Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anjali Sharma
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Anjali SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am 29 year old male I have pain in my jaw and neck before it was pain on chest both side my all the reports regarding chest al are ok positive I have done lipid profile I have done echo and all test regarding chest all are fine. What to do some times its pain on ear also.
I am a 38 yr old female. I have gaps in betwen my teeth (lower and upper front teeth) becos of wich food particles get clogged. I want some treatment to close them and enhance my smile. Please suggest.
Subah sokar uthne pr mere muh se bhot buri badbu aati hai. Aur din me kbhi kbhi lagta h halka pus aaya aur ek badbu ka jhonka sa aata hai.
Hi I mohd khalid khan my age is 18 years from 3 years I am having tooth pain doctors is telling fit a cap I want to ask you the cap is good or not.
Is oil pulling good for oral health? I am using Parachute coconut oil. Please advise. This is in reference to this article There was this nice article by that on Oil Pulling. Please check: BREAKING MYTHS ON OIL PULLING – Oil pulling is a technique that involves swishing 1 - 2 tablespoon of oil in the mouth on an empty stomach. This is to be done first thing in the morning for 10 - 20 minutes, making sure that no oil is swallowed. The most commonly used oil is coconut oil, due to its antiseptic properties. This action supposedly draws out toxins from the oral cavity to improve oral hygiene. Yes, it is important to maintain oral hygiene on a regular basis which is why we brush our teeth everyday, rinse the mouth after eating and prevent collection of food in between the teeth. Most important for oral hygiene is the nature of food we put into our mouths. Whether they are whole, fresh, raw and natural, or whether they are fragmented, refined, fried, sugary or machine made, which bacteria in our teeth adore! When it comes to oil pulling, for maintaining oral health, the fact remains that we are coating our mouth with an immiscible (unmixable) liquid. This blocks the porous cell wall in the mouth, preventing the natural exchange of nourishment and removal of toxicity. With oil pulling, this toxicity actually gets trapped within the cell leading to damage. Cleaning of toxins is an automatic, internal function done by the body. When the body is given time, space and energy, it cleans all its toxic debris by itself. Like we don’t do anything for the body to breathe or pump blood, there is no need to externally activate the cleansing process. When cleaning is activated externally, in isolation, in the oral cavity, cells in other parts of the body also get activated. This activation can lead to inflammation, ulceration, induration in either the oral cavity or another part of the body. A domino effect is created. The swishing movement works towards creating a pumping action. This opens up the lymphatic channels which is why the toxins move out. This is short term. Once the channels open, they need material to clean toxin which oil does not provide. Though short term superficial action of cleaning occurs in the mouth, long term the teeth become weak. The fact remains, that Nature does not provide us fat in its isolated form as oil. Nature has provided fat in the form of absorbable fatty acids which are in the form of Nuts. While Nuts are provided by Nature, oil is a refined by-product of Nuts. It is a myth that oil pulling is done using a natural product. Secondly, the fact that not a single drop of oil should reach the stomach is enough reason to believe it is not based on Natural principles. Thirdly, oil makes the medium of the oral cavity, acidic. In acid, germs breed. The oral cavity is full of natural microbial flora, which are necessary and required to break down food. In an acidic medium this good microbial flora changes into so called bad germs. Lastly, ever tried swishing oil for 10 to 20 minutes? Non stop? In that time you could be drinking fresh coconut water, or chewing on a juicy Mango, to ensure a naturally alkaline oral environment!
I am 46 years old having pain in my left jaw for last 7 days. When I chew or open my mouth I feel pain. What should I do?
Bad breath is a condition that is also known as Halitosis in medical terms. It is mostly caused by the sulphur producing bacteria that lurk around beneath the surface of the tongue. This is what produces the foul odour. These bacteria grow with the help of protein that gets deposited in your mouth, and may develop even faster when there is poor oral hygiene at play. The causes of this protein deposit may include food debris, bleeding, mucus blood, infection and disease in the gums or oral tissues.
So how can you naturally combat this bad breath problem? Read on!
- Oral Care Products: Your very first step should be to change your oral hygiene products like toothpastes and mouthwashes in order to bring in products that are specifically used for fighting bad breath and the related causes or problems. Brushing and flossing at least twice a day, or even after every meal is an absolute necessity that one must not compromise on.
- Fibre Rich Food: It is important to have plenty of fibre rich food as this helps in preventing bad breath or Halitosis since the fibre content is known to flush toxins out effectively.
- Junk and Processed Food: Food that has too much of sugar or artificial sweeteners and food that is packaged and processed with artificial flavourings and emulsifiers, can be bad for the digestive system in general. This kind of food also tends to create bad breath and should be avoided in case you are already suffering from this condition.
- Medication: it may come as a surprise to you that there are certain medicines like antidepressants and diuretics that can lead to side effects like drying of the mouth, which in turn can cause a problem of bad breath. So, it would be recommended to steer clear of this kind of medication for a while until the bad breath problem abates.
- Tea: Drinking green and black tea can be beneficial for people suffering from this condition as both these types of tea happen to contain substances known as polyphenols that can help in fighting oral bacteria and sulphur compounds. Apart from this, one must also drink plenty of water in order to keep the mouth fresh and to help the digestion work in a better.
- Dentures and Braces: If you happen to be wearing dentures and braces, then you may want to clean these regularly and maintain good oral hygiene so that you do not suffer from bad breath.
Bad breath can be a confidence killer and one should get it checked in case it is a persistent and prolonged problem.