Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amrita Bartri
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amrita BartriYour feedback matters!
To avoid pregnancy which is better ipill or injection. We are newly married and we want to plan our first child after few months. So we wanna know what to do to avoid pregnancy.
I had my mensus on dec 28th aftr that i din get my mensus again so that as per d doctor's sugestion i tuk regestron from 17th to 20th twice a day 3 days over bt stil i din get my mensus yet bt i hav slight bck pain n stomach pain. Kindly answer my question and reduce my stress 4 nt gtng mensus still.
I had irregular periods since two months at that time I had previously diabetic symptoms once when I took tablet for periods and started with mala d my sugar level became normal so when I had been to treatment my Dr. advised me to check to it my sugar level comes to normal so that I can conceive and plan for for further treatment again when I check my sugar level is 139moleq I had I cup tea and chocolate is it fine I am still showing pretty diabetic symptom I am very badly pls help.
I am ninth month pregnant.I have foot swelling and my blood pressure 150. Please solution this problem..
My friend had gone an surgical abortion 2 weeks back but she still have the feeling of vomiting sensation is it normal please help.
I am noticing white discharge often and often from 3 months. Its not continuous but from my last date its continuous every day. Suggest me treatment please I am married 4 yr back. Having 3yr kid.
One of the best and easiest ways to manage the symptoms of the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or COPD is through a healthy and nutrient dense diet. This would not only help you to not only keep the severity of the symptoms in check but also to maintain a healthy weight.
Tips to keep in mind when choosing a diet
- Managing Weight: It is essential for patients with COPD to manage their weight. The symptom of breathlessness could be more severe if you are overweight. You might feel fatigued and tired if you are underweight. Therefore it is crucial to monitor your calorie intake and therefore also your weight as recommended by the American Lung Association.
- Balanced Diet: It is essential for patients with COPD to eat a healthy, nutritious and balanced diet. One that is varied and rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean meats or proteins according to a study published in the August 2014 issue of the International Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. A well-balanced diet will ensure that you get all the necessary vitamins such as C, E, and D that are necessary to help you cope with this condition.
- Protein: Lean proteins such as eggs, meat, poultry, nuts, beans, and fish especially oily fish such as mackerel and sardines, should be incorporated into your meal plan. These proteins are necessary for patients with COPD especially if they are managing their condition through exercise.
- Carbohydrates and food high in fibre such as lentils, oats, and beans will improve the functioning of the digestive system.
- Potassium: Fruits and vegetables such as beets, potatoes, bananas are especially beneficial in preventing water retention in patients
Foods To Limit Or Avoid
People react differently to foods, there are some foods that patients with COPD should limit or avoid but if they do not seem to have an impact on your symptoms you can make them a part of your meal plan.
- Limiting salt intake irrespective of whether you are a COPD patient or not is always a good step to take. But if you are a COPD patient excessive salt in your diet could cause fluid retention which could worsen your shortness of breath.
- Dairy products such as milk and cheese can irritate the respiratory pathways making phlegm thicker.
- Certain fruits and vegetables such as apples, cabbage, stone fruits such as peaches and soybeans can cause gas and bloating.
- Caffeine in coffee and chocolate could interfere with certain medications that you have been prescribed. Confirm with your doctor if you can still include them in your diet. Patients with COPD need to drink plenty of fluids and it might be beneficial to opt for non-caffeinated beverages.
- Fried, greasy and spicy food can cause gas and indigestion which can affect breathing.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Nicotine is the chemical that makes cigarettes and smoking so hard to quit, nicotine is one of the most addictive chemicals known to man and it has been smoked all over the world for centuries. Nicotine is a stimulant that can block nerve and muscle cells from proper functioning. The tobacco plant produces nicotine that can raise heartbeat, blood pressure and can even increase your risk of a stroke.
Even with all of the smoking bans, health warnings and science to prove how harmful nicotine can be, people still choose to smoke. One can also chew tobacco, which is less harmful but still contains nicotine. If you smoke it is possible to flush nicotine out of your system by eating certain foods such as -
- Wheat germ