Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Annapurna KolliYour feedback matters!
What steps to be taken if I'm planning a baby, precautions n methods of how to successfully conceive, please suggest.
I am 25 years I got period last month may now this month not came I was taking pills upto march novelon. I stopped in march and from last fifteen days back pain is also very much what is the reason? help me.
I'm 34 years old. Since 1 month I'm experiencing excess white discharge and pain during urinating and sometimes itching. Please give some suggestion.
My urine color is yellow over 3 day after driking 1 ltr of water its become normal what I should do?
Pregnancy brings with it many changes, such as physical and emotional. On one hand, you are changing your appearance completely as a person. On the other, your hormones are playing havoc and you are not sure if you are feeling happy, sad, confused, anger all at the same time or within short timespan. There could also be forgetfulness in some women.
It is not just you, but people around you also who are not sure how to manage this, especially your partner, who needs to be explained why this is happening. If you already have a child, don't be surprised if the first child feels very nervous and anxious about your mood swings.
However, good news is that these mood swings settle down and can be managed with a little bit of conscious effort. It is generally noted that the mood swings are worst in the first trimester and settle down gradually during the second trimester onwards. Women are more in control of their emotions and feelings. Though you may not voice it out, there are many concerns going on in your head with your pregnancy and these definitely make you anxious. As your due date nears, expect a surge in your anxiety/fear levels.
Simple methods to deal with mood swings:
- Talk it out: Whether your concern is, if your baby will be healthy or how will you manage finances, the best option is to discuss with your spouse about the same. You could also find support with close friends and relatives. Look for online support groups or from friends from your doctor's clinic you will find that everybody lends an ear and shoulder to support you.
- Rest: Pregnancy is extremely tiring physically and fatigue adds to your irritability. As it also plays with your regular sleep patterns, try and get as much rest and sleep for shorter durations whenever possible. If you are working, discuss with your boss to be able to take breaks.
- Exercise: Consult with your doctor and make sure you follow an exercise regime tailored for you. This not only reduces fatigue but makes you more active and less irritable.
- Nutrition: While you have your cravings, ensure you eat a healthy balanced diet. This not only contributes to physical well-being but also your emotional health.
- Socialize: Try and make new friends or spend time with old ones. They would be extremely delighted to hear your small talks and in the process, you would feel relaxed and happy too.
- Pamper yourself: While there is no point going shopping or pub hopping, treat yourself to a massage at a nearby spa or spend time reading a book or watching a movie. These can be extremely relaxing and easy to follow.
Needless to say, as much as they may sound unpleasant, the entire experience of these mood swings will leave you a different person.
Hi I am a 31 years women with 101 kg weight. I have pcod problem. I have 2 yes kid. Just now I have started taking garcinia fruit extract to lose weight. Can I take it and pl suggest me good diet sheet to reduce my weight and solve my pcod.
Hi. I started bleeding when I was 7 week pregnant. Then went to the hospital doctors told no heartbeat. The bleeding continues 2 -3 days clots went through bleeding. As natural miscarriage is there doctors given misopristol. But 4 days checkup some portion of fetus is there. So Doctors given Mifepristone tab.
I'm 30 years, unmarried. Suffering from white discharge for 3 day. Please advice what will I do for her ?
Hello, I am near abt 2 weeks late from my periods. Should I take the test. As I am planning to expect. Could tedt be done in night? Plzzz rply fast I am becoming impulsive.
Hi Dr. M 26 year young lady. Mera period aaya time per. Lekin mujhe 7 din ke bad bhi thodi thodi blooding ho rhi hai. Ese me Kya krna chahiye,
Doctor, my baby is 5 months old, before getting pregnant my weight is 47.9kg, during pregnancy I gained 15 kg more, my baby is 3 kg when I delivered, it is an normal delivery, now I checked my weight, it is only 48kg, ayurveda doctor told me that my breast milk is thick than others, baby needs milk only 3 hrs gap, now I am taking calcium tablets daily, what should I do now for gaining weight? Please answer me.
Am 4 months pregnant. Shall I have dry nuts like pista and Almonds and dry grapes? Is it good for baby?
I am pregnant and its 9th month. I take a scan and there is mention single loop of cord is seen around the neck. What does it mean? Is everything okay? child is safe na. And I want to take normal delivery not cesarean. So is there any chance of normal delivery ?
Am 26 years old. I have to much belly after my sesiarion. 8 minutes are over. Still I don't get my periods?
Sir I am 28 years I am married but I am not feel able to perform sex with my husband because I feel that my private part does not works well as I never get wet. so, please advise what to do.?
Doctor please needs an advice I'm newly married just 3 months of marriage and I haven't conceived before but I noticed I'm adding weight like 87 kg to 100 kg so I decided to burn fat by drinking blended cucumber, ginger and lemon. Now my question is for an expecting mother who wants to conceive is it good to take lemon. Or is there side effect. Because that's easy way to burn fat. Please doctor I need your opinion. Thank you.
My wife aborted due to miscarriage and it was only of 5 weeks, I want to know that, after how many days she can conceive again and plan for baby.
Keeping the blood sugar at the recommended level can be a challenging task at times. While timely medication is a key prerequisite for controlling diabetes, lifestyle changes plays an important role in keeping the blood sugar under control.
Here is a list of simple yet effective ways of managing diabetes.
- Portion size and carbohydrate count: Carbohydrates are the single most important food element that impacts the level of blood sugar in body. People taking insulin shots should ensure that the portion size of carbohydrates does not exceed the recommended level. Maintaining a diary to keep a check on the carbohydrate count can help in this case.
- Balanced diet: For people suffering from diabetes, it is necessary to have a good mix of fruits, vegetables, fat, starch and protein in each meal. Carbohydrates should be consumed in the form of fruits and whole grains. A doctor advice in this matter can be of great help.
- Avoid sweetened beverages: Sweetened beverages with high sucrose and fructose content have high-calorie content that can directly impact the blood-sugar level. Refraining from these sweetened drinks is a must for diabetes patients.
- Make an exercise plan: Exercising for half hour on a daily basis is highly beneficial for diabetes patients. It makes sense to consult a doctor about the type of exercise that can be done regularly. The right mix of aerobic, cardio and muscle exercise should do the trick.
- Stay hydrated: Staying hydrated is very important during exercise. Dehydration can bring down the blood-sugar level drastically.
- Be prepared: Carrying a small dose of glucose or a snack can come in handy. In case the blood-sugar level drops to an alarming level while exercising, the glucose will ensure that it brings it back to normal quickly.
- Follow the doctor’s instruction: Alcohol is known to cause a lot of complications for diabetic patients. For people whose diabetes is under control, make sure that the doctor gives his go ahead for alcohol consumption.
- Drink carefully: If you get a doctors nod to drink make sure that dry wines and light beer are consumed. These drinks tend to have lesser calories and carbohydrates. Their impact on the blood-sugar level, therefore, becomes minimal.
- Pattern: Stress greatly increases the blood-sugar level. While it is difficult to be stress-free, try to look for a pattern by checking the blood-sugar level after prolonged stress. This will help to identify a pattern which can then be addressed with methods such as yoga, hobby practicing, laughter therapy, etc.
- Get help: Stress management is not an easy task. If stress cannot be controlled with a conventional approached, it makes sense to get professional help to reduce stress.