done sex just before 4 days of my period cycle. Its definitely not to the limits of getting pregnant but we did had it for 10 min. He did not put the sperm inside but do there any need for having any protection pill now for future safety?
अस्वस्थ जीवन शैली यानी समय से खाना ना खाना, बाहर का तला भुना खाना, समय से ना सोना, समय से ना जागना, व्यायाम ना करना। या यूँ कहें की किसी भी काम को तय समय अनुसार ना करते हुए आज के जीवनशैली के हिसाब से करना।
आजकल बढ़ती बीमारियों का सबसे बढ़ा कारण यही है और इस तरह की जीवन शैली इंसान अधिक बीमार बना रही है।
लोगों को नई-नई बीमारियाँ हो रही हैं।
देश के बड़े-बड़े चिकित्सक विशेषज्ञों अनुसार स्वस्थ जीवन जीने के लिए जरूरी सलाह –
- नियमित रूप से शरीर की पूरी जाँच करायें – अस्वस्थ जीवनशैली और पारिवारिक पुरानी बीमारी दोनों को ध्यान में रखते हुए अपने स्वास्थ की नियमित जाँच कराते रहें। अपने डॉक्टर को पारिवारिक बीमारी के बारे में बताएं और उसके लक्षण भी देखें कि कहीं आप उससे पीड़ित होने वाले तो नहीं।
- स्वस्थ आहार (हेल्थी डाइट) – हम प्रतिदिन बाहर का फास्ट फूड, जंक फूड, अधिक ऑयली खाना खाते हैं। ज्यादा तला भुना ऑयली खाना सीधे हमारे हृदय, दिमाग और संपूर्ण स्वास्थ्य को प्रभावित करता है। स्वस्थ रहने के लिये हमें प्रतिदिन के खाने में हरी सब्जियाँ, फल, अंकुरित बीज और सलाद का सेवन करना चाहिये। इनसे शरीर को आवश्यक पौषक तत्व मिल जाते हैं और हम रोग ग्रस्त नहीं होते।
- रोज़ाना व्यायाम – आपका दिल अच्छे से काम करे। हमेशा प्यार से धड़कता रहे इसके लिये जरूरी है कि आप हर दिन खुली स्वच्छ हवा में व्यायाम (Exercise)करें। व्यायाम के कई विकल्प आपके पास है जैसे खुले में चलना, दौडना, साइकिल चलाना, तैराकी आदि। चलना (Walking) सबसे अच्छा व्यायाम है। प्रतिदिन कम से कम 10 मिनट चलने से आपका स्वास्थ्य एक दम सही रहेगा।
- वजन कम करें – अधिक मोटापा शरीर के लिए हानिकारक होता है। मोटा शरीर जानलेवा बीमारियों का घर होता है। इसलिए यदि आप पूरी तरह स्वस्थ रहना चाहते हैं तो सबसे पहले बढ़े हुए वज़न को घटाएं। वज़न घटाने के लिए अधिक कैलोरी वाला खाना ना खायें, व्यायाम करें। इससे आप सभी गंभीर बीमारियों को अपने से दूर कर देंगे।
- तनाव को कम करें – तनाव शरीर में कई बीमारियों को निमंत्रण देता है। इससे दिमागी बीमारियां सबसे ज्यादा होती हैं। किसी भी प्रकार के तनाव में ना रहें। इससे आप अस्वस्थ रह सकते हैं।
अगर आप बहुत ज्यादा तनाव में हैं तो अपने परिवार और दोस्तों के साथ वक्त बिताएं।
खाने पीने का ध्यान रखें।
नींद अच्छी तरह लें और व्यायाम भी करें। इस सबसे निश्चित ही आपका तनाव कम होगा।
जो लोग अपने घर में बुजुर्गों और बच्चों की देखभाल करते हैं उनके लिये सबसे महत्वपूर्ण सलाह –
कि आप अपनी हेल्थी डाइड, एक्सरसाइज़ और नींद का पूरा ध्यान रखें।
Hi ,my wife is 2 months pregnant. Some times while we sleep both feel to do intercourse. Your suggestion needed regarding this.
Menopause is the time in a woman's life when the menstruation ceases, bringing an end to a woman's childbearing years. There are a number of symptoms that mark this stage, including hot flashes, which are very commonly experienced in such cases. Hot flashes are like a feeling of a red hot flush that may wash over the body and lead to excessive sweating. It occurs in the blood vessels that are closest to the surface of the skin. Yet, menopause is not the only reason why one may experience these hot flashes.
Here are some of the reasons that may trigger these hot flashes:
1. Carcinoid syndrome: This is a disease that may cause hot flashes as a symptom. In this condition, a tumour will usually release varied chemicals into the body, which can create varied symptoms that seem like hot flashes.
2. Hyperthyroidism: Overheating of the body and the system from within is something that many patients suffering from hyperthyroidism may experience. This usually happens when the thyroid glands end up producing too much of the thyroid hormone that brings about many symptoms ranging from depression to weight loss and even hot flashes. In hyperthyroidism, the body goes into a hyper mode, which usually leads to overheating of the same. This gives rise to frequent and often severe hot flashes.
3. Hormonal changes: There are many hormonal changes that may affect various men and women from time to time. A drop in the level of the estrogen hormone is something that many women go through on a regular basis. This may happen due to pregnancy as well. Also, this condition usually brings about symptoms like hot flashes.
4. Eating disorders: The way we eat and nurture our body is the way the body reacts. When there is a case of an eating disorder like dyslexia or bulimia, it may lead to varied symptoms, including hot flashes. This is due to the fact that the body's hormonal levels as well as the nutritional level plunge to an all-time low. In many such cases, hot flashes are the body's way of demanding better nutrition. These disorders can also give rise to related conditions like the hypothalamus disorder.
5. Hypothalamus disorder: Hypothalamus disorder may also cause hot flashes. This is a condition that is caused due to poor eating habits. This disorder is characterised by a major drop in one's nutrition levels and also leads to many hormonal changes. These changes often lead to symptoms like hot flashes and other related complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.