Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Ankush Chavan

Dentist, Mumbai

Dr. Ankush Chavan Dentist, Mumbai
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I want all my patients to be informed and knowledgeable about their health care, from treatment plans and services, to insurance coverage....more
I want all my patients to be informed and knowledgeable about their health care, from treatment plans and services, to insurance coverage.
More about Dr. Ankush Chavan
Dr. Ankush Chavan is an experienced Dentist in Mumbai, Mumbai. You can consult Dr. Ankush Chavan at Dental Trends in Mumbai, Mumbai. Book an appointment online with Dr. Ankush Chavan and consult privately on

Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Dental Trends

2nd Floor, Dongare Bldg, Above Phadke Watch Centre, Char Rasta, Manpada Road, Dombivli (East), Landmark : Opp. Govindashram Hotel, MumbaiMumbai Get Directions
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Ankush Chavan

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I am 30 years old male am suffering from mouth ulcers for last 3 weeks. what should I do? Please help me.

PG Hom, London, BHMS
Homeopath, Mumbai
Hi you can apply orasep gel on the ulcer three times a day. Along with that you can also take tab folvite. Mouth ulcers usually happen because of deficiency of folic acid. Hence folvite will prove beneficial.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Dentist, Thane
You may need RCT if you have:
1. Throbbing Pain which increases particularly after lying down.
2. Pain when eating/chewing from concerned tooth
3. Extreme Sensitivity to Hot /cold food.
4. Deep cavity which has been ignored for a long time
5. Injury to the face/ jaw in accident cases
6. Colour change/ darkening of the tooth
7. Pus discharge / swelling in the nearby gum region.

Mere Baye side k dant aur masude me dard ho raha h sir kya Karun Sir koi dawa bataye Pleas Main paan masala khata hu.

Dentist, Gurgaon
You can take tab brufen 200 mg for pain. If pain does not subside kindly visit dentist for the same.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi, my wife (32 years), is suffering from the tooth ache might be the wisdom one therefore would like to request you to please guide on the pain reliever. Note: She is currently taking viral medications which includes antibiotic.

Dentist, Raipur
Kindly get an x-ray done of the tooth having pain. If it is a wisdom tooth may be she will have to get it extracted. Pain killer will give her only temporary relief. She can take tab ketorol dt 2 tablets dissolved in water. She can also do warm saline gargles as this will also relieve her. Kindly visit your dentist and get the required treatment done.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir my que is about my teeth condition, my teeth are dull yellow now and my problem is increased day by day I know its all about fluoride so please give me a better suggestion about my teeth problem?

Dentist, Bangalore
Here is home remedy for brighter teeth--- mix several teaspoons of baking soda with enough fresh lemon juice (or water) to make a paste. Wipe your teeth and any extra saliva off of them with a paper towel. Put a good amount of paste onto your toothbrush and apply. Leave the paste on for 1 minute, then rinse, so as to avoid the acid affecting enamel. If you are using just water you can leave it on for up to 3 minutes. For faster result you can go for teeth bleaching from dentist.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 19 years old female and I have cavity in my teeth so what should I do for this?

Dentist, Gurgaon
For cavity we need to understand the depth of cavity. If not deep. Then filling would be fine. And if deep. Kindly get an xray done to understand the depth of cavity. And necessary treatment would be then taken.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Dear sir/Mam My front teeth has broken in an accident. Now, there is huge pain. So please guide me, what should I have do for repair my tooth and losing pain.

Dentist, Vadodara
You can take painkillers thrice a day n apply ice pack on the upper lip area outside your teeth for temporary relief. You have to get your teeth x ray to access the damage. The pain can be due to trauma to the surrounding tissue which will subside eventually or it can be due to nerve damage in tooth for which you will need root canal treatment.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

MDS - Periodontics, Certified Implantologist, BDS
Dentist, Chandigarh
Patients who have a history of gum diseases should also consult their periodontist while undergoing orthodontic treatment.

What Causes Tooth Decay ?

Dentist, Mumbai
What Causes Tooth Decay ?

What causes tooth decay?

Bacteria and food can cause tooth decay. A clear, sticky substance called plaque is always forming on your teeth and gums. Plaque contains bacteria that feed on the sugars in the food you eat.

As the bacteria feed, they make acids. The acids attack the teeth for 20 minutes or more after you eat. Over time, these acids destroy tooth enamel, causing tooth decay.

Things that make you more likely to have tooth decay include:

- Not brushing and flossing your teeth regularly and not seeing a dentist for checkups and cleanings.
- Eating foods that are high in sugar and other carbohydrates, which feed the bacteria in your mouth.
- Not getting enough fluoride. Fluoride helps prevent tooth decay by making teeth more resistant to acids produced by plaque.
- Not having enough saliva. Saliva washes away food and harmful sugars, so it helps protect your teeth from decay. A dry mouth may be caused by a condition such as xerostomia or sjögren's syndrome, by taking certain medicines, or by breathing through your mouth. Older adults are more likely to have a dry mouth.
- Having diabetes.
- Smoking
- Chewing tobacco.

110 people found this helpful

I have mouth ulcer in every 2 months and they heal up to 15 days. What should i do?

Dentist, Hyderabad
There are many reasons of having mouth ulcers, but you need to find out what is the root cause of the ulcers as there is no treatment unless the root cause is identified and that is fixed. All the treatments like applying lozen or creams is a symptomatic therapy. Check for stress, nutritional deficiency, hormonal imbalance, sleeplessness.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

He chews lots of tobacco in a day and his teeth have been spoiled due to this reason so any way to reduce the quantity of chewing his tobacco.

Dentist, Mumbai
Yes there is lot of work being done on tobacco cessation, first of all he will have to make up his own mind that he wants to leave tobacco. Once he decide than dental surgeon can guide him he will need cleaning and polishing of teeth which will give him a change feeling and than he needs to keep his oral hygiene maintained by brushing twice a day and use listerin mouthwash regularly and slowly withdraw the habit of tobacco chewing.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I want to know how to remove yellowish from the teeth with home remedy or any ayurveda medicine.

Certified Implantologist, Fellow of Academy of General Dentistry (FAGD), BDS
Dentist, Kolkata
If you apply the inside part of a banana peel over your teeth like a toothpaste. It whitens up. Other than that just eat healthy be healthy n remain wealthy with all your 32.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Dentist, Jaipur
Visit dentist for regular check up to prevent tooth decay.

I have serious pain in my teeth because I don't wash my teeth. What I do for? Please help me.

BDS, Non-Resident J.R. in Dept. of Orthodontics, Certified oral implantologist, Advanced Aesthetics, Digital Smile Designer
Dentist, Jammu
Pain in tooth can be either due to carious lesion or due to periodontal problem. We need to find your problem. Then we can start treatment.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Oral Health Tip

Dentist, Panchkula
Oral Health Tip
Chew sugar-free gum to stimulate saliva production that helps preventing your mouth from drying out and fight cavities.
9 people found this helpful

I am 24 years old and I am having problem in my mouth and gums. While doing brush blood is been seen daily.

Certified Implantologist, BDS
Dentist, Delhi
Go for complete dental check up. You might need cleaning of teeth. Till then apply stolin r gum paint twice daily.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Dentist, Thanjavur
For whiter teeth, slosh your mouth with sesame, coconut or sunflower oil for 15 minutes and then spit it out. It is known as oil pulling, a popular folk remedy. It lubricates the gums and acts as a flossing agent.

My grandson is suffering swelling on lower jaw chin for the past 10 days. Initially it was informed as infection and was given medicines. Slowly the swelling got reduced but not significantly. The boy suffered a lot initially and was not able to take food but now slowly taking. Could you advice on this.

Dentist, Secunderabad
Sir swelling may be hard or soft on touch. Treatment for both are different, if its soft den there may be pus formation below d root of any tooth, get an rct (root canal treatment) done. If d swelling is hard den surgical removal is required. Regards.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have bimaxillary protrusion, please advice it can be corrected with a surgery or braces can serve the purpose itself.

Dentist, Varanasi
Hello, First we need to understand if it is a dental or skeletal abnormality, accordingly braces or surgery may be advised. For this along with opg and lateral cephalogram x-rays you need to visit your nearest dentist. Final call can be taken only after clinical examination.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir, my teeth are becoming shorter And shorter last teeth aregoined With gums I have a problem of weight loss from 2/3 months.

oral implantology, BDS
Dentist, Jaipur
apparently you have weak teeth which are getting attrited with use. consult a dentist near you for thorough check up and treatment with rct and crowns
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed