Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. AnkitaYour feedback matters!
Am 35 years of male from past 12 years m having the habit of smoking coz of that my teeth become yellowish pls tell me how to get normal colour teeth.
Hi Is tegreitol 200 mg a cure for bruxcisim? how many years we have to take? will this medicine affet gamma gt level. Before this, was taking censopramplus10 past21 months
Hi Sir, my daughter is one year old. She got one teeth on top and one in bottom. She has done back color at back side of upper teeth, it's not a hole. Pls let me know what should I have to use do. Is there any chance birth mole can be back side.
I am 23 year old. My upper lateral tooth was grown tilt and more inclined towards the mouth (not in perfect place) which makes a small gap between upper central and canine .Now it problems me to eat from the right side. So a doctor told me to extract the tooth and after extraction it will correct overlapping of upper central tooth and fills the small gap between the upper central and canine on naturally .i want to know after the extraction of tooth will it impose any effect on my face structure as there are rumors that it will make wrinkles on face at young.
Hello doctor, I am facing problem on my tongue as well as on penis. Kuch time se tongue pe pain ho rahi n jalan b hoti hai ye continuously halka ho raha hai or penis ma front (cap) ma jalan hoti hai week me ek bar ho jate hai aur chote chote dots aur redness ho jati hai Please reply for remedies with FULL detail.
One thing that can put away talking to someone very interesting is bad breath. And it is not an uncommon problem. While most just try to use mouth wash and chewing gums to keep it away, it is important to note that bad breath can be a sign of underlying causes, both in the mouth and the body as a whole.
Identifying the reason can help in early diagnosis and prompt treatment of the actual disease condition.
There could be oral and general causes for bad breath or halitosis as it is medically called. Food habits and other lifestyle habits including smoking can also lead to bad breath.
- Presence of food debris in a moist environment (saliva) is ideal for the oral bacteria to act on the food particles and break them down. This causes a bad breath, when it leads to plaque formation and it then calcifies into a hardened substance called calculus. Plaque and calculus are the main ingredients for tooth decay and periodontal disease.
- Severe tooth decay leads to bad breath as does periodontal infections. In severe cases, there could even be abscess formation in the root area of the tooth with pus formation
- Unclean dentures are another source of halitosis. There could be food lodged in between teeth or the undersurface of the denture, leading to bad breath.
- Dry mouth or xerostomia - Certain diseases and drugs can lead to dry mouth with reduced amounts of saliva. Saliva has a natural flushing effect on the bacteria, and in its absence, the bacteria thrive, leading to a bad odour.
General health: Chronic diseases like gastroesophageal reflux disease, digestive disorders, liver disorders, cancer, and diabetes can lead to bad breath.
- Long-term smoking and/or chewing tobacco and alcohol are also reasons for bad breath.
- Crash diets: People on low-carb diets can have a bad breath, owing to burning of the fat and producing ketones, which have a strong smell.
- Medications: Nitrates to reduce angina, chemotherapy agents for cancer, phenothiazines for anxiety can all lead to bad breath. They reduce saliva and/or release chemicals causing bad breath.
Management: The first step in managing halitosis is to nail the cause down, which makes it easier to treat.
- Start with oral hygiene check, and if there is decay or gum disease, consider restorations and cleaning.
- Mouth rinses can be used in the maintenance phase.
- Cessation of tobacco use should be considered.
- General health conditions like GERD should be managed
- Artificial saliva in cases of xerostomia
- Alternative medications if they are causing the bad breath
Oral breath is definitely embarrassing but can be managed very easily.