Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anand P Mahambare
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anand P MahambareYour feedback matters!
Iron deficiency is a common condition in children. It occurs when there is a scarcity of iron in the child's system due to malnutrition. Iron is an extremely important mineral that is required for growth and development in young ones. It is used in transporting oxygen through the bloodstream and is essential for the functioning of the muscles. If the child's diet lacks iron then the condition might worsen and turn into anemia.
Children need different levels of iron intake at different ages for proper development of all mental and physical faculties. As the child gets older and reaches the age of puberty, the requirement of iron and other minerals also increases. Deficiencies can lead to various nutritional disorders that may cause severe complications.
The primary cause of iron deficiency in children is an improper diet which leads to a lack of nourishment. There are a number of other causes of the problem, some of which are as follows:
- Low birth weight
- Excessive intake of cow's milk at less than 2 years of age
- Feeding exclusively on breastmilk beyond 6 months of age
- Lead poisoning
- Insufficient intake of lean meat
- Pure vegetarian diet
- Gastrointestinal disease or infection
- Improper diet of the mother during pregnancy
- Chronic diarrhea
- Infestation of parasites in the digestive system.
If the problem arises due to dietary deficiency, it can be easily solved by making simple modifications to the child's diet plan. If the condition stems from other factors or diseases, the child must be taken to a doctor immediately for a medical diagnosis and remedial treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.
I have a eight months old baby I have been giving him food in plastic bowls is it ok or should other material should be used like steel or glass and can MELAMINE bowls be used.
Hi, my daughter is 5 years old and she is 12. 5 kg (last weight) she was 2.75 kg during her birth by c-section. She doesn't want to eat but she is very active no medical history but her legs actually tremble sometimes. I'm very worried mother kindly help with some tonic for strength and hunger.
Sir, my son is 18 months old. I got vaccination which is given after 18th month. After vaccination I realized that, where he was injected (thigh) is badly swelling and I can see a hard part (ganth) over there. Its been 11 days since he got vaccination. Have consulted that doctor also. She said that it will take a month to go. Medicines started to remove that swelling. My question is why this happened? and what should I do ?
A mother's prime focus always is how to ensure that her child is happy and comfortable, especially when the child is too small. One of the problems which bothers many mothers who are bringing up really small children, is diaper rash. Sensitive skin, tight diaper and prolonged contact with feces and urine etc are common reasons for diaper rash or irritant diaper dermatitis.
Here are few tips to avoid diaper rash and ensuring your child is always comfortable.
1. Careful with wash: if you are using a cloth diaper, be extra careful in washing such that there is no soap remaining in the cloth.
2. Clean well: when bathing your baby, make sure you clean the area covered by diaper with a mild soap and do not rub the area while drying, since the skin is sensitive.
3. Remove soiled diaper instantly: this is the most important. However busy you are, you need to aware of the times when the diaper/cloth has been soiled. And when soiled, the diaper has to be changed at the earliest. Do not keep your baby in the diaper for all hours of the day. It is good if they are out of the diaper for some time every day.
4. Keep the diaper loose. Also, ensure that you wash the cotton diapers with fabric softeners and try to avoid wipes altogether as they have strong chemicals in them.
5. Keep a tab on rashes: if your baby does get the rashes, check with the pediatrician at the earliest. Frequent topical applications of a bland protective barrier agent (zinc oxide paste) may suffice to prevent dermatitis. There are also chances of fungal infections. Antifungal creams should be used on advice of a doctor.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.