Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anjuri AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Hi I get boils on my lower body frequently. I also get mouth ulcers at the same time. Both occur so frequently that I don't remember a time when I did not have any thing. I am getting frustrated now. These boils are very painful and are red in color. After some time it get puss also. I take entacavir. 5mg tablets daily as I am hep b carrier. Please advice.
I have leukoplakia in mouth buckle mucosa since aug 2015 visited three different oncologist they suggested laser excision is there any other treatment please suggest.
Hello, I am 32 year old and I have a bad habit of smoking. I brush my teeth as well as I use mouthwash but still my mouth stinks. Please suggest.
I have recently done root canal to set right a decayed tooth. Even at that time I had sensitivity in the teeth around the affected teeth. After root canal sensitivity is not gone. What is the way out. Any special tooth paste required to be used?
Doctor mera ek teeth pe caping karvaya hai maine 10-15 day hue honge aur abhi mai agar water piti hu to mujhe vaha par dard hota hai.
I have toothache from last 2 days. It. Usually occurs with a span of 2-3 month but now it is at it worst.
Sugary foods should be consumed in limited quantities as the bacteria in dental plaque changes them into acids
Hi Doctor I have a pale yellow teeth however I brush it never turns white.Sometime I even have bad breath
Teeth are one of the most precious parts of the human body. By playing a significant functional and structural role in aesthetics, facial appearance, and food habits, digestion and chewing, all efforts at maintaining them should be undertaken. As we all know, we have two sets of teeth, primary or deciduous and the permanent set. Let us discuss tooth removal in these two sets separately.
In the primary teeth, the main indication would be dental decay. If the tooth is severely damaged beyond repair with fillings, then removal could be an option, with two things considered. The primary successor will erupt within the next 6 months; if not, a space maintainer would be put in place.
Another reason would be if the tooth is beyond its lifecycle and is blocking the eruption of the successor, then it requires removal.
The permanent teeth, however, are a set that are meant to last for a lifetime and removal should be considered only as a last resort. With advances in dental treatment methods, gone are the days when removal would be an option for severe decay.
Some of the absolute indications for removal would be:
- Wisdom teeth: if it is erupting in abnormal position (flattened or crooked), then removing them to avoid infection and impingement on other teeth needs to be considered. Wisdom teeth infection is one of the most common causes requiring tooth removal.
- Recurrent infections: If a tooth has been root canal treated, but continues to have ongoing chronic infection, it could be a case for removal.
- Malformed or supernumerary teeth: These may also block eruption of other teeth into the mouth.
- Orthodontic treatment: In cases where the jaw size is really not sufficient to realign the mal-positioned or crooked teeth, the first premolar is often sacrificed, and this space is used to align the other teeth.
- Injuries: In case of accidents or injuries with jaw fractures, teeth in the line of fracture may need to be removed.
- Preparation for dentures: In cases of severe periodontal disease, where the mobility of the teeth is high and complete dentures are being considered as an option, teeth removal may be planned. Also, if there are teeth which are in the line of fixed partial dentures, again removal might be planned
- Radiation therapy: For head and neck cancer patients, if there are teeth in the line of radiation, then removal might be planned.
Unlike in the earlier years, the absolute indications for removing tooth have changed. A thorough examination, both oral and radiological, should be done before zeroing on extraction.