Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Anjali Shekhar Upponi PatilYour feedback matters!
My father, 58 , non diabetic has been suggested for phacotiol surgery. Doctor has explained about various lens like Monofocal, multifocal and tennis multifocal symphony. I am inclined towards symphony lens as we were told that glasses will not be required at any distance. Is it true? How much would be the cost for symphony lens surgery? Is it fully covered by goodhealthtpa Insurance. Are there any other lens which can be glasses independent at any distance. Now only his right eye has major problem , his left eye has difficultly in seeing near distances. So does he need to have cataract lens for both the eyes?
I am a 52 years old male. My eyes become red with itching frequently for a long time. However by two drops of azilast eye drop I get instant relief. Any advice or alternate medication?
I am 23 years old. I suffered pimples and dark circles from last 5 years. what should i do? please advice
I use spect of number -0.25 both eye and now I don't want to wear spect instead of that I can wear lenses it okay or no tell and I use spect because of seating in front of computer daily a lot so doctor given me spect so give me good advice so eyes.
Hello doctor, I am using too much mobile for my work. For Every work I have to use my mobile due to this I feel like dark in front of my eyes sometimes. I am using 8 to 10 hrs daily on mobile, sometimes continuously 6 to 7 hrs. What should I do to avoid this problem. I can't leave my mobile to as it is important for my job.
My uncle of age 57 years, height is 5'8" and weight is 156 kg, having diabetes from last 7 years on regular medicine. But now he is feeling blurring in vision, did not feel any warm and cold in his foot. In night frequent urination also. How we can manage this problem, or we should go to the clinic regarding this.
HI My uncle had gone through retinal detachment surgery before 10 months ago and having silicon oil in eye, right now he is suffering from cataract, can he use "Can-C" eye drop?
I am 18 year old male and been suffering poor eyesight for the last 5 years, I probably think this is because of me staying too long on the computer. What should I do?
Whenever I sit in front of computer for some time, my eyes have some irritation and pain. What kind of food am I supposed to eat?
Did you know that your vision is responsible for around 80% of you sensory input? your eyes are among the most delicate organs in your body. Long work hours in front of the computer and long study hours results in tired and sometimes irritating eye conditions. But help isn't too far. Before you head to the doctor, you can head to your kitchen to look for solutions. There are several home remedies that you can try to not only improve your eyesight but also get rid of glasses and rebuild your vision! here's how you can do it:
1. Exercise: Just like any other body part, your eyes need exercise too. Blinking your eyes rapidly for 5 seconds helps moisturize it. Similarly, cupping your eyes with you palms for 4-5 minutes triggers acupuncture points that helps the eye to relax. There are specific exercises to reduce eye strain, improve blurred vision and enhance reading. Do these as per the specific problem you are facing.
2. Take a break: Follow the 10-10-10 rule when you are on the computer for extended hours. For every half hour of work, take a 10 min break to look at something n a distance at least 10 feet away for 10 seconds. These becomes tricky if you are studying or working in a fast paced environment and easily forget to take breaks. Set alarms that help you know the time so that you can actively plan your breaks. To enhance break time, try to look at greenery during your 10 sec break which helps the eyes relax better. Splash your eyes with cold water to give them a fresh feel.
3. Yoga: Yoga and meditation relaxes your body and mind. It is also a great way to relax your eyes as you get to close them and give them rest. When you close your eyes, you shut out a big chunk of sensory inputs helping your body go from an active reaction mode to a passive action mode.
4. Eat for your eyes: Make sure you add your weekly quota of vision enhancing food in you diet. Carrots which are rich in beta-carotene and vitamin a are great for the eyes. Similarly grapes and blueberries work great to improve your night vision. Green leafy veggies, garlic, shallots, eggs and onion all contribute in keeping your eyes healthy and strong. Cold water fish rich in DHA is an another great food that helps reduce dry eyes and muscular degeneration.
5. Change your lifestyle: Other than exercise and proper nutrients, you need to ensure you get a shut eye for six to eight hours every day to let your eyes fully rest and rejuvenate. As always drink 6 - 8 glasses of water. And don't forget to get regular eye check ups especially if you are a diabetic or have other health conditions that adversely affect your eyes.