Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am 26 years old girl. Delayed my menses. Wen I scan the doctor said that i am conceived. I have check my hcg blood test but in that test normal. N urine strip test also normal. I am sad doctor please tell me why like this happen. Thy told me that I have thyroid problem also.
Hi doctors I'm 36+6 weeks pregnant 2 cms dilated 40%effaced from past 4 days I will be in labor please tell me as I don't want baby to born in ths week. I want baby to born on Jan is that possible.
When it comes to giving birth, vaginal delivery is considered to be the most natural process. However, several women nowadays opt for C-section or Cesarean section to avoid the labour pain that accompanies natural birth. If you are pregnant and weighing the pros and cons of natural and C-section delivery, here are a few things to consider.
The Pros of this method of delivery are as follows:
- From the psychological perspective, women who undertake a vaginal delivery have a positive birth giving experience. Women undergoing this method think they should be present in the process.
- The recovery time for women opting for vaginal delivery is shorter. The mother and the baby can make skin contact right after the delivery, which enhances the bonding process.
- Babies who are born through vaginal delivery develop much fewer medical complications. There are fewer respiratory problems, allergies and the baby can start breastfeeding soon.
The Cons of vaginal delivery are as follows:
- Vaginal delivery is a stressful process for the women undergoing it and the time required cannot be predicted. Some deliveries take less time, while others may take hours.
- Usually, there are no cons for the babies who are born via vaginal delivery. In very rare cases, brain injury can be experienced.
The pros of this type of delivery method are as follows:
- Many women choose Caesarean sections to avoid long labor hours. Planned C-section surgeries enable the mother to plan the birth. Better control is acquired over the delivery, which can be predicted properly.
- In case your baby is large, or if you are carrying twins, C-section is the best delivery option.
- If the mother has diseases such as HIV or the mother's blood has a high viral load, C-section surgeries should be opted as the risk of the infection being passed on to the baby is decreased.
The cons of Cesarean section surgery are as follows:
- C-section is a major surgery and a long time is required for recovery. There may be risks of infection, but they can be prevented by caring for the surgical wound properly. C-section delays the breastfeeding process and the mother cannot have immediate contact with her baby, which can affect the bonding.
- Some babies, delivered through C-section may have respiratory problems. C-sections may also cause complications, such as problems with anaesthesia.
While both processes have their pros and cons, it is best to discuss with doctor to understand which process will suit you more. Depending on your pregnancy and whether there are any complications involved, your doctor will suggest the best way possible.
My daughter (18years nw) gets her periods twice a month since one and half year. We have consulted a doctor who said it was pcos. So took the treatment (apcod sachets) for 6 months. After d course, when she stopped taking d medicine, same problem is seen, I. E periods twice a month. Could it be pcos at all? Or could it be some other reason? Because, I heard that pcos will cause no periods or a long gap Btw two cycles. But my daughter gets twice a month. What could possibly cause periods twice in a month? Please tel us d possible reasons.
Polycystic ovaries are quite a common problem nowadays due to sedentary habit and excessive intake of out sided junk food.
-excessive weight gain
- irregular menstrual period
- difficulty in conception
- excessive hair growth over face
-the first line of treatment is weight reduction by regular exercises and by avoiding junk food
If still the weight is not controlled then medicines are given to normalize period and to improve fertility rate.
Sir/Madam I am Married, I have hypothyroidism, my previous reading was 8.5MicroIU/ml, I have consulted physician he has increased my dosage to 50mcg, previously I was taking 25mcg. Now recently I have checked tsh level is 0.19MicroIU/ml (Normal Range Mentioned-0.30-5.5) I was shocked to see my report, it has almost gone below the normal, T3-122ng/dl (60-200) and T4-12.4microg/dl (4.5-12.0. So my question is, is it normal to have such levels what should I do now? What could be the cause, still I have not get my period. Kindly suggest?
A girl doing sex with proper contraceptive. Period of girl delay. Can period delay due to first time sex. If period delay? How many days delay?
With the latest UPT results pregnancy came positive. This is my start of 6 week in 1st trimester. I feel nausea and hyperemesis all the time, please suggest a idle food to intake during this time.
I am having period problem the bleeding last for 10-12 days with pain in lower abdomen and inflamation in vegina. What to do?
I am 21/F and have a problem of irregular menstruation since i was 15. How much ever i workout my weight keeps on increasing and i weigh 100kgs right now! currently, on my gyno's advice, i am on OCP- ovral g, i get my periods with it but as soon as i leave it, to test any improvements, i again stop getting my periods! my weight and my periods are a huge issue for me now. Pls help!
During pregnancy, it is not uncommon for women to contract thyroid diseases like gestational hyperthyroidism and gestational hypothyroidism. The main problem, however, is that the symptoms of gestational hypothyroidism are very much similar to those, which can be observed during a normal pregnancy. The difficulty in differentiating between the two is the sole reason why many pregnant women are caught unawares, eventually resulting in further complications after the first trimester.
If gestational thyroid diseases are left untreated, you and your baby may experience a ton of problems such as preeclampsia, low birth weight, miscarriage and premature birth amongst others. Needless to say, if you already have a history of pre-existing hypothyroidism, then you will most certainly need more medical attention than is required.
Symptoms of gestational hypothyroidism, like high fatigue and excessive weight gain, are hardly distinguishable from those associated with a normal pregnancy. Other symptoms can also include:
- Severe constipation
- Muscle cramps
- Trouble sleeping
- Hair loss
- Dry skin
- Difficulty in concentration
- Memory problems
- Intolerance to cold temperatures
There may be a variety of causes that are responsible for the development of gestational hypothyroidism but the most common cause is usually an autoimmune disease known as Hashimoto's thyroiditis, which stimulates the body's immune system to attack thyroid gland cells, leading to a deficiency in the number of active thyroid cells and enzymes, and ultimately resulting in a shortage of the thyroid hormone.
Treatment for gestational hypothyroidism is normally uncomplicated, and follows just two simple steps:
- Proper diagnosis, via the use of a synthetic hormone called levothyroxine, which is very much similar to the hormone T4 produced by the thyroid.
- Continuous monitoring of thyroid function tests held every four to six weeks during pregnancy.
Though ovarian cysts can be well-treated with surgeries but not all surgeries are good for operating them. Thus, you have to choose the safest option that can help you to avoid adverse impacts after surgery.
Laparoscopic method is the approved surgical method that can operate ovarian cysts in the best possible manner. This treatment is completely painless, and thus you will not suffer at all while conducting the concerned method.
What is the best surgical method for ovarian cysts?
If you are looking for the best surgical method that can treat ovarian cysts, then nothing can be a better option other than laparoscopic surgery. There are many potential benefits of this surgical treatment for which it is more preferred in comparison to the traditional surgeries.
- Improved treatment: This treatment is quite an advanced treatment, which is not invasive and moreover, the count of side-effects is quite lower. Modernized surgical equipments are used in this regard so that ovarian cysts can be removed with great ease and convenience. Moreover, the chances of medical malpractices or errors can be completely eliminated, and thus the patients remain safe.
- Needs short tenure: This treatment does not take a long time, and rather it can be completed within a short time. You do not have to stay at the hospital for long rather can get discharged on the same day treatment takes place. Thus, you can save a lot of medical expenses.
- Reduction in sufferings caused due to surgery: Sufferings due to surgery can be reduced or completely eliminated to a great extent, and this is one of the leading reasons why this treatment is preferred for removing ovarian cysts. You will not face any painful sensation and on the other hand, the trouble of blood transfusion is also avoided in this case.
- No exposure to contaminants: Internal organs will be protected against different kinds of contaminants by implementing laparoscopic surgery. If the organs get contaminated, then the possibility of postoperative infections will rise. Infectious diseases are very much dreadful.
- Small incision-size: Incision size is quite small, and this is really quite beneficial in preventing different unwanted symptoms like pain, excessive bleeding and others. You do not have to take strong medications for getting rid of post-surgery symptoms. Scar tissues often get affected by infectious diseases, but in this case, it does not happen, and thus you will remain completely safe and secured.
Sir My wife is pregnant she has second trimester (17 week) I want to my baby must be handsome but we have normal color what should I done.Please tell.
Salads in Our Life
Salad contains various types of Vitamins, calcium, folic acids, a fiber that helps to prevent chronic diseases such as cancer and heart diseases.
Salad helps in improving digestive health.
Eating salads is a great way to increase your vegetable intake and vegetables contain anti-oxidants which help in boosting the immune system.
Raw Foods in salads means no loss of vitamins and minerals due to cooking- When you're eating uncooked foods you're giving your body the maximum vitamins and nutrients available in various foods.
Almost every salad is fat-free and good for the skin and health.
Salad can increase your hydration level most veggies are majority water, so when you eat them you naturally hydrate your body.
Salads are low in calories, so eating salads instead of fatty foods helps you slim down your waist.
Eating salads helps to reduce cravings, for other fatty Foods.
Initially, eating a small amount of salad before a meal will help to prevent over-eating.
It works great for the persons with diabetes and Vegetable salads keep weight down.
Sprouted salads keep your nails strong and hair lustrous.
Salads keep the diseases away from our body.
Green salads are extremely low in calories and help to regulate metabolism in the body.