Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Anil MahendakarYour feedback matters!
Lasik treatment for eye is harmful it have any side effects should I go for it my age is 21 years and what is the cost of it?
My eyes where paining from past three days. What should I do please advice me the best thing l can do?
I fill like keep on rubbing my eyes and it becomes wet and starts watering so please suggest any drops so that I stop rubbing them.
I had a injury in my right eye and retina was damaged and done Operation on my childhood after that I didn't got my vision I able to see blurred nly it is possible to retain my vision back.
I am a 23 years old and my eyes become swell and getting pain. So I can't sleep well. Please what can I do?
I had cataract operation of my right eye on 28.4.2016. On 1st. Post operative examination I was given HYPERSOL-5 to apply for 10 days along with AUROFLOX, KETTUR LS AND GATILOX DM for 52 days as prescribed. After complication of the usual medication , on review I was advised to continue KETTUR LS for further one month and thereafterLOTECHEK LS which I am continuing for one a day for the next five days. I am having difficulty in reading news paper and seeing TV. This medication will complete on 13.8.2016. I am 78 years old not having BP or Diabetic etc. So far I know after operation there was a little swelling near the cornea. I hope my eye will be all right. Kindly give some advice.
I've got my c3r done in both my eyes. But there is always an urge to rub my eyes. Can you tell me what are the ways by which I can take some precautions. And is there any thing to worry about.
Eye allergies or allergic conjunctivitis involves the inflammation of the conjunctiva in the eyes. Eye allergies are different from contagious or bacterial conjunctivitis. Eye allergies are common during summer. Homeopathy is an ideal way to cure eye allergies without any side effects.
Here are some homeopathic medicines, which treat eye allergies, along with the symptoms when they are prescribed.
- Apis Mel: This homeopathic medicine is ideal for eye allergies characterized by burning and stinging in the eyes. Oedema accumulates around the eyes; the eyelids swell and become puffy. Watery discharge comes out of the eyes.
- Euphrasia: This is an ideal medicine for treating eye allergies where there is an acrid discharge from the eyes. The discharge is acidic and burns the skin it comes in contact with, and there is burning pain in the eyes. The eyes stay watery.
- Argentum Nitricum: It is an ideal homeopathic remedy in case of eye allergies with prulent discharge. The patient develops photophobia and splinter like pain is felt in the eyes. The conjunctiva swells and the discharge is abundant.
- Ruta: This is a great homeopathic medicine to cure eye allergies where there is a sensation of a foreign body in the eyes. Indicated by severe eye irritation, the patient feels as if a dust particle is stuck in his eyes. The eyes become red and quite painful.
- Pulsatilla: Pulsatilla is an ideal homeopathic medicine when there is relief due to the application of cold water. Symptoms include discharge of a thick, yellow fluid from the eyes along with itching and burning. The eyelids feel like they have been agglutinated.
In case of eye allergies accompanied by itching or burning sensation, you can apply natural home-based eye remedies as well. They are:
- Applying a cold compress: Application of cold compress around the allergy affected area will give you relief. Soak a cloth in cold water and apply it gently. Use chamomile tea bags as a cold compress.
- Use cucumber: Put slices of cucumber over the affected area in the eyes to get relief from eye allergies. Cucumbers possess anti-irritation properties and reduce puffiness, swelling and irritation.
- Rosewater: Rosewater is an effective remedy for eye allergies. It soothes and cools the eyes, and the eyes become clear. You can use rose water as an eye drop or wash your eyes with it.
- Green tea: Green tea is completely natural and provides relief to eye allergies. It accounts for soothing the eyes and is anti-inflammatory in nature.
Eye allergies are common and affect people most during the summer. They reoccur every year and give you a bad time. Homeopathic and natural treatment methods for eye allergies are among the best remedies.