Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amrita BartriYour feedback matters!
But... its not so..as it is easier to take out the calories than to try and burn them off..
To drop 1 kg of body fat= Burn/ reduce 7500 calories.
WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE BETTER OPTION ?
BURNING 200 CALORIES/ DAY THROUGH EXERCISE
CUTTING 500 CALORIES/ DAY FROM DIET
Burning 200 calories/ day than through exercise=1 TO 1 1/2 hrs at the gym on the treadmill/ on the rowing machine
Cutting 500 calories a day from their diet=
Just cutting off a couple of sodas, or burger and pizza with cream cheese...
70% CONTRIBUTION OF WEIGHT LOSS COMES FROM DIET AND JUST 30% FROM EXERCISE...
So choose your foods wisely...
TIPS TO STAY HEALTHY..
1) Eat more of foods that are rich in fiber
2) Avoid oily, fried and spicy food.
3) Make sure to have sufficient amount of water throughout the day...Ideally 8-10 glasses.
4) Aim to achieve and then maintain your ideal body weight.
5) Ensure to follow a regular exercise routine
6) Dinner should be had atleast two hours before bed time for effective digestion.
7) Avoid overcooking, reheating, or deep freezing food.
8) Avoid the use of soda bicarbonate, preservatives, and colors while cooking vegetables and pulses.
9) Prefer the consumption of whole fruits over juices.
10) Use wheat flour without sieving.
11) Never skip a meal, instead have smaller and frequent meals.
12) Always start your day with breakfast. This will keep you energized throughout the day.
13) Avoid refined products and processed foods..
Remember you EAT to LIVE and so DO NOT.. Live to Eat...
Stay healthy .. Stay happy.. ☺
Are Krimpson 35 and Benforce M are the perfect medicines for PCOs? I have suggested to take krimpson 35 for 6 months and Benforce M for 3 months. Should I take these medicines? Are these two safe and will it cure my pcos?
Doctor my friend pregnancy test is positive please give some natural solution for her to having periods. Please help doctor.
Good health is a big issue in our sedentary lifestyles and whenever a person thinks about getting back in shape, the key areas he/she focuses on is nutrition and exercise. However, there are a number of other areas which are deeply linked to our general well-being and these are often overlooked. Here are the four additional health areas which play an important role in keeping you fit and healthy:
1. Effective Stress Management
A majority of people believe that their daily exercise regime also simultaneously acts as their stress buster. However, exercise only stimulates the sympathetic nervous system of the brain. In order to elicit a response from the parasympathetic nervous system; you need to indulge in certain relaxing activities such as meditation, listening to music, yoga etc.
2. Healthy Sleep Pattern
Maintaining a healthy sleep pattern is a must, as sleep deprivation greatly alters your hormones and results in an increased caloric intake. It has been proven to alter the hormones ghrelin and leptin, which ultimately leads to obesity. Moreover, prolonged exposure to artificial light hinders the functioning of the scn (suprachiasmatic nucleus); the part of brain responsible for maintaining a 24-hour cycle for the hormones of your body.
3. Building Social Relationships
Meeting friends and family regularly, chatting with them and spending time with them is as important as exercising or having a proper diet. The release of oxytocin, an immunoregulatory hormone, has been linked to social interactions.
4. Adequate Dose of Vitamin D
Although it is well-known that vitamin d helps build immunity against certain diseases such as cancer, heart problems and osteoporosis; it has been found that it may also play an important role in controlling our dietary habits. Research has shown that vitamin d regulates your consumption of food by acting as an energy homeostatic hormone present in the hypothalamus.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
What are the side effects of unwanted 72? I am using it since I was 18 years. How frequently can we use it? once in a month?
Dear Dr. I am 26 and my wife 23 Meri shadi 1 saal phle hui h pr mujhe meri wife ki vagina loose feel hoti Vagina ko tight krne ka trika btaye Loose feel hone ke nate mera sparm (virya) drop nhi hota pls reply And give idea for tight vagina I have not satisfie my sex life.
Hi, This is regarding my sister, who is pregnant of 9 weeks. She has thyroid from past 15 years. She has two kids and 2 miscarriages. Now, she has TSH 14, so taking 125 mcg dose daily. Along with that doctor has given ecosprin 5 mg with folic acid tablets. Now, she is facing many health problems. She is not getting sound sleep. During sleeping she is getting different thoughts and waking up. She is getting her neck heavy and paining .She feels like gas is blowing out from her neck to head feeling hot. Is it a gastric trouble? Please help her.
My husband more sex from me which I am unable to give him. Because I feel burning sensation in my vagina. When my husband asks me for the second time intercourse I am scared of that. Due to which he is annoyed of me most of the time. What should I do to have a comfortable and fully satisfied sex with my husband to make him happy.
Lovemaking is an essential aspect of any healthy relationship yet some couples are not aware of how the bodies change during the intercourse. While making love, a woman’s body goes through four different stages that trace the evolution of her sexual desire. Each stage has its own characteristics of specific physical responses and the woman’s breasts play a vital role in making the experience a pleasing one.
1. The excitement phase: This is the first stage of having sex where the mutual stimulation prepares the vagina. The first sign of sexual arousal is experiencing a vaginal lubrication that typically happens within 10 to 30 seconds of the stimulation. As the excitement builds up, the amount of fluid increases and the nipples also become erect. This happens mainly due to the contractions in small muscle fibres that respond to the sexual arousal.
2. The plateau phase: This is when the sexual stimulation is even more intense and the orgasm is just about to occur. The opening of the vagina narrows by about 30 percent for gripping the male genitals. Sometimes the colour of the inner vaginal lips also changes from pink to bright red. And the whole body reacts to the sexual arousal, and about 50- 75 percent of women across the world experience red spots resembling measles in and around the breasts, face, neck and buttocks. This is called as sex flush.
3. Orgasm: This is the juncture when the female body reaches the throes of the sexual pleasure and is immediately followed by relaxation. The breasts can swell by up to 25 percent at this stage. This makes the breasts ultra-sensitive and much larger than their original size. The nipple stimulation leads to the activation of same areas of the brain like the vaginal, cervical and clitoral stimulation. And the nipples turn from a pale to a deeper hue with the increase in the blood flow during the arousal.
4. Resolution phase: At this stage, the rate of blood pressure as well as heart rate fall as the woman calms down at this stage. But if sexual stimulation continues, then the resolution phase would span a very short time and the woman is likely to go back to the first three stages for further orgasms that lead to temporary enlargement of breasts.
Thus there is nothing to be worried about if you experience swelling of breasts when you are sexually aroused. However, if you feel that your breasts have become tender or causing any sort of abnormalities, then you must speak with a sexologist without further delay.
Hello, I have to ask that my friend married is 7 months now she is 5 month pregnant but my marriage is 14 months and I am trying from 3 months but my wife is not pregnant. Please advise.
Symptoms and preventions for Menopause
Hi Good morning! I am doctor Aparna Jain, senior consultant obstetrics and gynaecology. Today we are discussing problems related to menopause. Average age of menopause in an average Indian woman is 48 years. 2/3 years beyond that and before that is the period of perimenopause. Lot of women suffer from problems related to menopause first of which is hot flashes, another is urinary problem and sometimes menstrual disorder. Then there can be joint pains as well.
1. Hot Flashes. In hot flashes women usually feel lot of sweating and nervousness. Deficiency of hormones lead to hot flashes, for that we need to supplement the woman with hormones and usually we ask to avoid taking hot drinks and advice to take natural isoflavones to avoid hot flashes.
2. Menstrual Disorder. Menstrual disorder usually happens in the form of either irregular periods or heavy menses and irregular period usually occur in the initial six months to one year time then the period usually stops. If the period continues to be irregular then we need to do investigation to find out whether this woman is having any benign disorder in the uterus or malignant disorder in uterus. For that we need to do an ultrasound of lower abdomen and if required a D&C Hysteroscopy to find out whether there is any growth inside the uterus and we send this tissue for histopathology to rule out malignancy. If the bleeding till persists then the woman may need hysterectomy in that age.
3. Urinary Problem. It is quite common. Usually women do not come out with this problem because they feel shy about disclosing it. The most common problems are either frequency or dysuria which means burning during urination. Another is stress incontinence. Whenever they sneeze or cough they pass small amount of urine. It is all because of hormonal deficiency. Because of which the lining of the urinary bladder as well as the lining of the vagina becomes thin so there is chances of recurrent infection and women suffer from this problem. For this we need to supplement the women with hormones as well as ask them to take natural sources of oestrogens like soya isoflavones.
4. Joint Pain. Usually this is because of the deficiency of Vitamin D and Calcium. For this we need to address and tell them to do lot of exercises and to take Calcium as well as Vitamin D
Usually we subject every woman with health package during menopausal period in which we include a pap smear, and ultrasound routine, blood test like CBC, blood count, as well as lipid profile and kidney function test, sugar, urine routine culture, ultrasound of lower abdomen and if required mammography and if we find any problem one can go for a cardiac check up also. And, usually we tell every post menopausal woman to do some amount of exercise and take calcium and vitamin d and plenty of liquids to avoid any problem related to postmenopausal.
Thank you very much. If you have any problem related to this you can consult me either on Lybrate or you can come down to my clinic.
If green tea is that much of harmful than why some nutritionists suggests green tea to pregnant ladies. It affects the medications too.
What should we do if amniotic fluid level is 2.5 mm, and due date for delivery is 31.11.16. She feels no labor pain yet.
Me and my Girlfriend enjoying our sex life. But pregnancy is our problem. We are thinking for anal sex. Is it better? Will it hurt my partners inside? Please suggest me regarding anal sex.
Hello doc actually I wanted to ask you about pregnancy. Since so many months we trying for it but yet I dint get pregnant. So can you please suggest me something about it.
What steps to be taken if I'm planning a baby, precautions n methods of how to successfully conceive, please suggest.
Causes and Symptoms of Renal Hypertension
High blood pressure is characterized by an increased force that the blood exerts on the blood vessels when it moves through the body. Renal hypertension is a blood pressure disorder where the arteries that carry blood to the kidneys become narrow, as a result of which the blood pressure through these vessels increases.
It is caused when the arteries that supply blood to the kidney get narrow or get blocked. This can cause the kidney to release specific hormones that signal the body to retain water and sodium. This can put additional pressure on the blood vessels which leads to increased blood pressure. It can also be caused by atherosclerosis which is characterized by hardening of the arteries. Improper development of the arteries can also lead to renal hypertension.
The symptoms of renal hypertension are:
- Feeling confused
- Blurred vision
- Regular headaches
- Bleeding from the nose
- Gradual decline in kidney function
- Possible long-term damage to the kidney
- Feeling lethargic and drowsy
- Loss of appetite
- Dryness in skin
- Muscle cramps
- Breathing difficulties
The diagnostic procedure for this disorder consists of blood, urine, doppler ultrasound and CT angiography or MR angiography tests. Treatments for this disorder usually include medications to ease blood pressure. Preventive measures include modifications in lifestyle such as following a proper diet, limiting smoking, restricting sodium or salt in the diet and following an exercise regimen. Steps should also be taken to reduce stress. Yoga and meditation are highly beneficial to control the condition. Sometimes intervention is needed in the form of PTRA and stenting.
Related Tip: Kidney Stones and Homeopathy