Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. AnjaliYour feedback matters!
Hi I'm recently delivered a baby boy by c section before 3 week ago I have few queries to ask doctor 1. When will I start massage my tummy 2.when will I start exercise 3.How I lose my weight ,i gain 30 kg extra weight in pregnancy. In 9 th month I was carry 93 kg Now it is 83 kg. Very tensed how to lose. 4.i have teeth pain, knee and wrist pain since a week 5.i have very less breast milk. 6.Acne occur on my face during pregnancy Actually my skin is normal but in pregnancy it becomes so oily. 7.how to lessen my stretch mark I request to doctor Kindly answer my all questions step by step.
My wife started taking oral contraceptive pill from 10th day. And also we started sex from 10th day and so on. Will she get pregnant?
I am 26 year old . I am married . And m having pregnancy of one month and at the same time my reports said that m having gallstones too. What should I do. Can I keep my pregnancy or not. Also m going for a laparoscopic surgery after 10 days. Will my pregnancy be safe or not. M so worried.
Iam 29years old, and my weight is 69kgs, I have hypothyroidism since 2004 with a recent reading of 8.5MmicroIU/ml, we are planning for a baby, if I want to conceive will this level of TSH Interfere? If means how much should I reduce in order to conceive quickly, I mean to ask what is the optimum level of TSH for conceiving? Kindly advice?
Strokes occur when blood to the brain gets interrupted or reduced. When this occurs, brain cells begin to die as they don't get enough nutrients and oxygen. Such life-threatening episodes can strike you anytime.
There are certain signs that can help you to clearly recognise an occurrence of stroke:
- Face drooping on one side
- Weakness or numbness on one side of the body, usually a leg or an arm
- You're unable to think or say anything clearly
- You experience slurred speech
- Difficulty in moving your tongue
- You get a sudden and severe headache
What Tests can be Done to Identify the Stroke?
There are certain tests that you can do to identify these warning signs.
- To identify facial weakness, the smile test is used wherein you're simply asked to show your teeth to check for any changes in this facial expression - a lopsided smile.
- To check for weakness in the body, the arm test is performed in which you raise both your arms to the same height. In case you're unable to do so, you may be experiencing arm weakness, a sign of stroke.
- For slurring of speech, you may be asked to repeat sentences such as 'Don't cry over spilt milk' or 'The pen is mightier than the sword'.
- Stroke can also be identified through the walk test wherein with the help of another person, you walk across the room to check for changes in your step.
If not treated in time, strokes can cause permanent brain damage. More importantly, unlike heart attacks, anxiety may not always be the cause of your stroke symptoms. That's why, being aware of these symptoms and recognising them on time can help you to quickly seek medical assistance.
What is ectopic pregnancy?
Ectopic pregnancy is also known as tubal pregnancy, is a complication wherein, the fertilised eggs attach themselves outside the uterus. In most cases, it causes severe internal bleeding and serious infections. It is a very serious condition that warrants prompt medical attention as soon as it is diagnosed. Mostly, in this type of pregnancy, the fertilised egg attaches itself to the fallopian tube inside the body; the reason why it is known as tubal pregnancy. In rare cases, the egg might attach itself to the cervix, ovary or parts of the abdomen.
Symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Salpingitis (inflammation and infection of one’s fallopian tubes)
- Rupture of the corpus luteum cyst (a kind of ovarian cyst)
- Urinary tract infection
- Severe abdominal pain
- Excessive vaginal bleeding
- Pelvic pain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Peritonitis (inflammation of the membrane that lines the abdomen cavity)
- Rupture in the fallopian tubes which can lead to fainting and excessive pain
- Pain on one side of the body
Treatment for ectopic pregnancy
This complication in pregnancy can be diagnosed by an ultrasound as the doctor sees the growth on the fallopian tube. A pregnancy test or a pelvic exam also helps in detecting ectopic pregnancy. If not treated on time, ectopic pregnancy can prove to be fatal.
Listed below are a few treatment options for ectopic pregnancy:
- A particular medication known as methotrexate is used to end an ectopic pregnancy.
- In some cases, one might need surgery to get rid of the pregnancy. In certain complicated cases, it might be necessary to remove the tube with the foetus. This kind of surgery which removes the foetus and the tube is calling salpingectomy. The surgeon usually makes a small incision near the navel and removes the tube using a laparoscope.
- Having an abortion due to this complication can be heartbreaking and emotionally distressing for the mother as it is just like an abortion where the entire tissue is removed from your fallopian tube. To get over the trauma of losing a baby, you could join pregnancy loss groups or avail help from a therapist.