Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My baby is 9 months old and suffering from common cold and cough. Can I use ascoril ls drops for cough.
Hello doctor, From last one year I'm suffering from a kind of infection. Every time I use to itch at the infected place &at the infected place skin became black & it spreading to other place. I'm feeding mother if I use medicine can my baby get any kind of health problem due to feeding If no problem for baby means what you kind of medicine I can use.
My son who is 3 and half does not like going to school. It's been a month now. He wants that we should collect him early from school as compared to his classmates. He daily weeps while sleeping. I have inquired at school as well. All is well. Normal primary school in Srinagar. I have inquired with my child many a times daily as well. He just doesn't want to go away from me. I feel so bothered He is good at studies. Whatever I teach or at school he quickly grasps it. Only problem is he is unsociable. what to do? Please help a distressed mother.
My son of 3 yr is suffering from loose stops from past one month. We took homeopathic treatment in previous month and stools were under control as soon as we stopped home medicines, the infection occurred again so we visited paediatric doctor and they prescribed zenflox and enterogermina along with zentel to kill worms. And zincovit. We also took his ultrasound of abdomen and there were no specific finding according to doctor. Now even after taking 7 days of zenflox plus. enterogermina kid passes 3 to 4 watery stools. Please suggest. He is already weighs just 12.3 kg ans has become very weak.
My Niece got admitted in a hospital for Dehydration 2 Days ago she is 2 years old and 10.8 kg weight , The Iv till now used is approx 4 bottles with some medicine antibiotics . Doctor is saying to keep another 2 days . My query is it normal these many bottle of Iv is used for a small kid .i am bit confused.
Children have never been good at listening to their elders but they have never failed to imitate them. Best way to effectively teach children something is by being a role model to your kid. Kids want to know there is a shared journey. Elders shouldn’t do the same stuff they deny.
I am feeling that I am somewhat special, if I go in front of mirror, I start to think who is she, my parents are not mine, every thing which is mine it's seeming that it's not mine actually. These type of feeling actually effecting me. what should i do ?
Hi my daughter is 1.3 years old she is fit and fine but the thing is she's urine was very dirty smell last 3-4 months can you suggest me any solutions for this.
Is par curable? my son (5year old) has mild asthma but allergic rhinites all the year. Doctors of allopathy said if it is not cured asthma will not go. They have given mometasone nasal spray and montec lc for one month. The problem is that after the course of montec lc is completed ar comes back despite the constant use of mometasone. What should I do? I have tried Ayurveda medicine (prescription medicine) without effect.
My 4yrs son is suffering from constipation and he passes stool in two or three days he is under homeopath treatment and during homeopath course he is suffering from fever and cough I gave him allopathic medicine and after 3-4 days I noticed white spots on his face why they Appeared ? Is they due to side effect of Both pathy taking together or some other reasons.
The primary or milk teeth begins to erupt at about 6 months of life with the complete set in place by 2.5 years of age, and the entire set is replaced by the age of 14. The benefits of some of the preventive dental measures are outlined below.
- Maternal care during pregnancy: The teeth begin to form during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is very important that the maternal diet includes sufficient amounts of calcium, potassium, and fluoride for optimal tooth mineralization. Good tooth structure has greater resistance to decay than hypomineralized teeth.
- Routine oral hygiene: For the first 6 months, though there are no teeth, after each nursing, end it with a spoonful or two of water to wash down the milk. Gradually, the gums can be just wiped with a gauze pad or soft cotton to remove any residual bacteria. The baby also gets used to this habit, and once the teeth are in, there are lesser bacteria for the decay process to begin. Once the teeth begin to erupt, the nursing habits also need to be modified to ensure the baby is not allowed to go to sleep with a bottle. This is a common practice to put the baby to sleep and should be avoided to reduce the occurrence of nursing bottle caries.
- Fluoride application: Fluoride has been shown to have significant benefits in preventing caries. Once routine dental visits begin, then the dentist will be able to tell if fluoride needs to be applied. This can happen either in the form of a gel or varnish that is applied in the dental office or as a paste that is used at home. This helps in building resistance to decay.
- Pit and fissure sealants: The tooth has a number of pits and fissures which are 8 times more vulnerable to decay than other surfaces. Deep pits are shown to harbor more bacteria and thereby greater incidence of caries. There are sealants which are thin resins that can be applied on the tooth, which can reduce bacteria accumulation and further decay.
- Space maintainers: In the event that a child has lost a tooth, either due to trauma or decay and subsequent infection, then a space maintainer should be placed within the next 3 months. This helps in maintaining the space and establishing a good bite during the transition phase and later, once the permanent teeth are in place.
- Orthodontic treatment: If there is malocclusion, then early intervention helps by reducing treatment time and getting better results as the teeth and periodontium are still very elastic and are more malleable to movement.
By doing these preventive measures early in life, the result is a child who has healthier teeth, less decay, less pain, and a happy smile all the time! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.
My son is 4 1/2 and this is his second year in preschool. I can honestly say that I have been trying to teach him his ABC's and 123's for about 2 years now. He knows the ABC song and can count to 16. But when asked if he can find a certain letter or number, he usually does not know. He does recognize numbers 0-3 and maybe about 10 letters, but that is it. He is not interested. While teaching him, I have used puzzles, books, workbooks, DVD's, number and alphabet charts, Leap Frog hand held games as well a v-tech. I have also used a reward system with m&m's, tossing a ball for every correct answer, making a big deal about it, telling him how proud I am, etc. He is just not getting it and I am at my witts end. It took him about a year to learn his colors. And that was a nightmare. I know this is not normal, and I don't know what to do. I was hoping to get more information on what may be wrong. Thank You.
Hi mam my son is 8 month old. From 3 month till now he is watching video in mobile. Does it effect his eyes? He is addicted to watching videos in mobile. Does it has effect.
Good afternoon Dr. My son who is 5 years weight 12kg only has recently stated having red eyes and has minute discharge that comes after waking up from sleep. Worried about his eyes and want to put on some weight, as he is very skinny. Please advise.
My 10 months old baby doesn't like eating pureed food. Please let me know what food can I give her now and how much meal to serve her in a day. She is on breastfeeding and also outside milk/ formula can be given as she wants only breast milk no solids.
We live in a desert with frequent sand storms and dusty conditions. My 4.25 years old daughter gets severe coughs 2-3 times every year in winters. The coughing get so intense that she can't sleep we have to give her anti allergic for 3-4 weeks and antibiotics in case the cough gets infected. Summers are not as bad for her. How to boost her immunity, what precautions should we take, any changes in the diet etc. Kindly advise.
My daughter is 7 years old. She often gets fever. It starts suddenly, and increases up to 103-104F. She is vaccinated properly .Now we are using homeopathic medicines. It gives better results to her when compared to allopathy. But we are unable to control the temperature. It gradually increases up to 103 F and reduces up to 100F at early morning and again raises upto 103 by evenings. This condition remains for at least 3 days .later the temperature goes down to below normal and she becomes very weak .We consulted many doctors. All blood test reports are normal. But there is no improvement . She is studying 2nd STD and she is very active and intelligent too. What do I do for her? How do I know the actual reason behind her health problem? Please suggest me. The reports are as follows. Complete blood picture (method: Capillary Photometric) Hb : 12.9 MCV : 77 MCHC : 35.7 ESR : 13 Remaining values are normal. Vit. B12 : 795 PG/ml UsCRP. : 6.9 mg/l Widal : negative QBC : negative Urine : 2-3 pus cells in HPF.
My baby girl is only 2 months old and she is suffering from cold and do not want to feed as she habituated. Her nostril is blocked and she is taking breath from her mouth. I gave her nasoclear nasal drop but it is a temporary solution and a sound is coming from her chest. What is the solution and how would I give her relief from this situation? A information I am giving that she is not doing breastfeed she feed from bottle.
Scabies is a highly infectious disease, which is caused by very tiny wingless insects called the Human itch mite or scabies mite. The insect lays 1 to 3 eggs daily after burrowing into the skin. A small, almost invisible blister is formed on the area. You might also feel an urge to itch especially at night, which would likely cause a red rash to form on the scratched area. Sides of fingers, in between the fingers, the back of your hands, the wrists, elbow, and armpits are the common areas where scabies affect. It is generally spread when you come in close contact to any infected person or their belongings. Scabies can occur at any age, but is most common among children.
Treating scabies with homeopathy:
Homeopathy, due to its safe and natural medicines are the best alternative in treating scabies. It attacks the infection at the roots and does not let it reappear. Here given below are some of the best homeopathic remedies:
- Sulphur: If you are suffering from a recurrent or suppressed form of scabies, Sulphur is one of the best remedy for you. You might feel an intense urge to scratch the area, which worsens with when washed and exposed to heat. Your skin might be extremely sensitive to air, wind as well as washing.
- Causticum: If you have scabies in the folds of the skin and between the thighs, causticum works well for you. Intense itching, scratching and soreness are some of the symptoms you experience.
- Arsenic Album: The infection occurs in the bend of your knees and it could be dry as well as full of small pustules. You may experience itching and a burning sensation around the area. Application of cold water may also make you feel better. These symptoms are well treated with Arsenic Album.
- Sepia: It is one of the best homeopathic remedy if you have scabies, and scratching the area as much as it feels, would not give you any kind of relief. Your skin might turn pinkish and the condition worsens when exposed to open air. You may also feel better in a warm room.
- Psorinum: You can opt for this medicine if you have any past history of scabies. If your infection has not been properly cured, it can result into internal infection e.g., asthma, heart ailments etc. You might not want to stop itching until your skin starts bleeding. You may feel better if you lie down for some time.