Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. AnjaliYour feedback matters!
My periods started on 20 nov 2016. And I have not had periods till today. I got married few days back. We had sex yesterday. Will I get pregnant. I did not tell him about my irregular periods. Did I have any disease. Pls say will I get pregnant or not.
Is it okay to take contraceptive pill aftr having unprotected sex Within 24 hours fo 20 age Girl .is it safe ya i'll face problem Please rply early.
My mother is present of blood sugar she is feeling every time weakness. I want know to how much dangerous it is.
Is hair transplant is successful in india. Will hairs grow as normal hair after transplant. What would be the charges of transplant. What is time period of transplant. Is it painful. I live in Delhi/Faridabad where can I undergo for hair transplant. In what time it iwll be normal.
My girlfriend is so fair but her vagina is soo black, thats because of veet, its not good to see. Please suggest me any ointment or any medicine to available for this issue.
My wife is having uti. It occurs very frequently. After comletin the antibiotic course it seems am fit but again reoccurs. Can you tell me whether excessive use of condoms is the cause or what else. Give me remedy and say me whether it will create prob for pregnency.
I'm 20 years old super skinny girl (naturally), trying to put on some muscle mass. Since 2 years I'm having a problem of white discharge. Just wanted to know that is white discharge responsible for my skinny body?
Sir please can any one tell me the answer .i met my gf yesterday we both are virgins and for the 1 st time I had rubbed my penis over her vagina I didn't got ejaculate but little bit of wet observed on my penis tip is there any chance for pregnancy? I had mental tension about this please help me out with your answer.
I am fat and not getting periods regularly, my mom is threatening me. Will it create problem in future?
Me and a friend of mine were messing around almost on the 19th or 20th of this month. And we were naked. And my penis was leaking with the pre- ejaculate liquid. But I did not rub my penis on her vagina. It just touched her vagina slightly once or twice. And after having that, she went and washed her vagina. But now from past two or three days she is feeling vomitish, gassy, and a slight headache also I am afraid she might be pregnant What do you think it could be doctor And she got off her period on the 18th. And we did all that on the 19th or 20th of may. It all happened this month only. It's been like 10-12 days since it happened. What do we do? Is she pregnant?
There are a number of contraceptives available but which method of birth control suits you depends on your sexual life, preferences and your lifestyle as a whole. Professional medical help should be sought in order to understand what method of contraception sis ideal for you.
Here is a list of 4 types of contraceptives for birth control.
1. Barrier methods - Barrier methods are designed to prevent the sperm from entering the uterus. They constitute-
- Diaphragms: It is a shallow and flexible cup that is made of either latex or soft rubber. It is inserted into the vagina before the sexual intercourse where it prevents the sperm from entering the uterus.
- Cervical caps: It is a thin cup of silicone whose function is same as the diaphragm, only it is smaller in size, so less noticeable and more rigid as well.
- Contraceptive sponges: These are soft foam sponges that are filled with spermicide and are disposable. They are also inserted into the vagina before sexual intercourse in order to prevent pregnancy by killing the sperm cells or preventing them from entering the vagina.
- Spermicides: These are chemicals that can kill the sperm and hence assist in birth control.
Other methods include male condoms and female condoms.
2. Hormonal methods - Hormonal methods use hormones in order to either stop or regulate ovulation so as to prevent pregnancy. There are various methods through which hormones can be injected into the body. Some of them are-
- Contraceptive patch: It is a thin patch made of plastic that sticks to the skin and is responsible for releasing hormones into the bloodstream through the skin.
- Vaginal rings: A thin, flexible ring that is inserted into the vagina where it stays for 3 weeks and is removed after that, only to be re-inserted in the 5th week.
- Implantable rods: They are inserted under the skin of the upper arm of women where they release progestin.
Other methods include contraceptive pills and progestin-only pills.
3. Intrauterine methods of contraception - The intrauterine device is a small device, T-shaped that is inserted into the uterus in order to prevent pregnancy. The good thing about intrauterine devices is that they can remain functioning for many years at a stretch. IUDs are two types-
- Hormonal IUD(Intrauterine Device)
- Copper IUD
Sterilization is the most reliable contraceptive for birth control as it is permanent. It either prevents the release of sperm or the fertilization of the egg. Sterilization methods can either be surgical or non-surgical. Some of the sterilization techniques are-
- Tubal ligation: It is the surgical technique used in females.
- Vasectomy: It is the surgical technique of male contraception.
Other methods include sterilization implants.