Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ankita Shah
Weight Loss Treatment
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Diet
Treatment of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorders
Customised Diet Chart
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment of Vitamin D Deficiency
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Management of Obesity and related Disorders
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Bulimia Treatment & Management
Submit a review for Dr. Ankita ShahYour feedback matters!
I am hyper thyroid patient. Tell me if green coffee will help me to reduce weight or not? And green coffee has any side effect on me as m a thyroid patient.
My friend got diabetes in blood sugar fasting 160 and post meal 280. please suggest any diet or medicines.
I am 20 years old 53 kg n 5.9 inc I am very skinny I do not look lyk 20 help me out to increase my weight n look good.
Hi .My sis in law is 25 years old. N her weight is 70. Can se take lauki juice fr weight loss in the morning?
I am 59 years of age and regularly taking one capsule of lipocut-60 to reduce weight on the advice of a doctor. For quite some time I am having orange colour discharge of oily liquid from the rectum. What is that due to. Is there any remedy for that?
Hi, I want to loss my weight. Now my weight is 90 and my height is 5.6. So please suggest me. And my work is mostly seating on the chair.
My father has been suffering from sugar. Earlier it remains 150-160 (almost 1 year) but this time its 220 (all fasting). I want to know if he can take fruits in his diet? If no, which fruit should be avoided?
What should I do if my fasting blood sugar 135 & post prandial blood sugar is 215. I am already a diabetic & taking glycomet gp 2 half a portion. Do I need to change my dosage or medicine? Kindly advise.
Anal fistulas or fistula-in-ano generally cause discomfort due pus or watery discharges and sometimes pain. This is a condition where a nodular swelling appears in area surrounding the anal opening. Intermittent pus discharged is noticed from this nodular swelling. Instead of a nodular swelling; there might be simply an opening in this region. An anal abscess is one of the most common causes for this condition. Here are ten things you should know about these anal fistulas:
- It is curable through Ayurveda only: Till date many treatment options are tried to cure Anal Fistula which include Anal Fistula Surgery/ Glu technique/ cutting seton/ Colostomy/ Fistula plug/ VAAFT and many more. But all of these treatment methods have pretty high recurrence rate of about 20-25 %. However with Ksharsutra treatment for Anal Fistula; chances of recurrence are negligible. Other complications generally seen in surgery like bleeding, incontinence (inability to hold stool); are not seen with Ksharsutra Treatment. Clinical trials conducted by Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR); at AIIMS New Delhi and PGI Chandigarh in 1992 have proved that Ksharsutra treatment is more convenient and more effective than Surgery in the patients of Anal Fistula.
- There are symptoms you can look out for: Some of the symptoms that indicate anal fistulas include appearance of a nodular swelling in area surrounding Anal opening. Intermittent pus discharge is also observed from this swelling. Usually pain subsides and opening closes after the discharges; and patient feels relief. But after certain interval of time again pus accumulates; swelling re-appears with some amount of pain which is again relieved after the discharge. This cycle is repeated at varying interval in the patient of anal fistula.
- Medication can only provide temporary relief: Anti biotics and painkiller might give temporary relief from the symptoms. But after some time there will be again pus formation and associated swelling & pain in area surrounding anal opening.
- Anal fistulas can recur after surgical treatment: As discussed above all the treatment options tried by modern medicine (including most recent treatment VAAFT) have high incidence of recurrence (about 20-25%) Whereas there are negligible chances of recurrence after Ksharsutra Treatment for Anal Fistula. .
- Anal fistulas treated by Graded Ksharsutra do not recur: Ayurvedic treatment for anal fistulas is known as Kshar sutra therapy. This involves the use of medicated thread being ligated in Fistula Tract. The medicines present in this thread act as a strong debriding agent and induces healing of Fistula tract. In few weekly sittings of Ksharsutra change; Fistula gets healed completely and it do not recur. Pt. maintains his normal routine life during treatment period.
- Sitz bath can be beneficial: This involves sitting in a tub filled with warm water so that the affected site is submerged. An antiseptic and astringent agent like Triphala decoction may be added to the water if needed. A sitz bath soothes the skin and provides relief from pain. This also helps keep the area clean and thus reduces chances of infection.
- Oily and spicy foods should be avoided: When dealing with anal fistulas, you should try and take a diet that keeps your stool soft and regular. Hence use of oily and spicy foods should be reduced. Eat plenty of fiber and drink lots of water. Alcohol should also be avoided.
Ksharsutra vs Surgery in Anal Fistula Patients-
- Ksharsutra is done under Local Anesthesia. Hence complications of General Anesthesia are avoided. Surgical procedures are done under GA with all impending complications of General Anesthesia.
- Ksharsutra being a parasurgical procedure hence no bleeding/ cutting of tissue is involved. Surgery involves cutting/ bleeding.
- No hospitalization or bed rest is required in Ksharsutra Treatment. In Surgery hospitalization is must.
- In Ksharsutra; patient can continue his normal daily routine Surgery may require bed rest.
- Complications like incontinence (inability to hold stool) and recurrence are seen after surgery
- Ksharsutra is a safe procedure and these complications are not seen.
- Ksharsutra Treatment is more economical as compared to VAAFT surgery. VAAFT Surgery is comparatively too expensive.