Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Aniketh JainYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 4 years old and she has a cavity in her left premolar tooth. Earlier it is not that much deep but now it is going deep. She is not at all ready to sit in front of dentist. So how to get rid of that cavity? please give a good suggestion.
My dauther is suffering by mouth ulcer from 6 year all type medicine are tried but no satisfaction they are increasing every month please suggest us what we can do my dauther age is 17 year. (her father)
I am 3o years old. And I have some teeth problem. My front teeth are very loose even there is smell and soiling. They giving regularly pain.
I have problem in sallowing food initially .When i start eating food there is a lot of cough for 5 minutes then i can eat full food without any coughing Dr says that the mortality of food pipe is reduced .Many time endoscopy done but no cause detected i am suffering with problem since more than 10 years
Hello Sir, mai apne dato se parisan rahta hu kbhi kbhimasudo se blood aane lagta hai aur kbhi kbhi durgandh v aati hai daat k rijhan se bahut Hi jyada parisan rahta hu please help me.
I have an problem that my mouth smells bad even I brush my teeth daily so what you suggest to do because it is very bad thing I think.
I m kenil in my mouth the above series of teeth in last one coming new so painful for that what to do.
My 2 premolar is full of cavity I mean if 2 premolar would be extracted instead of 1 premolar is it possible.
I was playing hockey and I have broken my teeth and now help me how to get treatment for this and from where?
I am 20 years old female and my problem is in my lower last side 2no. Teeth found look like damage condition for that I m very sad! please give me some solution!
I found every food spicy although its normal with other people I also hv eruption of wisdom teeth and pain in tonsils Pls suggest me what to do.
The gums are also called the periodontium which means perio for around and dontium for tooth as the gums are literally present "around the tooth." There is a softer mucosal portion that runs along the tooth in a curved manner and a stronger fibrous portion that connects the tooth to the jaw bone. Together, they provide the structural support for the tooth to be held in place. In addition they also have an aesthetic value with the healthy pink color.
The mouth has the largest number of bacteria in the body, which act on the food debris that is present on the tooth and the gums. This causes infection in both the gums and the tooth.
Types: Periodontal disease can be localized or general.
- Localized disease happens when a tooth is not accessible for thorough cleaning. The inside surface of lower incisors and outer surfaces of the upper last molars are common areas of localized periodontal disease.
- Generalized periodontal disease can be due to conditions like pregnancy, puberty, diabetes problem where gums around all the teeth are affected.
Symptoms: In both the cases, the following symptoms ensue:
- The gums are of a healthy pink color and if they turn darker hue of pink
- Swollen and/or painful gums
- Spontaneous bleeding: This may be localized or generalized
- Chronic bad breath: Due to food accumulation in the infected gums
- If it continues to form an abscess, pressure on the gums can produce pus
- Bad taste in the mouth (arising from pus in the gums)
- Gingival recession, producing an effect of having longer tooth
- Dentin is exposed leading sensitivity to hot or cold foods
- Loosening of the tooth
- Painful chewing, as it puts pressure on the inflamed periodontium
- Dentist will identify what are called pockets, which is an indication of severity - the deeper the pockets, the severe the disease.
Management and Prevention: Gum disease is very easy to identify and can be completely cured.
- Regular brushing and flossing can help maintain regular oral hygiene
- With each brushing session, plain finger massage of the gums improves blood circulation and their overall health
- Regular use of mouth rinse is a good way to improve gum health
- Regular visits to the dentist can help keep a check on the health of the teeth and the gums - early identification of disease and early treatment
- Once it has set in, deep scaling followed by root planing may be required to thoroughly clear out the infection
- More surgical options like gingival grafts, flap surgery, bone grafting in case of severe bone loss may be required.
- Management of conditions like diabetes
The best way to avoid periodontal disease is to know its symptoms, follow oral hygiene practices, and consult a dentist regularly.