Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AmolYour feedback matters!
I have tan on my face nd hand. I had use many tan removal cream but does not seen any effect yet. I am not sure. What else can I do can you please help me with this?
Hi, I am 5mth pregnant women. From my breast some liquid come on while when my hubby press them and next day its pains a lot. What is that liquid come n y its pain? And what can I do to relief that pain, can you tell me some home remidey, I do not want to take any medicine . Thanks.
After having albendazole still feeling symptoms of stomach worms Like face spots, stiffness in stomach.
My friend is taking some allergic tablet from past ten years tablet name is LORINOL 10 mg. I told her to stop the tablet but she is not willing to stop. If is stops taking that tablet her skin color turns into reddish and with rashes.
Is for fair lovely cream actually make tje the skin white. Is there any problem of using it. If it cause problems prefer me a good cream to make the skin white and brighter.
I am 49 years old male I have got dry patches on my both the hands. Whenever my hands are dry ie without any cream or lotion, there is lots of eitchiness and dead skin peels off. What should I do ?
Doctor I break my pimples on my face and now all black spots are coming. I want to get rid of this black spots. Please advise.
I have in my face dark circle and pimples I use many creams and soaps but not use what I do for remove our dark circular and pimples are slowly slowly coming on full face.
With the advancement of technologies, comes a fee and that is pollution. Car fumes and smoke from industrial factories combined with the UV rays of the sun is more harmful than can be imagined. The most affected area is the skin.
The skin's primary purpose is to act as a protector, providing a barrier against toxic chemicals and radiation. According to dermatologists, the problems of uneven skin tone and darkened complexion is due to the pollution in the environment. It accelerates ageing. Skin cancer, connective tissues disease, halogen acne and chemical depigmentation are some of the skin problems.
Pollution affects skin
When pollution comes into direct contact with the skin, the polluted particles begins to infiltrate the deeper epidermis layers. This infiltration causes the skin to become inflamed and dehydrated. A cellular-level reaction also takes place which makes the skin lose its firmness and elasticity. Pollution breaks down the collagen present in the skin which makes the skin impaired from further functioning as a barrier. The formation of wrinkles, lines and loss in the volume are the typical signs of the skin being affected. Acne and dermatitis are also signs found in the earlier stage of skin problems due to pollution.
If an individual wants to examine the texture of the skin, then a full facial assessment can be done. The examination should deal thoroughly with the formation and patterns of the lines and wrinkles. One must note if the ageing of the skin is in parity with the ageing of the person. Sometimes the skin problems may be associated with hyperpigmentation and to check if the lines extend till the neck. Along with the face, the hands should also be examined because these two are the main areas that remain exposed mostly with a chance of getting affected by environmental pollutants.
Three ways of managing the skin problems
- Sunscreen: The most common way to keep your skin guarded against the radiation and pollutants is to use sunscreen. It inhibits the harmful effects of UV rays on the skin. It acts as a physical barrier protecting the skin from coming into contact with the ultraviolet radiation. Dermatologists recommend SPF 50 for complete protection. It is to be noted that the SPF is not combined with foundations or moisturisers and it tends to become less active.
- Cleansing: At the end of the day, it is always advisable to cleanse the face thoroughly to remove the invisible toxins that gather on the skin over the day. Cleansing, as well as exfoliation is an excellent remedy to improve your skin texture. Products containing alpha hydroxy acids (AHA) is recommended to be used as they chemically exfoliate the skin and help in the development of new skin cells.
- Antioxidants: After coming into contact with the skin, pollution forms free radicals or molecules that destruct the skin by breaking the collagen. To prevent the skin destruction from happening, antioxidants are to be used. They are the nutrient that helps in neutralising the free radicals and diminishes the risk of skin damage. It helps the skin to repair itself. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I have lost my sister last year who too close to me. She wore black hat on her head. Please help me.
Most breast lumps are not cancerous
True or False
Don’t panic if you find a lump. Most aren’t cancer. Many women have lumps caused by fluid-filled sacs called cysts or a buildup of scar-like tissue. But a new lump or mass that is hard, painless, and has rough edges may be more likely to be cancer. Breast cancers also can be tender, soft, or round.
Watch for breast pain, swelling, dimpling, nipples that hurt or leak liquid, or any redness or thickening of the skin. Always see your doctor if you notice anything different.
Why my skin is dry and dull how to get rid of it how to get skin care to get better and glowing face give me a tip.
Hi i am 20 years old and I got stitches scar on my forehead I got this scar wen I was 5 and it still exist please help me out to get rid of it.
I have very dry skin and wrinkles on my hands, thighs and legs. The wrinkles on hands and legs are from birth which make my hand and legs look like 80 year old, wrinkles on thighs is due to dryness. How can I make skin look younger and smooth and remove wrinkles. Ls give me prescription.
Please help doctor, I am getting dark circles under eyes it is increasing day by day and I am just 24 years male. Please suggest some good cream or ointment or soam which gets reduce in one month. Thank you.
I had been on isotretinoin for past 20 days and also using topically clindamycin phosphate gel I just want to know that is it fine if in morning firstly I use moisturising cream and then over it apply gel, I am getting confused for routine as I also had to use moisturizer.
My age is 14. And I am having many issues with my skin for eg. Oil, pimples, blackheads, marks. What is the reason? When will they stop?
1. Petroleum jelly is easily available and comes very cheap. It can be used on dry skin, dry lips and cracked heels – the remnants of winter on our body! Petroleum jelly has moisturizing properties and helps to get rid of the above mentioned dry skin conditions.
2. Add the 2 tbsp of olive oil to the bathing water prevents the winter dry skin.
3. Mix the 1 tbsp of glycerin, 1 tbsp of lemon juice and 1 tbsp of rose water. Mix all the ingredients well. Apply this solution before going to sleep. Glycerin is the natural humectant keeps the moisture in the skin.
4. Take the 2 tbsp of milk powder and 2 tbsp of almond oil and mix them well. Apply this paste on the dry skin wash it after 15 minutes. The milk powder has the moisturizer properties and almond oil contains the vitamin E both helps a lot for the dry skin.
5. Take equal amount of yogurt and buttermilk. Mix them well and apply all over your body. Keep it for 20 minutes and then wash off with water. Yogurt is rich in Zinc and other useful enzymes. Buttermilk contains lactic acid, which has a mild peeling property and hence it helps to clear dry and dull skin in winter.
6. Take the ripe papaya and ripe banana mesh and mix them well. Apply this paste all over the dry skin. Best easy remedy for winter dry skin.
7. Coconut oil makes the skins softer and provides moisture to the skin naturally. It is rich in fatty acids and prevents moisture loss. During the winter months, apply coconut oil at night before going to bed.
8. Warm up the milk in a saucepan.Place the oatmeal in a bowl, and add the milk to it. Wait for a few minutes before adding the honey to the mixture.Apply the face mask. Keep it on for 20 minutes. Rinse with cold water. Apply it once or twice a week.