Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ananth Purohith
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ananth PurohithYour feedback matters!
High I am 23 years old and have hair fall issue. I am working hence do not find much time to take care of them. Lost my hair volume Because of hair fall and dandruff. Please suggest a remedy.
Is there anyway for a person to know / detect 'Silent angina I think the risks are greater than that of angina with symptoms of pain. I am writing this because I have a very, very abnormal lipid profile which I know is a high-risk for sudden cardiac arrest. I am 67 years old, 164 cm ane weight 63.5 kilos.
Sir/madam I want to know about how much chances are there that homeopathy can treat listhesis? In case when all orthopedic suggesting for a surgery BT patient is suffering from blood pressure diabetes and thyroid value tsh 11?
Hi I am Vijay, 34 years male and diseased with HCM Hypertrophic Cardiomathopy. One of the Doctor has suggested me to take a medicine of hypertension tablet which is metocard XL 50 mg with this my blood pressure is normal in the beginning but now my blood pressure is 140/100. Please suggest me how to get BP normalized.
From last six seven months I have been closely monitoring my bp at home regularly on digital bp meter and my maximum readings are mostly around 123/75.124/70.128/80.132/80. 135/70.126/70.137/80.142/80. Etc. But whenever I visit my doctors clinic it shows around 160/90. Meanwhile two months before I have done several tests such as diabetes, thyroid,kft, lipid profile, ecg,2d echo, chest ex ray, usg pelvic, and all were perfectly normal and no abnormalities detected in any of these tests. Since then my doctor has prescribed me avacard 5 mg tab. My question is that do I really have high bp because at home on digital monitor it seems to be normal and at my doctors clinic it is around 160/80.160/90. Will I have to take bp medicines through out my life.
For a long time cholesterol in totality was seen as a bad thing for your body although the truth was a little more complicated than that. Cholesterol primarily is divided into two types, one of which can be categorized as bad cholesterol and the other as good cholesterol. Let's have an in-depth look at both the categories.
LDL or Low Density Lipoprotein aka bad cholesterol: Cholesterol is a wax like chemical which is found all over the body and it has important functions to perform. Cholesterol is carried all over the body by Lipoproteins. The low density lipoproteins are denoted as bad cholesterol as they can accumulate on the walls of the blood vessels and cause blockages resulting in many ailments. LDL levels of 190 and above are considered dangerous.
Some of the risks associated with it are:
HDL or High Density Lipoprotein aka good cholesterol: This is a form of cholesterol which is usually desired in higher quantities as it removes LDL from the system by dislodging it from the arteries and then carrying it through the bloodstream into the liver. The liver then breaks it down and removes it from the body. Thus, higher number of HDL cholesterol is always desirable. Some of the ideal numbers for HDL cholesterol within the body are:
For Women - Ideal: 60 mg/dl, dangerous: 50 mg/dl or lower
For Men - Ideal: 60 mg/dl, dangerous: 50 mg/dl lower
The role of triglycerides:
Good and bad cholesterol levels also depend on the levels of triglycerides within the body and not just LDL or HDL cholesterol. Triglycerides are another type of fat which are used to store energy within the body, but can also affect your health. It is most associated with atherosclerosis when the levels of triglycerides are high within the body.
Some habits that contribute to high levels of it are:
- Lack of physical activity
- Obesity or being overweight
- Excesses in alcohol consumption
- Bad diet and others
Thus the good cholesterol vs bad cholesterol war also includes other factors, most of which can be easily changed by making subtle changes in lifestyle and incorporating healthier habits. This will increase the good cholesterol and the other relevant elements and reduce the bad.
In my latest health check up. I found in my blood repirts that my hdl cholosterol is 29.5 and ldl is 96. The ratio is 5. I am 36 years old. What are its impact and how to improve it. Does it require medication?
I am 55 year old male. I high blood pressure patient last 3 year. Dr. Have suggested TMT test. Report positive last & current year. I am taking BP tablet regularly as per Dr. Advice. Please suggest do needful. Thanks.
1. Prevents cancer: as a magnificent source of vitamin c and different cell reinforcements, tomatoes can battle the development of abnormal cells that causes cancer. Lycopene has been connected with prostate tumour prevention. Epidemiologists recommend the consumption of tomato as it helps lower the possibility of prostate cancer. High fibre content of beta-carotene in fruits and vegetables has been proven to bring down the risk of colorectal cancer to a great extent.
2. Blood pressure: low sodium consumption keeps circulatory strain solid. Tomatoes are rich in potassium that helps in the same.
3. Heart's well-being: the fibre, potassium, vitamin c and choline content in tomatoes all bolster the heart's well-being. An expansion in potassium as well as a reduction in sodium is the most essential dietary change that an individual can make to lessen their danger of cardiovascular diseases. Tomatoes additionally contain folic corrosive, which keeps the homocysteine levels under control. It reduces the risk of heart diseases.
4. Diabetes: tomatoes help bring down the blood sugar level in people with type1 diabetes. Whereas, people with type 2 diabetes may have enhanced glucose, lipids and insulin levels. One measure of cherry tomatoes gives around 2 grams of fibre and helps them keep their levels neutralized.
5. Constipation: eating foods that are high in water substance and fibre like tomatoes can help with hydration and advance normal solid discharges. Fibre adds mass to stool and is important for bowel movement.
6. Eye health: tomatoes are a rich sources of lycopene, lutein and beta-carotene, which are intense cancer prevention agents. They have been helpful in protecting the eyes against harm related to the advancement of age-related macular degeneration.
7. Skin: collagen, a fundamental part of the skin, hair, nails and connective tissue, is dependent on vitamin c. An inadequacy of vitamin c leads to certain skin problems. As vitamin c is a capable cancer prevention agent, a low intake can affect the skin and cause harm from uv rays, infections and smoke. This usually results in wrinkles, hanging skin, blemishes and other antagonistic skin diseases.
8. Pregnancy: a good amount of folic acid needs to be present before and during pregnancy to ensure the infants good health inside the mother's womb. This can be found in tomatoes.type diabetes