Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. Anand SubraoYour feedback matters!
Headache is one of the 10 most disabling conditions overall.Over all types of headache 47% are due to migraine and tention type of headache.The prevalence of migraine headaches ranges from 8.4% to 18%.In addition to individual morbidity ,it results in great cost to society.Migraine is more prevelent in female and tention type headache is evenly distributted among both male and female.
Migraine is initialy episodic ,occuring 2 or lesstime/weak.It usualy disturb daily activities of patient and may progress to chronic migraine. Tention type of headache does not disturb daily routine of patient.Poor socioeconomic status,education,female gender,less sleep,anxiety and depression may transform episodic migraine to chronic migraine.
Sudden onset bursting headache is bad and one should consult the doctor immediatly
Overuse of pain killels can also cause headache
My wife aged 42 years is suffering from numbness in arms, back pain and pain in shoulders. Is this due to Gastric problems or else what ? Pl clarify , to which specialist I have to consult for her problems of numbness, pain in shoulders and back pain. Thanks in anticipation of right solution. Regards
Sir I m taking stalopam plus from 4 months. I feel positive. Now I have been switch to stalopam 10. I am now suffering from sleeplessness. And some tensions and depressed some time in day. Tell me what to do for my sleep. I want to get rid of these medicines.
I'm 19 years old, an an insomniac. I've tried having sleeping pills several times but was of no help. It's been nearly a month now that I'm suffering from this disease. What should I do?
Hot packs are very effective as they dilate blood vessels and increase blood flow, delivering needed nutrients and oxygen to cells in the area being heated, aiding the removal of cell waste and promoting healing.
- a person suffering from insomnia wakes up often during night and have trouble in going back to sleep again.
- or wakes up too early in morning
- or failure to maintain sleep
- or difficulty in falling asleep or the person goes late to sleep and feels very tired after waking uo.
Types of insomia- insomnia can be primary or secondary
Primary insomnia- when the sleeplessness is not associated with any kind of health problem it is termed as primary insomnia.
Secondary insomnia- when sleeplessness is associated with some health related problem like depression, asthma, arthritis, cancers it is said to be secondary insomnia.
Insomnia can be acute which is short lasting, where the problem last for one night to few weeks. Or it may be chronic which may last for 3 nights a week for a month or longer.
Some sleep disorders are caused by physical problems, the treatment of which can make sleeplessness disappear. Some are caused by medications and can be resolved by a change of prescriprion. Still others are caused by poor sleep habbits, such as too much napping which can be broken with education and efforts.
Below are some helpful hints for getting a good night rests:-
1. Maintain a regular sleep schedule. Getting up at the same time every morning synchronises the body's biological clock.
2. Keep the bedroom for sleeping. Don not read, watch tv or eat in bed.
3. If you do not fall asleep within 20 mins of going to bed, get up and read or listen to quite music untill you get sleepy.
4. Limit daytime naps.
5. Take 20-30 minutes warm bath before bed.
6. Drink a glass of milk just before bed.(warm or cold)
7. Avoid caffeinated beverages and chocolate in the afternoon and evening.
8. Don't drink alcohol before bed time. It can cause sleeplessness at night.
9. Exercise during the day but not before going to bed.
10. According to Dr. Anna wriz - justice leader of the research team at psychiatric university clinic of chronobiology ans sleep laboratory, switzerland, keeping the hands and feet warm in cold bedroom induces sleep quickly.
My father has been suffering from Parkinson's disease since 2007. Now it has reached a maximum severe condition. He has been taking levodopa supplement (Syndopa (levodopa carbidopa: 250 25) which has been wearing off and causing side effects like Involuntary movement, occasional dementia and he is becoming weaker day by day. We have consulted numbers of doctor including Neurologist, Medicine specialist and we could not find a better alternative of the drugs. We used Tridopa 100 (another levodopa supplement) but the dosage is not working for my father. What I an interested to know if there is any better treatment of this disease? His health is deteriorating day by day. Please let me know.
I am 20 and I have been suffering from migraine since 4-5 years. Actually no doctor detected it as migraine before. Now about 1 month ago an Rheumatologist detected it as migraine. I have been taking medicines since 2 months but they are not much effective.
Pin and electric feeling in all part of body. It is getting more when day progresses. I am just 32 old male. It is danger? I am going to get married soon. Should I skip my marriage. Please advice. My diabetes is in normal level.
I have uric acid count up to 6.6 ml . And my left leg thigh numbness has increased and acute back pain and leg pain . I'm on few medications , but is there anything I still can do ?
I am feeling numbness on my right hand for 3-4 days. Please help me understanding what could be my problem. Thank you.
My wife's upper body, stomach, chest, both hands & arms has gone kind of numb since 2 days now. What do we do? Which specialist should we see?
Woke up two days ago feeling like a was walking on a cloud. All my movements feel like they are slow motion it's is like I have to really think about how I need to move my body
Heavy medication is often not required to treat fatigue. Homeopathy is an effective approch to deal with fatigue as it stimulates the body to heal itself. In most cases, simply replenishing phosphate cell salts in the body can have a beneficial effect and give you more energy. These salts help regulate disturbances in the constitution of a person at a cellular level. Phosphorus salts or phosphate compounds can be found in our body fluids, tissues and organs. These salts are essential for energy production, communication between cells and other regulatory responses. It is also vital for healthy bones, teeth and membrane structures.
Take a look at these five cell salts and how they can revitalize you and help fight fatigue.
- Calcarea phosphate: This compound is a building block cell salt. It is essential for the healthy growth of teeth, bones and blood cells. It helps with a number of conditions created by structural stress and helps fight tiredness and restlessness. It is also a beneficial tonic for children exhausted by long periods of mental exertion such as studying.
- Ferrum phosphate: This is an iron compound that is critical to the health of blood cells. By fighting cold, cough and slight fever in the initial phase, it keeps the body healthy and helps build up the immune system. When alternated with calcarea phosphate, the iron in this cell salt is absorbed more easily. Thus Ferrum phosphate can also help regulate the hemoglobin levels in the blood and reduce physical weakness and fatigue.
- Kali phosphate: This potassium and phosphorus compound is considered as a nerve nutrient cell salt. It can be used to treat agitation and depression by calming the nerves. It also fastens the healing of damaged nerve structures. It can also help treat insomnia that follows a day of excitement and physical strain.
- Magnesium phosphate: This is an antispasmodic cell salt and is also known as the homeopathic asprin. It is essential for well structured muscles and their connective tissues. Magnesium phosphate helps muscles move smoothly and can be used to treat minor spasms, radiating pains and to relieve pen up tension and cramps. It can also ease painful menstrual cramps.
- Natrum phosphate: The body depends on this compound to break down acids and help with the digestive system. Thus this is considered as an acidity cell salt, which also helps with issues like headache, muscle ache, stiffness and fatigue.