Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anil Maheshwari
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anil MaheshwariYour feedback matters!
My skin gets some problem. When I sword ,a bad smell spread away. Perfume is always be used. Actually I want to know has there any medicine or will it be any problems in future?Please tell.
Sir mere lips ke pass phoda (bada dana) nikal gya hai. Sir bhut pain ho RHA hai. Karib 4 din ho gye h shi nhi ho RHA h Sir on my face come big pimples beside lips who gave me so much pain? Sir how I recover that problem. My face or lips is totally bad & some bend.
I have tanning in very much amount on my face lips neck and hands. What can be done to remove tanning and get a shining skin?
I have lots of pimple and oil on my face it's really hurts please help me and how to avoid a oili face.
Why prostate gland grow larger, cause behind this. What are the precautions to be maintained before the occurrence of the disease.
Melanoma is a form of skin cancer that is caused due to many reasons. This condition mainly indicates a severe malfunction of the melanocytes or the melanin producing cells of the body. These cells are responsible for giving you your skin colour, tone and complexion. Usually, a person suffering from melanoma will have many normal and irregular moles as well as melanoma in the eye and digestive tracts too. So, what are the causes of this condition? Read on to find out.
- Skin Cell Development: The general process of skin renewal includes the rise of new skin cells to the surface in a routine and continuous manner. This skin cell development can get hindered due to a number of reasons like DNA damage. When this happens, the dead skin cells accumulate instead of falling off to make space for the new cells, and this can cause a mass of cancerous cells to form.
- Fair Complexion: Having an excessively fair skin tone may point towards lack of melanin or pigment in the skin. This erodes the protection that one naturally gets when exposed to the harmful Ultraviolet rays of the sun. This can increase the risk of contracting melanoma. Also, people with freckles, red or blonde hair, and even blue eyes can fall prey to this condition.
- Location: Your geographic location also matters to a great extent when it comes to this disease. People living closer to the equator have reported increased cases of this disease due to over exposure to Ultraviolet rays. The direct and harsh rays of the Sun can also lead to this condition.
- History: When you have a history of sunburns or if you are particularly susceptible to them, then you may end up with melanoma. Blistering sunburns and too many moles can also lead to this condition. Dysplastic nevi or many unusual modes with irregular shape, size and colour also indicate an increased risk of falling prey to melanoma. Also, if you have had a family history of this disease, then there are chances of contracting the same, as you may have inherited the carrier gene too.
- Immune System: Much like many other diseases and cancers, this condition also greatly depends on the state of your immune system. Patients who have recently recovered from organ transplants, other such procedures, and diseases can find themselves at the weak end of their immunity, which makes them susceptible to such kinds of cancer.
Melanoma should be treated in a proper way by a specialist from the Oncology department.